Eric Wood is the new Bills color analyst - will replace Kelso

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I suppose it might depend on your TV/radio, etc. but in the past when there's an analyst team I don't care for, I've tried to mute the TV and turn on WGR 550. The unfortunate thing is that WGR's transmission is faster than the TV, sometimes by a whole play. That was my experience though, give it a whirl yourself and see what happens.

I've been syncing the broadcast to the radio for a few years now.  Best part when it's working well is hearing the crowd noise in the stadium. The salute to Ramsey last year was loud and clear. Too funny.

Ive got an app that will delay audio that works great when the radio is fast.  If the Tv is fast you gotta use a DVR delay on the tv.

Your distance to the radio station effects the delay,  and there are several stations from Olean to Dansville that have different timing. 

Sometimes they adjust the delay after the kickoff.  Fox and ESPN broadcasts will be different than cbs also. Also AM WGR will be different than 97 Rock or WCMF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This whole thing matters little to me since I never listen to the radio feed (can’t stand Murph) but I’m happy for Wood because he seems like a good dude and the articles he has written for The Athletic have been insightful. I think he’ll do well. 

6 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is the first time I plan on listening to the radio broadcast while I watch. Does anyone know if there is a delay if you do it this way? 

There is. It's a dealbreaker. You can't watch and listen at the same time.

Living outside of NYS, I have gotten to listen to the radio broadcast a lot over the past 10 years.  I really enjoy Kelso and I think he's improved a bunch over his time doing the color commentary.  I will miss him and I'm sad to see him go.

I'll reserve judgement on E. Wood until I hear him this fall, but I think he does have very big shoes (and helmet) to fill.  

• Like (+1) 2

sorry i didn't read every post but wanted to respond about fitz...i got screwed up trying to quote and lost it...but i bet fitz would be awesome.

i don't know if someone already mentioned this, but i'd like to find out if it's possible to get the radio and tv in sync.  been busy with the grill and drinking...

I will not pass judgement on EWOOD as I have yet to hear him speak while analyzing a game. I can not really recall very many o lineman who have successfully transitioned into the booth.  I loved listening to Mark Kelso explain the plays and the formations and where players were being put in a certain position and why. He analyzed the game much like he played. Very smart not exciting. I liked him and think it is a mistake moving on from him. It smells more like a pr move to bridge the gap from the older Bill's fan generation to the newer. Which is going to happen I suppose. I totally disdain John Murphy's play by play and wish they would find someone more smooth and someone who doesnt seem like they are trying too hard to come up with the next great "quote". I did not mind him with Van as the color guy but I find t hard to listen to a Bill's game with him on the MIC.

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna miss Kelso.  Liked his insight and passion.  Hope Eric has the same technical expertise.

Next step is ban Murphy from play-by-play!  Provides no insight, gets players wrong a lot and has little technical knowledge.  Never seemed to gel with Kelso; always emend to be on different pages.

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Gonna miss Kelso.  Liked his insight and passion.  Hope Eric has the same technical expertise.

Next step is ban Murphy from play-by-play!  Provides no insight, gets players wrong a lot and has little technical knowledge.  Never seemed to gel with Kelso; always emend to be on different pages.

Unfortunately, short of committing a crime, and getting fired because of it, we are stuck with Murphy until he decides to retire.  

According to wiki, Murphy is 64.