Eric Wood is the new Bills color analyst - will replace Kelso

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

ummm, that IS what a color guy should do during a radio broadcast. Bring to the audience a visual of what is going on.

It rarely was visual to me.  It was as *though he was drawing random, unconnected lines on a blackboard. 

4 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

ummm, that IS what a color guy should do during a radio broadcast. Bring to the audience a visual of what is going on.

Right on. I always thought Kelso was probably too analytical for some ( probably folks who liked Madden .. “ did’ya see that ? boom ! bam ! He got right up in there like a big ol’ slobber knocker and whammed ‘em. Dang that’s good stuff! “ ) but I liked him. Especially on the radio, where you don’t have the visual to go on. He’d be overkill on a TV broadcast, but I welcomed Kelso’s detail in telling you exactly what happened. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Thought his comments and insight were great, but seemed to lack chemistry with Murphy. I'm sure that will come with time though

I think Wood will do a great job.  Now all they need to do is find a replacement for Murph.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/3/2019 at 12:45 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Right on. I always thought Kelso was probably too analytical for some ( probably folks who liked Madden .. “ did’ya see that ? boom ! bam ! He got right up in there like a big ol’ slobber knocker and whammed ‘em. Dang that’s good stuff! “ ) but I liked him. Especially on the radio, where you don’t have the visual to go on. He’d be overkill on a TV broadcast, but I welcomed Kelso’s detail in telling you exactly what happened. 

Kelso's technical analysis and knowledge of all aspects of the game was fantastic.  He was way over the head of most color guys doing NFL games.  

But Wood is an intelligent, well spoken guy.  I think he'll be good at it.