njsue has passed away

SDS

23 minutes ago, Moose said:

His first name is Greg, but I think the D'Ville thing had to do with a Cadillac - or something else.

Actually I do, but nothing comes up in searches.

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

RIP Sue.  59 is way too young.  And yes she was a character but this place is full of them.  Next time my wife asks "how are you little friends?" I'll tell her we're one little friend short today.  ?

This! 

One of my favorite Emily Dickenson poems:

Because I could not stop for Death

Because I could not stop for Death – 
He kindly stopped for me – 
The Carriage held but just Ourselves – 
And Immortality.

We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility – 

We passed the School, where Children strove
At Recess – in the Ring – 
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain – 
We passed the Setting Sun – 

Or rather – He passed us – 
The Dews drew quivering and chill – 
For only Gossamer, my Gown – 
My Tippet – only Tulle – 

We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground – 
The Roof was scarcely visible – 
The Cornice – in the Ground – 

Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
Were toward Eternity – 

Just now, KD in CA said:

And a heck of a lot of familiar names in that thread too.

It was well before my time here, and I lurked for quite a while before joining. It really goes to show it’s just another form of extended family.  You don’t have to share blood to be family. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/21/2019 at 6:55 PM, Taro T said:

Just missed her.  Joined up about the time Retatta was the rage.

Retatta will always be the rage dammit. It’s how I've funded my retirement. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

Rest In Peace Sue. 

I met her at the first couple of tailgates. I drove up from Philly and my mom (once a poster too) joined the tailgate as well. Maybe even my brother. 

I think of Sue a lot lately, and though there was an element of play in that homework thread, it grew mean and shortly thereafter she left in anger. I would like to go back to that time with her and so many people and be kinder. She and Lori and others have left me with that lesson and for that she (and they) have my thanks. I can never know what she and others were going through on any day. I regret the moments when I forget that but I aspire to be better. 

Truly rest, friend. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Rest In Peace Sue. 

I met her at the first couple of tailgates. I drove up from Philly and my mom (once a poster too) joined the tailgate as well. Maybe even my brother. 

I think of Sue a lot lately, and though there was an element of play in that homework thread, it grew mean and shortly thereafter she left in anger. I would like to go back to that time with her and so many people and be kinder. She and Lori and others have left me with that lesson and for that she (and they) have my thanks. I can never know what she and others were going through on any day. I regret the moments when I forget that but I aspire to be better. 

Truly rest, friend. 

You have surpassed your goal bro.

I remember when my daughter was going to law school in Philly. You told me that if she ever had any problems to contact you. I will never forget that offer. I don't know how many times in my life anyone was ever that generous and kind to me.

Be well, and if I can ever be of help to you I am here.

Like I said in an earlier post, close friendships were built on this board.

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Rest In Peace Sue. 

Truly rest, friend. 

We can all claim to have had our fair share of moments, good and bad, on the board.  Sometimes the place and the people mixed with whatever is going on in life at that time, just overcome the fingers that are typing away.  I did not know NJSue as I joined apparently long after she left the forum.  She must have been a character.  R.I.P.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You have surpassed your goal bro.

I remember when my daughter was going to law school in Philly. You told me that if she ever had any problems to contact you. I will never forget that offer. I don't know how many times in my life anyone was ever that generous and kind to me.

Be well, and if I can ever be of help to you I am here.

Like I said in an earlier post, close friendships were built on this board.

We are the poster boys for nemesis (idiots posting on the Internet) to friend transformation. Cheers to us and I'm happy that she did great. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, DC Tom said:

Love Corn!  How ya doin'?

Not too bad, Whiskey Dick. How the hell are you?  It's good to see you are still kicking some tail around here and putting the morons in their place. 

[Opens the door very widely for expected DC Tom abuse.]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic