Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

In fairness, Kelce put up 722 yards on 45 catches as a senior with a whopping 16 YPC. He also had 8 touchdowns.

When a guy doesn't score a single TD in college, there's naturally going to be skepticism. He's got the athletic ability, but there's something unsettling about a guy that didn't produce. Just have to hope he was misused at Ole Miss.

I mean they had enormous WR talent at the college level and ran an offense around those receivers. The air raid type of system put 4 wrs and a rb out on the field much of the time. 

I think his his abilities are what matter and not his stats. He fits as a receiving target here where he can utilize his speed. Just hate how fans put a player down based on stats or the college they went to. There’s so many factors that come into play that are being overlooked that can drastically change a player’s production in college. Let’s watch him with Josh Allen throwing him the rock and see what he can do in this offense. 

3 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

He's right about Beane signing poor free agents. He's right about Kroft being injured. He right about Kroft being reinjured.

We were in cap hell last year, we didn’t have the luxury to get a lot of free agents.

This season hasn’t started yet and you can already tell us our free agents are poor?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

It was always going to hinge on Knox? The plan was to count on a guy who didn't catch a single td in college? Why did the Bills make Kroft the 12th highest paid te in the league if that was the plan?

Why did the Bills pay Kroft so much? What has he done to justify being the 12th highest paid? He played in 5 games last year and caught 4 ***** passes. Ridiculous.

They can get out of Kroft contract pretty quickly (year 2 iirc). If you think he was the long term solution and not Knox then you’re not seeing the process. Yes Beanes plan to address the TE position long term hinges on Knox. I think a draft choice in this deep class was always the long term solution. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

I mean they had enormous WR talent at the college level and ran an offense around those receivers. The air raid type of system put 4 wrs and a rb out on the field much of the time. 

I think his his abilities are what matter and not his stats. He fits as a receiving target here where he can utilize his speed. Just hate how fans put a player down based on stats or the college they went to. There’s so many factors that come into play that are being overlooked that can drastically change a player’s production in college. Let’s watch him with Josh Allen throwing him the rock and see what he can do in this offense. 

That is the thing. His drops and apparent lack of ability to produce in college is why there are so many ?'s around Knox.

The Bills watched a lot of tight ends in a deep class get taken before they decided to pull the trigger and trade back into the 3rd for Knox.

There is going to be some 2nd guessing around that.

It isn't hating on this kid if folks are wondering what Beane saw in Knox that trumped the production questions.

They brought the kid in for interviews/workouts prior to the draft and I do think he was the guy they were targeting so I guess we will see sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Foot/toe injuries of athletes can become chronic, unless you find the right doctor.  And the very best foot doctors are few and far between.  Ask Grant Hill.

Definitely ask Watkins...He played through some tough injuries on his foot.

7 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The Great Seer of Bills Future sez:

In jury Settlement.

I bet he doesn't play a down for us. I'm not sour about it, just bummed it happened AGAIN.

Sadly I think you are correct. Not sure if the Bills can go out there and find a vet in free agency or not (honestly have no clue who is out on the market.) Maybe Kyle Rudolph becomes an option.

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Sadly I think you are correct. Not sure if the Bills can go out there and find a vet in free agency or not (honestly have no clue who is out on the market.) Maybe Kyle Rudolph becomes an option.

I wanted them to get Jesse James, he avg over 14 yds/c last year and signed with Detroit for less than Kroft got. He has played in every game for the last 3 years.

Instead they get the injured guy who caught 4 passes in 5 games last year. Brilliant!

16 hours ago, uticaclub said:

No excuse for Trent Murphy and Star having two of the worse contracts in the NFL

Two of the worst contracts in the NFL?

You’re one of those people, huh?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Not like Kroft was anything special. I am willing to bet any of these new guys could easily be better. They already are by not being made of glass.

This really isn’t about Kroft. Like I said, it was already a weak position with him healthy. It’s now an even weaker position and simply assuming that we’ll be fine is off-season wishful thinking. We’ve got unproven draft picks and a blocker. Can they easily be better? 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

19 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So let me get this straight...his mother and Sammy Watkins’ mother are sisters?  ?

Julio Jones broke his foot too, so he’s obviously on his way to greatness.

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This really isn’t about Kroft. Like I said, it was already a weak position with him healthy. It’s now an even weaker position and simply assuming that we’ll be fine is off-season wishful thinking

As long as Allen throws it well we can get by, this season will come down to Allen. Can he lead this offense, they upgraded almost every position on offense. The run game will be better, the WRs are much better, the offensive line is totally remade. 

One TE that is injury prone won't be the outcome of how many games we win.

• Like (+1) 1

Little concerning how much people are freaking out over Kroft being injured. It happens. Nothing anyone can do about it. Next man up. That GM who gives such terrible contracts as some say thankfully has an abundance of tight end options on the team. On top of other options available via trade or free agency later on. No need to freak out over an injury in May. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

That is the thing. His drops and apparent lack of ability to produce in college is why there are so many ?'s around Knox.

The Bills watched a lot of tight ends in a deep class get taken before they decided to pull the trigger and trade back into the 3rd for Knox.

There is going to be some 2nd guessing around that.

It isn't hating on this kid if folks are wondering what Beane saw in Knox that trumped the production questions.

They brought the kid in for interviews/workouts prior to the draft and I do think he was the guy they were targeting so I guess we will see sooner rather than later.

But the person I quoted had suggested trading for Rudolph, my point was to wait and see what we have before we throw draft picks at a pricey player. That’s where it becomes bashing. Give the new faces a chance before you overlook them. 

His drops? He rarely dropped passes and I stated he was in a system with talented receivers that gave him very limited opportunity. 

Fans quick look at the stats and get disappointed or skeptical but it’s much more than that. Like I said, there are many more factors that play into stats but his abilities are what matter. Instead of looking for the next high priced option to trade for, why don’t we see what he can do first? 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

But the person I quoted had suggested trading for Rudolph, my point was to wait and see what we have before we throw draft picks at a pricey player. That’s where it becomes bashing. Give the new faces a chance before you overlook them. 

His drops? He rarely dropped passes and I stated he was in a system with talented receivers that gave him very limited opportunity. 

Fans quick look at the stats and get disappointed or skeptical but it’s much more than that. Like I said, there are many more factors that play into stats but his abilities are what matter. Instead of looking for the next high priced option to trade for, why don’t we see what he can do first? 

There is definitely no reason they need to make a move now. Let the kids get the reps. 

Someone like Rudolph could end up being cut later on anyways and you won’t even have to give up anything. For now though it’s probably better to let the young guys get all the reps they can handle and prepare them to play 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There is definitely no reason they need to make a move now. Let the kids get the reps. 

Someone like Rudolph could end up being cut later on anyways and you won’t even have to give up anything. For now though it’s probably better to let the young guys get all the reps they can handle and prepare them to play 

I would definitely wait until at least TC before making a move. Unless they really really want Rudolph, just wait and see if anyone gets cut or available for trade who would cost less and maybe isn’t a FA in 2020.