YoloinOhio

Eric Wood is the new Bills color analyst - will replace Kelso

Was just coming to post this.

Pretty cool! 

Very happy E. Wood is back in the Bills organization! 

Plus We can fully put to bed that there were any hard feeling over his whole retirement press conference debacle.

Wood will serve as radio color commentator alongside John Murphy for Bills game broadcasts on WGR Sports Radio 550 and Entercom’s Bills Radio Network. He will also regularly contribute content to One Bills Live and all Bills media and content platforms.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, RiotAct said:

oh damn.  Kelso was awesome. 

Yeah I’m bummed he’s leaving. But happy E. Wood is here.

wonder if he chose to leave or what? 

Liked Kelso, but happy to have Wood a part of the team. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just said on WGR

Man you too quick 

DELETED TWEET

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

According to Murph just now, Kelso is leaving to dive deeper into the NASCAR racing team he’s affiliated with? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

It sounded like it was his choice - Wood said Kelso “had some other things going on”... I seem to remember he has another job but can’t recall if it’s coaching or something else 

I liked kelso too - especially with his film study, he’s so smart

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Sweet. It'll be nice hearing EW when i'm avoiding Man-Voice-Mowins the two times a year she does our games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

According to Murph just now, Kelso is leaving to dive deeper into the NASCAR racing team he’s affiliated with? 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It sounded like it was his choice - Wood said Kelso “had some other things going on”... I seem to remember he has another job but can’t recall if it’s coaching or something else 

Thanks guys. Glad it sounds like it was his choice. 

As I said, I’m sad to see Kelso go. But I think Wood will be good at this, especially with all the insight he has into this current Bills organization and how McBeane do things. 

His articles on The Athletic have been really good. So I expect more of the same.

• Like (+1) 1

They are replacing the wrong guy.

Wood is an awesome choice. I loved listening to his show on WGR every Monday. Always found him very candid and is well spoken

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is part art of a NASCAR team down south and wanted to spend more time with that organization.

Kelso was a great guy - very intelligent and seemed to really do an excellent job with film study and knowledge.

• Like (+1) 1

Love this; after hearing from his mom that he wanted to get into broadcasting, this is a great start.

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope Wood ignores Kelso's advice and refuses to do the broadcast with 20 sticks of gum in his mouth. And is there a chance that Van Miller had a son/daughter/grandson/granddaughter/nephew/niece/ even adopted relative that could replace John Murphy? Please???

• Like (+1) 1

Wood was never the same after the loss of Levitre, but I'm glad he's back. He's always been a real stand-up guy.

23 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Wish it was tasker leaving. That man should be forbidden from ever using a microphone again. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Thought he was awful

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seemed like Kelso got to the game Sunday mornings and said” hey, there is a game today, cool, who the Bills playing” I think he did zero film study

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

He is part art of a NASCAR team down south and wanted to spend more time with that organization.

Kelso was a great guy - very intelligent and seemed to really do an excellent job with film study and knowledge.

Think he spend all his time there last year. 

One last note , EWood came by the TBD tailgate for the Monday nighter last year , had some of @mead107 Stromboli and what critter @CountryCletus was smoking up... when is the last time Kelso ever did that!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 3
  • Confused 1

Who cares.  Once the blackout rule was lifted, the radio team became irrelevant...and if you have ever listened to Murphy...that was a good thing.  

9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Wood was never the same after the loss of Levitre, but I'm glad he's back. He's always been a real stand-up guy.

a lot of people’s “wood” is never quite the same after... oh nevermind