Tuesday OTA: Info from Media Attendance (edit)

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Im not normally one of those people who will correct grammer etc, esp since i abbreviate as much as i do. I dont know why, but that particular mis-speak always makes me cringe lol. I cldnt resist!! ;)

It’s a WNY staple. I don’t have a single family member who doesn’t talk that way as did every person I graduated high school with. 

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Despite my skepticism entering into the offseason about how he will fare against better competition in the WR room, I do sincerely hope he takes a step forward and proves he can be a long term good player for this team.  This was a good interview from him too.

I still do not think his 2nd year was good, and he has earned the critical comments with the drops and general lack of production in well over 70% of his career games.  But at the end of the day, he has a great opportunity to prove himself and I could care less about being right about a gut feeling I had in the offseason.  I want the best team on the field, and will be rooting for Zay to prove he is part of that best team all camp and preseason.  He has got a great work ethic and attitude and is the kind of guy you want to succeed.

That being said, it won't be easy.  Brown, Foster, Cole, and Duke will all be vying to significant minutes themselves, so it will be fun to watch and wish the kid all the best.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Robert Foster has it all....size....speed....he gets open

My concern with him last year was I felt like he didnt fight for 50/50 balls hard enough.....but by the midway point of the season (after Josh Allen got back from injury...after Foster was brought back up from the practice squad) I thought he had even overcame that.

I think John Brown and Robert Foster are going to terrorize defenses because Josh Allen can put that ball ANYWHERE and on a rope.....their vertical threat is very good....which is going to open up the running game underneath.

I feel that the bills are about to take off in a BIG way

It’s all set up John.  We didn’t sign big name playmakers but the playmakers we did sign excel at certain aspects.  Brown is a threat to go deep every play. As is Foster.  Both with big time speed.  They open up the underneath for Beasley,, the new TEs and a solid stable of RBs.  The OL looks to be so much more improved with the added talent and the firing of Castillo and addition of Johnson (who seems to be loved).  

Now we just need Josh to convert 3rd downs

and score TDs. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Guards the opposite way around from what I might have expected but otherwise that is what I'd have predicted.

I'm gonna assume that for right now they are going to try all the LG's that they signed this off-season at RG to figure out who can man it best...TY has played some OG as well so maybe we see him in there too

16 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I said that to my ex wife...once. Turned out to not be a wise decision. Hey, it was my Honeymoon too?

Can I ask why you were discussing EJ Gaines on your Honeymoon - of course that was not a wise decision- LOL ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TPS said:

Interesting tidbit from Joe B that they are trying Shaq on the right side as Jerry's back up. That's the side he played at Clemson, so maybe he's more comfortable there. 

Yes always wondered about that. The first switch in Bills’ OTA to LDE in 2016 was when his shoulder became a concern. Maybe he was used to babying that shoulder coming from the other side.

The  main problem in 2016-2017 was that he was regarded as a starter and Jerry was well entrenched at RDE. Now that they did not pick up his option, there is no doubt that he is a backup. This maybe the change he needs. 

I didnt realize that Yarbrough had the opposite problem. He looked great in 2017 as Shaq’s Backup and not so well as Jerry’s backup.

So the switch makes great sense.

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes always wondered about that. The first switch in Bills’ OTA to LDE in 2016 was when his shoulder became a concern. Maybe he was used to babying that shoulder coming from the other side.

The  main problem in 2016-2017 was that he was regarded as a starter and Jerry was well entrenched at RDE. Now that they did not pick up his option, there is no doubt that he is a backup. This maybe the change he needs. 

I didnt realize that Yarbrough had the opposite problem. He looked great in 2017 as Shaq’s Backup and not so well as Jerry’s backup.

So the switch makes great sense.

Jerry led the DL in snap count last year. A better shaq could allow them to go a bit easier on him in his 30s...?

• Like (+1) 1