Tuesday OTA: Info from Media Attendance (edit)

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

again ..  in the thread I started there is a link from the Bills that have photographs of all 91 players 

this is why duplicate threads are a PITA.  

halfway down  Page 6   91 players 

Are you pouting?

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I see Dawkins buying in...seems like that kind of guy.  I do feel, and I think he's stated it publicly, that he wants LT.  

I still feel good about him.  I think he meant it when he said he go too comfortable last year and won't let that happen again.  He will start somewhere.

He stated he wants to be LT.  Now it’s time for him to earn it.  I think it comes down to who is better? Dawkins or Ford.  Nsekhe will be starting imo, the question is, where.  Whoever plays better, Dawkins or Ford.  I believe Nsekhe will beat both of them out if the competition is legit.  Nsekhe says he’s best and prefers LT.  If he wins LT, move Dawkins to guard.  I’m just worried that McDs gameplay going forward is Fawkins at LT and Ford at RT, which could put Ford on the bench if nsekhe beats him out at RT.

21 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

What gives?  I read on this very board that Zay wasn’t making the team. 

Are you really starting "I told you so" posts because of one catch in shorts in May?  LMAO.  And maybe you would be less confused if you actually read the thread you are referencing ;) 

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 5/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, Doc said:

Yeah.  And they flipped Yarborough to the other side where he also had better success in 2017.  Not sure why they changed them in the first place.

One critcism of Shaq coming out of Clemson is that he lacked an explosive first step.  You generaly want your most explosive pass rusher on the right because it is the blind side of most QBs.  That rule of thumb is changing somewhat though.

12 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, but no Shady at OTAs?

I haven't seen any report of him on the field in drills, but he was seen giving Singletary a congratulatory back slap for one of the rookie's better runs.  

6 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I haven't seen any report of him on the field in drills, but he was seen giving Singletary a congratulatory back slap for one of the rookie's better runs.  

Chris Brown reported that he was doing RB drills and activities  - Singletary got the most carries 

All the stuff about guards playing the right or left side is a bit overrated. Most guys are trained in college to play both sides of the line...so it's not like they've never done it before. Most of Spain's experience came at LG, but there is no reason why he could not play the right side. For Long, he was a RG in college and has played RG, LG, and center in the pros. Feliciano played some left tackle, RT, and guard in college and has played LG, RG, C in the pros. It really doesn't matter. They are going to move guys around because they value position flexibility. Let's just say that hypothetically, Feliciano and Long win the starting guard spots and Spain is #3...well if Spain is going to be a backup, he is going to have to play both sides. If Spain can only play LG, and doesn't win the competition to start, he's useless and would get cut. I'm not worried about any of this and none of it is some secret plan to keep LG open for Dawkins. I still don't understand why people keep penciling Dawkins in at left guard to accommodate Nsekhe. Dawkins and Ford are the young bookends and this regime is not moving either of those guys inside unless they are terrible. And just remember that Dawkins, if he were moved, can play the right side. He did it at the Senior Bowl. So let's not overreact about all this side switching stuff.  

One of the more interesting  things to come out, at least to me, is Ike Boettger playing center on the second team. I mentioned that I thought they should get him to learn center somewhere on this site a while ago. I really like Boettger's potential. There is some nasty to his game and he does have some athletic ability. If he can show that he can capabley play center, he has a much better chance of making the roster. There is solid upside there.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

All the stuff about guards playing the right or left side is a bit overrated. Most guys are trained in college to play both sides of the line...so it's not like they've never done it before. Most of Spain's experience came at LG, but there is no reason why he could not play the right side. For Long, he was a RG in college and has played RG, LG, and center in the pros. Feliciano played some left tackle, RT, and guard in college and has played LG, RG, C in the pros. It really doesn't matter. They are going to move guys around because they value position flexibility. Let's just say that hypothetically, Feliciano and Long win the starting guard spots and Spain is #3...well if Spain is going to be a backup, he is going to have to play both sides. If Spain can only play LG, and doesn't win the competition to start, he's useless and would get cut. I'm not worried about any of this and none of it is some secret plan to keep LG open for Dawkins. I still don't understand why people keep penciling Dawkins in at left guard to accommodate Nsekhe. Dawkins and Ford are the young bookends and this regime is not moving either of those guys inside unless they are terrible. And just remember that Dawkins, if he were moved, can play the right side. He did it at the Senior Bowl. So let's not overreact about all this side switching stuff.  

One of the more interesting  things to come out, at least to me, is Ike Boettger playing center on the second team. I mentioned that I thought they should get him to learn center somewhere on this site a while ago. I really like Boettger's potential. There is some nasty to his game and he does have some athletic ability. If he can show that he can capabley play center, he has a much better chance of making the roster. There is solid upside there.  

This X1000.  

I fully agree on Ike also.  If he can pick up Center - he has flexibility and then has a chance to replace Bodine and can make the team.  If he is strictly a guard - I think it becomes a numbers game and he is either PS or on another team.  

• Like (+1) 1