Death, Taxes and Peterman lighting it up....

Worst QB in NFL

“.....  In less than two seasons with the Buffalo Bills, Peterman appeared in eight games and made four starts. He threw three touchdowns with 12 interceptions and had a 32.5 passer rating. Keep in mind that throwing every pass into the ground earns a quarterback a 39.6 rating.    ....  “

Think about how mind boggling it is that Peterman’s QB rating would have been better if he spiked the ball on every snap instead .

Edited by prissythecat
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

8 hours ago, hemma said:

I don’t think he’ll give up trying and when you don’t give up you haven’t lost the fight.

Not recognizing your limitations after repeated, glaring failures is simply self-delusion.

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

You are going to be irritated by his presence for a long time because he is going to be hanging around. He was drafted to be a backup and that is what he is going to do. :)

As long as Peterman wastes a roster space for a team other than the Bills, that's hardly irritating.  It's a good thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills made the playoffs in 2017 so...

...therefore, Peterman J. Allen.  ?

Now just one ¥#~*ing minute!  ?

You realize thinking like that is the reason why Vulcan does not rule the United Federation of Planets.  Logic only gets you so far.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Backups occasionally have to play without totally messing themselves in full public view. This has been an area in which it is fair to say Nate has "struggled."  

What is in the past is in the past. He is a backup qb who will be a backup in this league. You and Kirby may be invested in his failure but I am not. We shall see. :)

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Foxx said:

i think Gruden is an idiot but he can't be this stupid, can he?

7 months ago this is what our coach said: 

"I'm confident in every football player on our team and with respect to Nate, it's no different,"  

"Number one I've got to put the right guy out there that I feel is best for our football team,"

"I understand the fans and that sentiment, but at the same time I have to do what we feel is best for the football team going forward,"

That was after Peterman had gone 11 for 30 for 85 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, and a negative Average Yards-per-Attempt in two games.  

I have no idea what anyone even saw in him from the onset before he was drafted.  

Gil Brandt had him in his top-100 draft list.  (99th, WAY ahead of others) 

Gil Brandt said that Manuel was a 1st-round talent.  

Gil Brandt said that Reggie Ragland was equivalent to David Harris and would [singlehandedly] improve our defense by 7 PPG.  

Talk is tremendously cheap and the "experts" are no more accurate than anyone else generally speaking.  

Remember when everyone reacted to Bill Walsh talking about how Trent Edwards would be great.  He said the same thing about Rick Mirer back then.  The list goes on and on and on.  

• Like (+1) 1

The kid looked good in camp/preseason here too. I don't know what it is, but he brings the worst game day luck with him that I can ever remember of any professional athlete of all time in any sport. What did this kid do to get where he is today. Football gods have it out for him.. ?

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What is in the past is in the past. He is a backup qb who will be a backup in this league. You and Kirby may be invested in his failure but I am not. We shall see. :)

He is terrible. I am not invested in anything. I am just speaking the truth. Nathan Peterman is not talented enough to be in the NFL and every time he gets on an NFL field that is what he demonstrates.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

...therefore, Peterman J. Allen.  ?

Now just one ¥#~*ing minute!  ?

You realize thinking like that is the reason why Vulcan does not rule the United Federation of Planets.  Logic only gets you so far.

Huh?  Josh wasn't there in 2017 and Peterman was 1-3 in games he played in that year.

his biggest talent is being able to stick around.  i don't feel bad for nate.  he was given an opportunity to start...something most young qbs would kill to get a chance for.  he wasn't good enough so here we are.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

How much more do we need to see?!? Why does he get the chances that he gets? Did Brohm get that many chances? Did Gibran Hamadan? Drew Willy? Peterman’s QB rating would be higher if he spiked every pass he’s attempted. He doesn’t DESERVE another chance. In fact, I’d argue that he is the LEAST deserving player on any team’s 90 man roster. You can’t be the worst of all-time and continue to get gifted chances. It’s a production business and he’s been given WAY more of an opportunity than he has earned because he’s a nice guy. It’s not a surprise that people like EJ spoke out on this. EJ was a bad QB. EJ looks like Tom Brady compared to NP.  Peterman is stealing a pay check from someone more deserving.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How much more do we need to see?!? Why does he get the chances that he gets? Did Brohm get that many chances? Did Gibran Hamadan? Drew Willy? Peterman’s QB rating would be higher if he spiked every pass he’s attempted. He doesn’t DESERVE another chance. In fact, I’d argue that he is the LEAST deserving player on any team’s 90 man roster. You can’t be the worst of all-time and continue to get gifted chances. It’s a production business and he’s been given WAY more of an opportunity than he is earned because he’s a nice guy. It’s not a surprise that people like EJ spoke out on this. EJ was a bad QB. EJ looks like Tom Brady compared to NP.  Peterman is stealing a pay check from someone more deserving.

question: does his having those chances have any burden on you, personally? if not, then life is full of chances and I don't believe anyone should put a limit on those chances. I know, you know and most everyone else knows the kid just doesn't cut it but, it seems gruden and the raiders felt they would give him another chance.

the day someone tells me I have no more chances, better be after I have taken my last breath.

not trying to dog you, just seemed a little extreme to say the kid DOESN'T deserve another chance.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How much more do we need to see?!? Why does he get the chances that he gets? Did Brohm get that many chances? Did Gibran Hamadan? Drew Willy? Peterman’s QB rating would be higher if he spiked every pass he’s attempted. He doesn’t DESERVE another chance. In fact, I’d argue that he is the LEAST deserving player on any team’s 90 man roster. You can’t be the worst of all-time and continue to get gifted chances. It’s a production business and he’s been given WAY more of an opportunity than he is earned because he’s a nice guy. It’s not a surprise that people like EJ spoke out on this. EJ was a bad QB. EJ looks like Tom Brady compared to NP.  Peterman is stealing a pay check from someone more deserving.

You act as if Peterman has been in the league for a generation. Why the zealotry for an at best backup qb? You, Gunner and the revved up angry mob can cheer at the lynching. I'm not only not joining you but I will be the one chortling when he hangs on as a backup and collects his lovely checks.

EJ is in no position to point fingers and pass judgment on any other qb. He had more than enough opportunities to prove that he could at least be a mediocre backup. He wasn't even good enough to attain that low status. For him to point the finger at any other qb is like Al Capone calling someone else a crook. EJ (a good guy)  not only failed as a qb but he was emblematic of a generationally long failed organization. It would be wise for him to live out the dictum: Silence is golden. 

I am again having problems with the highlight function. I have no desire to shout. 

Edited by JohnC
highlight problem
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Foxx said:

i think Gruden is an idiot but he can't be this stupid, can he?

I trust McBeanes and they liked Peterman a lot for a long time.   Kid needs a good O Line and WRs who can play, neither of which he had much of in B Lo.   We shall see. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

question: does his having those chances have any burden on you, personally? if not, then life is full of chances and I don't believe anyone should put a limit on those chances. I know, you know and most everyone else knows the kid just doesn't cut it but, it seems gruden and the raiders felt they would give him another chance.

the day someone tells me I have no more chances, better be after I have taken my last breath.

not trying to dog you, just seemed a little extreme to say the kid DOESN'T deserve another chance.

There is nothing wrong with dogging Kirby. You are not only entitled to bark at him but if he persists with his denigration of an earnest player then you are authorized to nip at his heels. :ph34r:

Edited by JohnC
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It doesn’t bother me. In fact I’d LOVE if he started a game against the Bills. I just don’t think it’s fair to guys like EJ or AJ or other players of that caliber. It’s less fair to guys that have never gotten a chance. When people are like, “I’m happy for the guy” I think it’s kind of bs. To me, he’s taking something from someone more deserving, that’s all. He’s had his chance and failed. A lot of scrub QBs have done the same (albeit no one has failed as poorly as him) and never gotten another chance. He just keeps getting them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1