Death, Taxes and Peterman lighting it up....

31 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You act as if Peterman has been in the league for a generation. Why the zealotry for an at best backup qb? You, Gunner and the revved up angry mob can cheer at the lynching. I'm not only not joining you but I will be the one chortling when he hangs on as a backup and collects his lovely checks.

EJ is in no position to point fingers and pass judgment on any other qb. He had more than enough opportunities to prove that he could at least be a mediocre backup. He wasn't even good enough to attain that low status. For him to point the finger at any other qb is like Al Capone calling someone else a crook. EJ (a good guy)  not only failed as a qb but he was emblematic of a generationally long failed organization. It would be wise for him to live out the dictum: Silence is golden. 

I am again having problems with the highlight function. I have no desire to shout. 

I am not cheering anything. You think I hate Peterman or have some vendetta against him. I don't. I just know him to be under talented to be an NFL QB. I did want him off the Bills because it offended me greatly every time he took the field for us. But beyond that I don't really care whether he stays in the NFL or not. I bear him no ill will. I am just certain he will never be any good. If a team (like the Raiders) get duped into keeping him as a backup they will regret it as soon as he has to take the field, because the indisputable, undeniable fact is he can't play. As Kirby rightly states there are better Quarterbacks who also couldn't play who were given fewer chances than Nathan Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It doesn’t bother me. In fact I’d LOVE if he started a game against the Bills. I just don’t think it’s fair to guys like EJ or AJ or other players of that caliber. It’s less fair to guys that have never gotten a chance. When people are like, “I’m happy for the guy” I think it’s kind of bs. To me, he’s taking something from someone more deserving, that’s all. He’s had his chance and failed. A lot of scrub QBs have done the same (albeit no one has failed as poorly as him) and never gotten another chance. He just keeps getting them.

Because he shows something (in practice, meeting rooms, whatever) that leads whichever coach to think that there's something still untapped there, that they haven't found the key on gamedays for yet, but again, he is showing them something. No NFL coach who wants to keep their job, will give him a chance at the expense of some other more deserving scrub, if they didn't see something that makes them feel like they lose nothing to give him another chance. Like you said, it's a production business. Fear not! If he continues to fail on the gridiron, he will run out of chances soon enough, Gruden or not.

There's no rule that I'm aware of, that says every backup QB wannabe gets the same # of chances, EJ included. Oh, and FWIW, EJ was a 1st round draft pick. NP was a 5th, so the level of expectation as to what they need to get back for that investment is markedly different.

NP's been crapped on enough. Let it play out and let's move on with talking about the next more important topic, such as who you've got in your too-soon mock draft going #42 in next year's draft? :D

2 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Remember when everyone reacted to Bill Walsh talking about how Trent Edwards would be great.  He said the same thing about Rick Mirer back then.  The list goes on and on and on.  

Bill Walsh also traded up for JJ Stokes and called home the next Jerry Rice.  Walsh also called Jim Drunkenmiller the next great 49ers QB when he was drafted too.  

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

That corner end zone fade to Zay was the best thrown ball of 2018 for the Bills

Unfortunately you need more arm strength and less telegraphing than the Natester can muster if you're going to make all the throws in the NFL.

That would be dropping a dime. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

7 months ago this is what our coach said: 

"I'm confident in every football player on our team and with respect to Nate, it's no different,"  

"Number one I've got to put the right guy out there that I feel is best for our football team,"

"I understand the fans and that sentiment, but at the same time I have to do what we feel is best for the football team going forward,"

That was after Peterman had gone 11 for 30 for 85 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs, and a negative Average Yards-per-Attempt in two games.  

I have no idea what anyone even saw in him from the onset before he was drafted.  

Gil Brandt had him in his top-100 draft list.  (99th, WAY ahead of others) 

Gil Brandt said that Manuel was a 1st-round talent.  

Gil Brandt said that Reggie Ragland was equivalent to David Harris and would [singlehandedly] improve our defense by 7 PPG.  

Talk is tremendously cheap and the "experts" are no more accurate than anyone else generally speaking.  

Remember when everyone reacted to Bill Walsh talking about how Trent Edwards would be great.  He said the same thing about Rick Mirer back then.  The list goes on and on and on.  

Gil Brandt also had Manziel as his top overall prospect for 2014, even calling him one of the best players he's ever seen in his life.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Yikes! "Pick" your poison Chucky!

Extending that drinking analogy, Chucky is the guy who walks into the house party in Bel Air where Johnny Walker Blue and Pappy Van Winkle are readily available, yet insists on drinking the ‘Purple Jesus’ punch that Iggy brewed up in the hosed out garbage can.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not cheering anything. You think I hate Peterman or have some vendetta against him. I don't. I just know him to be under talented to be an NFL QB. I did want him off the Bills because it offended me greatly every time he took the field for us. But beyond that I don't really care whether he stays in the NFL or not. I bear him no ill will. I am just certain he will never be any good. If a team (like the Raiders) get duped into keeping him as a backup they will regret it as soon as he has to take the field, because the indisputable, undeniable fact is he can't play. As Kirby rightly states there are better Quarterbacks who also couldn't play who were given fewer chances than Nathan Peterman.

You have been very clear since before the draft your reasons for not liking Peterman.  For reasonable people, it never seemed personal.  But for some reason if you have doubts about Bills player here, it is personal and you’re just a hater. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Maybe the Bills just sucked and he's not really that bad.  Hmmm ....

Or maybe it is just Bills players and coaches which made him look bad and Chuckie can fix him.....

11 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

GET THE HYPE REEL FIRED UP!

One observation - he seems to be a crowd killer.  Whenever he is on field it appears that a lot of people leave.  Maybe he just makes people thirsty. 

10 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You and almost everyone else.  Self included.

I certainly can.  Called him P5t5rman since SD game. Before that a waste of a roster slot and he should be on PS to give players practice catching although In did not know DBs would get more practice at that time.

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Peterman is stealing a pay check from someone more deserving.

Maybe he gives kickbacks to coaches who keeps him on roster.   

I am sure the idol of many fans on this board with P*ts jerseys in closet, Bilicheat, could make him a GOAT.

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Billy Joe Hobert.  There, Peterman is no longer the goat. That ?, not ‘GOAT’ goat.

I think Billy Joe had a better game without studying.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You have been very clear since before the draft your reasons for not liking Peterman.  For reasonable people, it never seemed personal.  But for some reason if you have doubts about Bills player here, it is personal and you’re just a hater. 

And without blowing my own trumpet too much he has failed for the very reasons I gave for not liking him. Lacks arm, doesn't read the field pre-snap and is inaccurate once he is throwing more than 10 yards in the air. 

14 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think Billy Joe had a better game without studying.

Quite possibly.  However, to paraphrase Dean Wormer, “drunk, lazy and stupid is no way to go through your football career, son”.

NP gets points for preparation and moxie.  ?

5 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Gil Brandt also had Manziel as his top overall prospect for 2014, even calling him one of the best players he's ever seen in his life.

Same Gil Brandt that says we're headed to the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gruden: “I’ll tell you what... this Peterman kid is the real deal. The starting QB position is an open competition on this team if you ask me”

WOW that just confirms that Gruden is not in his right mind i hope Mayock see's what is really going on ...

20 hours ago, Doc said:

I was a big fan of Peterman up until that disastrous Chargers game.  The guy doesn't have the arm strength but thinks he does, and that's a dangerous thing.

Think about that Chargers game and what happened. Joey Bosa stated after the game that that right side of the Bills line didn't get a hand on him... Mills, Miller and the OC for that year are all gone now. Still, five interceptions...

In the 2018 opener, Peterman started that Ravens game with one of the very worst offensive lines the Bills have ever fielded along with an OC that wanted him to throw deep...a formula for a disaster. Not to mention that the Bills didn't have much of an RB run game to take the pressure off the QB and he had little escape-ability. Asking Peterman to throw 49 times against that Bears defense with Shady going 10 rush attempts for 10 yards :wacko:

The kid isn't as bad as he showed IMO as he needed to be in a west coast scheme with an OC who could see his limitations as he didn't have the arm to throw that 18 yard out pass. That said, I'm glad he is a Raider. 3 TDs, 12 INTs. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Because he shows something (in practice, meeting rooms, whatever) that leads whichever coach to think that there's something still untapped there, that they haven't found the key on gamedays for yet, but again, he is showing them something. No NFL coach who wants to keep their job, will give him a chance at the expense of some other more deserving scrub, if they didn't see something that makes them feel like they lose nothing to give him another chance. Like you said, it's a production business. Fear not! If he continues to fail on the gridiron, he will run out of chances soon enough, Gruden or not.

There's no rule that I'm aware of, that says every backup QB wannabe gets the same # of chances, EJ included. Oh, and FWIW, EJ was a 1st round draft pick. NP was a 5th, so the level of expectation as to what they need to get back for that investment is markedly different.

NP's been crapped on enough. Let it play out and let's move on with talking about the next more important topic, such as who you've got in your too-soon mock draft going #42 in next year's draft? :D

That's an excuse for a QB who hasn't started yet in the NFL or who maybe had 1 or 2 games where he played in garbage time.   There's enough game film on Peterman for coaches to realize that whatever he shows in practice doesn't translate onto the field in game time when games actually count.  He's not the first, and he won't be the last, NFL QB who plays great in practice but sucks in regular season games.  He's just so singularly bad -- his faults are both mental and physical -- that the coaches who keep giving him chances have to arrogantly think they are so superior to everybody else that they're capable of turning water into wine.  Gruden has never seen a QB he didn't love because his ego won't let him accept that even he can't fix every QB.