Eric Wood is the new Bills color analyst - will replace Kelso

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

oh damn.  Kelso was awesome. 

Thought he was awful

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It sounded like it was his choice - Wood said Kelso “had some other things going on”... I seem to remember he has another job but can’t recall if it’s coaching or something else 

I liked kelso too - especially with his film study, he’s so smart

Seemed like Kelso got to the game Sunday mornings and said” hey, there is a game today, cool, who the Bills playing” I think he did zero film study

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

He is part art of a NASCAR team down south and wanted to spend more time with that organization.

Kelso was a great guy - very intelligent and seemed to really do an excellent job with film study and knowledge.

Think he spend all his time there last year. 

One last note , EWood came by the TBD tailgate for the Monday nighter last year , had some of @mead107 Stromboli and what critter @CountryCletus was smoking up... when is the last time Kelso ever did that!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Wood was never the same after the loss of Levitre, but I'm glad he's back. He's always been a real stand-up guy.

a lot of people’s “wood” is never quite the same after... oh nevermind

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Who cares.  Once the blackout rule was lifted, the radio team became irrelevant...and if you have ever listened to Murphy...that was a good thing.  

I haven't listened to a Bills radio broadcast since '70s with Van, Stan  and Rife

Did not like Kelso.  I felt like that, If you never played organized football, he used terms that made it hard to understand.  Tasker should be dragged behind a car by a chain. Murph should take some medicine for that chronic bronchitis.     Can't wait for Fitz to retire.  He will be legendary in the booth.

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

Did not like Kelso.  I felt like that, If you never played organized football, he used terms that made it hard to understand.  Tasker should be dragged behind a car by a chain. Murph should take some medicine for that chronic bronchitis.     Can't wait for Fitz to retire.  He will be legendary in the booth.

Awfully violent.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Awfully violent.

Agreed.  He's so terrible, I lost it there for a minute and went overboard.  Instead, he should be given a swirly.  No.  Make that 2 swirlies, 4 noogies, 7 purple nurples, and then banned from broadcasting. 

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

Kelso is involved in NASCAR or something like that, right? Probably didn't want to divide his attention anymore.

Operations Manager for JTG Daugherty Racing. One of the owners is Kelso's/Kazoo's college roommate. One of the other owners former NBA player Brady Daugherty.   

Edited by Irv

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

oh damn.  Kelso was awesome. 

Hopefully Wood will stay at the same level as Kelso in his evaluation of the on field happenings & not go in the opposite direction like his new cohort did when Van decided to retire just sayin ?

Edited by T master

Substance over style argument here and they are appealing to their demographics.  

Kelso/Tasker were A+ on the substance but ok on the style.  

Wood probably has the style and they hope he has the substance.  

Wood is like the goofy uncle at the barbecue, regaling you of always funny stories.   He might shave, might not.  Wears Nike slides year round.    

Kelso/Tasker are like dad's former service friends who haven't laughed out loud since that time in Panama.....during the invasion.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is the first time I plan on listening to the radio broadcast while I watch. Does anyone know if there is a delay if you do it this way? 

I’ve tried this before, didn’t work out, I’m in NYC so many times bars will have the game but no sound, tried wearing headphones but the radio broadcast was a solid 1 minute behind. Could be different if you’re in the buffalo area?

This is interesting news.

Mark Kelso was outstanding at his job as color analyst and I have no idea why he is not in coaching.  He sees things most analysts don't and explain them to the viewer/listener.

Having listened to Eric Wood talk a lot on his weekly GR-55 spots, there is no doubt he is quite intelligent and well spoken, way beyond the norm for a pro football player.  I think he'll be good, but I question if he truly understands the X and O side of the game on both sides of the ball the way Kelso did.

Kelso's old job of free safety set him up well for his color analyst gig; but Eric at center is not bad either.

I wonder if Kelso decided he didn't want to do it anymore.  I can't imagine he was replaced out of a desire to improve the position.

EDIT:  So Kelso wants to spend more time doing NASCAR stuff huh?  I'm glad he left on his own terms, though I'll miss him.  

Edited by Nextmanup