Breaking: Kroft breaks foot

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I like what Beane is doing but I found the signing of the injury prone Kroft puzzling. 

Especially to such a big signing...should have been closer to a “prove it” type deal imo

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Beane sucks at signing free agents

You’re right...let’s bring back Whaley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Disappointing. Beane really ought to give the Vikes a call at this point.

Beane: Rick, Tyler Kroft just broke his foot in practice and we need to add another tight end.  Now, I understand that you've indicated that Kyle Rudolph might be available for a trade.  What compensation are you looking for?

Rick Spielman: Give me your 2nd round pick in 2020 and you've got a deal.

Beane:  That seems a bit high.

Spielman: Take it or leave it.  Not sure if you've checked the news, but the Patriots have reached out to us about Kyle.

Beane: You've got a deal!  A 2020 2nd it is.

Spielman:  Care to throw in a mid-round pick as well?  Maybe a 5th?

Beane: Agree to that as well.  We can't let him go to New England.  Thanks, Rick.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh well. I honestly don't care that much. We have a lot of TEs and Kroft isn't special. If he's the only major injury of OTAs I'm fine with that 

My thinking is similar.

How much better is Kroft than the next guy up?

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Beane: Rick, Tyler Kroft just broke his foot in practice and we need to add another tight end.  Now, I understand that you've indicated that Kyle Rudolph might be available for a trade.  What compensation are you looking for?

Rick Spielman: Give me your 2nd round pick in 2020 and you've got a deal.

Beane:  That seems a bit high.

Spielman: Take it or leave it.  Not sure if you've checked the news, but the Patriots have reached out to us about Kyle.

Beane: You've got a deal!  A 2020 2nd it is.

Spielman:  Care to throw in a mid-round pick as well?  Maybe a 5th?

Beane: Agree to that as well.  We can't let him go to New England.  Thanks, Rick.

What in Beane's dealings would make you feel that it would go this way....we actually got something out of the Bengals before they moved Cordy Glenn to guard....

The bills drafted TWO tight ends...one of them high.   Its ok if Kroft misses some time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Especially to such a big signing...should have been closer to a “prove it” type deal imo

You’re right...let’s bring back Whaley.

Whaley's drafts were questionable at best but he made impactful free agent signings. Under Beane our drafting has been much better, but 2018 Free Agency class was a complete disaster and this year's class hasn't started off on the right foot.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Whaley's drafts were questionable at best but he made impactful free agent signings. Under Beane our drafting has been much better, but 2018 Free Agency class was a complete disaster and this year's class hasn't started off on the right foot.  

I hope the irony was intended.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Beane sucks at signing free agents

Word....

" Wide receiver Cole Beasley, signed from the Dallas Cowboys, and center Mitch Morse, signed from the Kansas City Chiefs, had "core muscle" surgeries a few weeks ago, McDermott said.  Running back Frank Gore will not participate because of a foot/ankle injury."

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I always thought everyone realized the Bills had their sights set on starting to make significant moves in 2019 last off-season. 

I guess not.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What in Beane's dealings would make you feel that it would go this way....we actually got something out of the Bengals before they moved Cordy Glenn to guard....

The bills drafted TWO tight ends...one of them high.   Its ok if Kroft misses some time.

Nothing.  It's just what the voices in his head told him to say.

And if he broke the same foot without contact, they might need to move on now.  Cut him with an injury settlement.

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe because that is all you do around here?

Well, John From Riverside, I post maybe once every other week so you must be a huge fan, I'm flattered. 

Here's the deal, I may come off more pessimistic than optimistic here because I don't feel the need to post positive things when each thread is an avalanche of supreme optimism. I generally will drop a thumbs up on those type of posts but if I see something I disagree with or where I want to express my opinion, I will willingly play devil's advocate.

I mean, for the love of god, I have us getting 9-10 wins this year. HOWEVER, if they fall below that, you better believe I'll be on here raising hell. It goes both ways for me. 

• Like (+1) 3