Tuesday OTA: Info from Media Attendance (edit)

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

When do you see Ford sliding in with the 1's and where at?  Do you think he pushes Long early?

They have said quite clearly they want to see Ford at RT. I expect by the middle of camp if he is performing with the #2s that they start to work him in with the #1s. I expect Ty to start the first pre-season game RT but as long as Ford is coming along at the right rate I think they will get him out there with the 1st team in the 2nd or 3rd game.

11 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Im not normally one of those people who will correct grammer etc, esp since i abbreviate as much as i do. I dont know why, but that particular mis-speak always makes me cringe lol. I cldnt resist!! ;)

When you try to correct "grammer" it always backfires.

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

I'm gonna assume that for right now they are going to try all the LG's that they signed this off-season at RG to figure out who can man it best...TY has played some OG as well so maybe we see him in there too

There is another option Tsaik.... a bit Machiavellian but could it be that:

- they know Spain is a starter for them.

- they don't know yet whether Dawkins will hold his job at LT (thought clearly they want him to)

- if Dawkins isn't the starting LT he will be the starting LG

- therefore by making that the spot where you cycle through the guys competing for "other" guard job you make it that if at some point they decide to move Dawkins inside and put Ty at LT you are only messing up one guard spot, not two?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have said quite clearly they want to see Ford at RT. I expect by the middle of camp if he is performing with the #2s that they start to work him in with the #1s. I expect Ty to start the first pre-season game RT but as long as Ford is coming along at the right rate I think they will get him out there with the 1st team in the 2nd or 3rd game.

How do you see it playing out game 1?

I don't know much about Ty other than it sounds like it's going to be tough to keep him off the field.  Maybe?

LT - Nsheke

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Spain

RT - Ford

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Guards the opposite way around from what I might have expected but otherwise that is what I'd have predicted.

Same, and I'm really glad they have Long at G. I think he will crack the starting 5 there.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know much about Ty other than it sounds like it's going to be tough to keep him off the field.  Maybe?

LT - Nsheke

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Spain

RT - Ford

I’m all for anyway the coaches decide who the 5 best are, but I really like this combo -if Dawkins buys into it. Having Spain & Morse on Cody’s left will be great for him and accelerate his maturity at RT. jmo

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is another option Tsaik.... a bit Machiavellian but could it be that:

- they know Spain is a starter for them.

- they don't know yet whether Dawkins will hold his job at LT (thought clearly they want him to)

- if Dawkins isn't the starting LT he will be the starting LG

- therefore by making that the spot where you cycle through the guys competing for "other" guard job you make it that if at some point they decide to move Dawkins inside and put Ty at LT you are only messing up one guard spot, not two?

I feel that this is exactly what they're doing, save for the idea that Spain is a definite starter. They may simply be trying to establish his positional flexibility since they're going to have serious competition for interior roster spots.

Edited by thebandit27

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m all for anyway the coaches decide who the 5 best are, but I really like this combo -if Dawkins buys into it. Having Spain & Morse on Cody’s left will be great for him and accelerate his maturity at RT. jmo

I see Dawkins buying in...seems like that kind of guy.  I do feel, and I think he's stated it publicly, that he wants LT.  

I still feel good about him.  I think he meant it when he said he go too comfortable last year and won't let that happen again.  He will start somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LT - Nsheke

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Spain

RT - Ford

I still think:

Dawkins

Long / Feliciano

Morse

Spain

Ford

But I think your version is definitely possible - see my post about why they might be using Spain at RG rather than LG.

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I feel that this is exactly what they're doing, save for the idea that Spain is a definite starter. They may simply be trying to establish his positional flexibility since they're going to have serious competition for interior roster spots.

I don't see any way Spain isn't one of their best 5.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think:

Dawkins

Long / Feliciano

Morse

Spain

Ford

But I think your version is definitely possible - see my post about why they might be using Spain at RG rather than LG.

Agreed. You know how much these guys value positional flexibility though 

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed. You know how much these guys value positional flexibility though 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think:

Dawkins

Long / Feliciano

Morse

Spain

Ford

I do agree with that base, but also with the flexibility that bandit is mentioning. 

I haven't forgotten some of the formations that Roman had dreamed up. With a young QB, and two possible Hall of Fame running backs, and no dominant receiving targets it makes a lot of sense to have the run open up the pass. With Nseshke as a swing tackle, you can throw him out on some unbalanced lines and create some mismatches that Shady will be salivating over.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When do you see Ford sliding in with the 1's and where at?  Do you think he pushes Long early?

But seriously ...   I think he'll move up with the 1's

Ford could realistically play at either guard or tackle at the professional level as Ford has experience has both positions.

Ford  played guard throughout his first two seasons at Oklahoma and to right tackle in 2018, where he excelled

Has anyone seen Mike Roadhack?  Or will ESPN assign a different beat reporter? 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

When you try to correct "grammer" it always backfires.

Lol, spell check cant correct everything.  Good thing i wasnt getting on him for spelling and also admitting i spell things wrong all the time.... bc that just would have been - o wait.... nevermind

37 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

I was looking at the photo shoot slides and they didn't have a picture of him...playing catch-up with vids. Thanks.

again ..  in the thread I started there is a link from the Bills that have photographs of all 91 players 

this is why duplicate threads are a PITA.  

halfway down  Page 6   91 players 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan