Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

You should check the article @thebandit27 linked.  The eye popping part to me was that Pats averaged 3 ypc in the middle and 10 to the left outside and 6 to the right outside, iirc.  Also the article clearly showed Star being doubled, chipped, or trapped (Belicheck game planned for star in the middle of the field, rather than let just let Mason take him 1v1).  Star doesnt seem to be the reason we got ran over in that game.

Ok. So the link is interesting and does provide some insight. There were several occasions in which Star was doubled and several where he was not.

What I do notice is that the double teams don't last long. They pretty quickly have him contained and one of the blockers moves on to a secondary target. So while that does provide value in slowing the play down, I don't see it as a traditional double. He clogs space. I get that. It'd be great if he could clog space and get a few TFL's or maybe even a sack. His teammates speak glowingly of him, so there's that.

And I remember the game well. Cordarrelle Patterson was out there looking like Todd Gurley. Seems to me that BB took advantage of Edmunds youth as well as Milano's absence.

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah. 

That game was basically Edmunds looking completely lost. 

yep. among other games. But Bill B. was out to mess with Edmunds head that game  ! disguise  the play and also attack him.

I have spoken to friend who are Bills fans about the run game and Star.

slow start once brought in but he played stronger over time. IMO and is a key role player

Edmunds was a work in progress with a lot on his plate last year.

If the Linebackers stay disciplined in the run game this year ? The D line will start looking good too. I kept saying last year, move Edmunds back one more yard off the LOS. He moves so fast to the ball anyways, give him more time to diagnose his gap and improve stack and shed skills.
LBs in the run was where i fell Bills were weak last year.

and i expect to see improvement this season.

so about Kroft ?

Any updates? Do Bills think he will be up to speed by season.

new boo boo foot on the roster ? lol

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I know this is page 14 so I thought I would remind you all of the subject line: Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

Not a thing in that title about Buddy or Whaley

maybe you should mind your own business Mister Man !

Kroft who ? Tyler ? the TE ?

oh that guy ..

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Ok. So the link is interesting and does provide some insight. There were several occasions in which Star was doubled and several where he was not.

What I do notice is that the double teams don't last long. They pretty quickly have him contained and one of the blockers moves on to a secondary target. So while that does provide value in slowing the play down, I don't see it as a traditional double. He clogs space. I get that. It'd be great if he could clog space and get a few TFL's or maybe even a sack. His teammates speak glowingly of him, so there's that.

And I remember the game well. Cordarrelle Patterson was out there looking like Todd Gurley. Seems to me that BB took advantage of Edmunds youth as well as Milano's absence.

Yup they were definitely not all doubles. The others are chip blocks. It could explain why LBs had trouble flowing to the outside but star did seem to hold the middle down based on the ypc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yup they were definitely not all doubles. The others are chip blocks. It could explain why LBs had trouble flowing to the outside but star did seem to hold the middle down based on the ypc.

I didn't want to use the word chip because some of them seemed to be somewhere between a double and a chip. I have waaaaay too much time on my hands!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Yer parbly right

I respect your opinions and dialogue.

: )

Thanks for the chuckles as well  !

8 hours ago, KC22 said:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but is Kroft's injury a fifth metatarsal fracture? (Jones fracture)

It is a bad look when same foot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I respect your opinions and dialogue.

: )

Thanks for the chuckles as well  !

I do my best to realize that although I enjoy football and root for the Bills this isnt my life. At nearly 49, my kids grown, and most likely more life behind me then ahead..  it helps to laugh and make others do the same. Till we meet someday!

21 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I do my best to realize that although I enjoy football and root for the Bills this isnt my life. At nearly 49, my kids grown, and most likely more life behind me then ahead..  it helps to laugh and make others do the same. Till we meet someday!

well said !

Cheers !!!

and of course..

Go Bills

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

Kansas City Chiefs: Moving on from Mitch Morse not surprising

The second reason the Chiefs moved on is because of Morse being injury prone. The sole reason Reiter got to prove himself in the starting center role is because Morse was banged up all the time

https://kckingdom.com/2019/03/12/kansas-city-chiefs-moving-on-from-mitch-morse-not-surprising/

$26M  guaranteed  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mitch-morse-16773/

The article is two months old 

24 minutes ago, ALF said:

Kansas City Chiefs: Moving on from Mitch Morse not surprising

The second reason the Chiefs moved on is because of Morse being injury prone. The sole reason Reiter got to prove himself in the starting center role is because Morse was banged up all the time

https://kckingdom.com/2019/03/12/kansas-city-chiefs-moving-on-from-mitch-morse-not-surprising/

$26M  guaranteed  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mitch-morse-16773/

What is this in a Kroft thread?

On 5/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, KC22 said:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but is Kroft's injury a fifth metatarsal fracture? (Jones fracture)

I hope not.  If it is, it's definitely not good for his future:

"...The principal findings of this study demonstrated that players with a previous Jones fracture performed worse within the first 2 years in the NFL than controls, with a significant difference demonstrated for defensive linemen and running backs. On CT scans, the plantar (18/32; 56.3%) and lateral (15/32; 46.9%) cortices were frequently not healed. A lower CT score, as determined by the described method, was associated with fewer games started (2.7 vs 17.4 for score <1 vs 1-3, respectively)"

"...Refractures and nonunion after a Jones fracture remain major concerns for NFL players.9 Wright et al23reported on 3 football players who suffered fifth metatarsal refractures on the first day back to full activity, despite the appearance of complete healing radiographically and clinically. "

"...Based on CT, 50% of all players with a previous Jones fracture demonstrated incomplete healing. Moreover, position-specific performance scores over the first 2 years of a player’s career were lower across all positions for those with fractures compared with controls. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6113739/

EDIT:   After further reading, it seems that in cases where players refractured the fifth metatarsal after initial surgery, insertion of larger screws fixed the problem and they were able to return in 6-10 weeks.     I hope this is the case with Kroft...

Edited by Lurker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...