Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I always thought everyone realized the Bills had their sights set on starting to make significant moves in 2019 last off-season. 

I guess not.

No excuse for Trent Murphy and Star having two of the worse contracts in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Hello?  Do you actually follow the Bills?  What part of "build through the draft" don't you understand?  Beane doesn't us free agents to build the team.  He uses rookies.  

Whaley drafted poorly and signed occasional name free agents.  How'd that work out?  

Kroft was intended to be the answer at TE.  He was intended to be the guy who started until they got the young guy they wanted.  

It certainly doesn't help 2019 to lose him, but injuries happen.  

Injuries happen less for some players as opposed to others. 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just saw Gronk at Tempo.

Did you take the laptop with you? ;)

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

But is he wrong?

I don't know, but neither does her.  He injured the same foot, but that doesn't mean he injured the same broken bone. And even if he did, we have no idea if its an expected re-break or some freak accident.  We just don't know. But to start throwing stones like that is just ignorant. 

Bring on Kyle Rudolph...we have the space and we must get some production from TE. If we don't pull the trigger, it may just mean we are still courting another DE via FA or Trade to pair .with Jerry

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What wild conclusion were jumped to?  He rebroke the foot he broke that year.

Your medical opinion is his foot wasn't fully healed because he broke it again.  So it seems you believe that if you re-break a bone, that means it wasn't healed.

Julian Edelman, Sammy Watkins, Kevin Durant, Julio Jones all had multiple foot injuries on the same foot.....those doctors suck huh?

18 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

But is he wrong?

What is he right about?  That the foot wasn't healed?

• Like (+1) 1

Patriots in trade talks for Kyle Rudolph...if that happens one of their other TEs may be expendable.

B. Watson

A. Seferian-Jenkins

M. LaCosse

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats got Kyle Rudolph and Gerald McCoy! They print money in NE!

6 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Patriots in trade talks for Kyle Rudolph...if that happens one of their other TEs may be expendable.

B. Watson

A. Seferian-Jenkins

M. LaCosse

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats got Kyle Rudolph and Gerald McCoy! They print money in NE!

Because they pay Brady like $100 a game.....

50 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Jake Fisher won't help catching the ball.

I wonder if Beane takes a look at a couple of the older FAs.

Maybe Kendricks or Gresham have a year left in them for cheaper money?

Insurance may be needed.

I forgot about Kendricks. He played for Rob Boras with the Rams there is some familiarity there, plus he was very productive at the time. . 

• Like (+1) 1

As per Ian Rappaport, recovery could take 3-4 months.  If true, Kroft will miss at the very least half of training camp, and may not be ready unil a few games into the regular season.  The rookies are suddenly much more important.  Tommy Sweeney is the less athletic of the two draftees,  but he is pretty polished and well rounded for a rookie.This may have more of an impact on him than anyone else.   If Kroft were healthy, he might be a good candidate for the PS, but if Kroft is not ready to go, the Bills may want his polish on the field rather than Dawson Knox, the more athletic but less experienced rookie.  I know Lee Smith is in the mix, and he may be used a little more as a receiver, but they aren't going to rely on him as a starter in single TE formations.