Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

57 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Whaley's drafts were questionable at best but he made impactful free agent signings. Under Beane our drafting has been much better, but 2018 Free Agency class was a complete disaster and this year's class hasn't started off on the right foot.  

Hello?  Do you actually follow the Bills?  What part of "build through the draft" don't you understand?  Beane doesn't us free agents to build the team.  He uses rookies.  

Whaley drafted poorly and signed occasional name free agents.  How'd that work out?  

Kroft was intended to be the answer at TE.  He was intended to be the guy who started until they got the young guy they wanted.  

It certainly doesn't help 2019 to lose him, but injuries happen.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Logic said:

What the Bills SHOULD do: Trade for Kyle Rudolph.

What the Bills WILL do: Re-sign Jake Fisher

Ugh.

That wouldn’t be smart.  In fact, it’s be a panicky thing to do.  Rudolph will be cut by the Vikes and we can easily outbid the Pats.  No sense trading draft picks for a guy on a fairly expensive one year deal.  If we are going to pay him some cash, then let’s keep him around awhile. That’d be a very good move. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The Bills sit here and talk about all these medical advances they put in.  They then proceed to sign a player who's foot clearly was not healed and ends up breaking it again.

The medical team is the problem, not the equipment.

Beane already had zero offensive signings to hang his hat onto before this year, and now its looking like he continues to not due complete due diligence.

Then I guess New England has a medical team problem too. 

Edelman originally broke the foot in November and missed the final seven games of the regular season after undergoing surgery. He returned for the playoffs, but was clearly not fully healthy in the AFC Championship Game. It was previously reported Edelman wouldn't need a second surgery, but things apparently took another direction.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000661968/article/julian-edelman-underwent-second-surgery-on-foot

Touch situation here. I do suppose it is nice to see Knox, Croom, Sweeney get some extra reps. 

Not much in free agency outside of AJ Derby, Ryan Griffin (who was arrested for punching a wall.) Ofcourse Jake Fisher is still out there, and we all know he is familiar with the playbook. 

Interesting UDFA out there is Stetson tight end Donald Parham, who was a an UDFA of the Lions and waived after rookie minicamp. I don't know if he was hurt or just terrible. But I thought he seemed interesting pre draft. 

People always jump to finger pointing so quick, the foot wasn’t ready, we didn’t vet him enough, equipment is trash, our staff is trash, trainers are trash and Beane is trash...it’s football freak injuries occur, and it can happen to same freaking foot. ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Beane: Rick, Tyler Kroft just broke his foot in practice and we need to add another tight end.  Now, I understand that you've indicated that Kyle Rudolph might be available for a trade.  What compensation are you looking for?

Rick Spielman: Give me your 2nd round pick in 2020 and you've got a deal.

Beane:  That seems a bit high.

Spielman: Take it or leave it.  Not sure if you've checked the news, but the Patriots have reached out to us about Kyle.

Beane: You've got a deal!  A 2020 2nd it is.

Spielman:  Care to throw in a mid-round pick as well?  Maybe a 5th?

Beane: Agree to that as well.  We can't let him go to New England.  Thanks, Rick.

All that typing for this?  EJ Manuel was less of a bust

26 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

The Bills sit here and talk about all these medical advances they put in.  They then proceed to sign a player who's foot clearly was not healed and ends up breaking it again.

The medical team is the problem, not the equipment.

Beane already had zero offensive signings to hang his hat onto before this year, and now its looking like he continues to not due complete due diligence.

So you know for a fact it wasnt healed?

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Hello?  Do you actually follow the Bills?  What part of "build through the draft" don't you understand?  Beane doesn't us free agents to build the team.  He uses rookies.  

Whaley drafted poorly and signed occasional name free agents.  How'd that work out?  

Kroft was intended to be the answer at TE.  He was intended to be the guy who started until they got the young guy they wanted.  

It certainly doesn't help 2019 to lose him, but injuries happen.  

Whaleys teams were competitive every single game, while we have been blown out far too much the last two years. While I support Beane and eager to see how the process turns out, I have my doubts because I’m a Bills fan and have been hurt in the past. A TE is a young QBs best friend and now our best option at that position is 3rd round rookie. 

1 hour ago, hemma said:

Knox will hold out for $1,000,000,000.

Image result for mike myers billion meme

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Starting TE for the Bills: Lee Smith 

Five pages in before someone mentioned some TE we signed for 3 years.