njsue has passed away

SDS

22 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

My best memory of Sue goes back to the weekend Jim Kelly went to the HOF.  We had a bus trip that started at Jack's office in Syracuse, with pickup points in Rochester & Orchard Park.  Most of the people were at the 2 other stops.  Sue came from NJ with a friend & I came from Albany alone after Petrino had to bail.  We got there early enough that we were all able to go to the Dinosaur.  Then we went back to Jack's office & got on the bus & headed to Canton.  

Hi! Harvey. That sure was an awesome trip. Give my love to John.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I've been on here since the old D&C "BillBoard" (was that the name?) days and I can safely say that the homework thread was the greatest of all time.

She was being attacked by all sides but gave no quarter...you messed with her at your own peril.  RIP.

HyperBills was the D&C page (oooohhh...so modern and technical sounding with this new HTML technology!) whose failure directly resulted in the birth of The Wall here. I remember Sue as a poster and the homework thread - she certainly wasn't afraid to take on all comers - so tragic to hear of her passing at such an early age - it's certainly been a week for us to reflect on the fragility of life....

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

HyperBills was the D&C page (oooohhh...so modern and technical sounding with this new HTML technology!) whose failure directly resulted in the birth of The Wall here. I remember Sue as a poster and the homework thread - she certainly wasn't afraid to take on all comers - so tragic to hear of her passing at such an early age - it's certainly been a week for us to reflect on the fragility of life....

And for anyone reading this thread ^^^^^ this guy is the one who approached me about setting up a message board after the HyperBills went down. So blame him for this. ?

in retrospect, HyperBills is a great name for game discussions. Lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I liked Sue. She was extremely proud of her Bills. 

Her tag said something like, "I live here in the sick land of Gang Green."

She was unabashedly pro Bills.

I was sad when she took a lot of grief for a post she made while going to college.

The fall out was that we lost a true blue Bills fan.

RIP Sue. 59 is way too young. :cry:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

RIP   

This site has given us the greatest opportunity to develop many close friendships over the years from all over the country and world.  

We have lost some great members over the years. Also we have some members with illnesses that have been a battle for them.   59 is way to young. 

We all have are differences but, we are all Buffalo Bills fans. We all should enjoy every day.  

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I didn't know her, and I didn't know Pancho either. The only thing I know about them is that they were passionate Bills fans. The thing that always gets me about things like this is the fact that they'll never get to see the Bills play again. That's the one thing we all have in common, the one thing we're all passionate about, and the only reason we've heard of these people. 

They both have family and friends who will have a big hole in their lives now, which is awful, but because I don't know any of those details the thing I really feel bad about is that they won't have that excitement in week 1, waiting for the game to start. They won't get to share the celebration when we get to the playoffs again. When we finally win a Super Bowl. 

It's thoughts like that that really make you hope there is an afterlife so these people can get together and continue watching the team they love.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SDS said:

[Starting a new topic here]

Most of you don't know njsue, but she was a regular here back between 2001 and 2005, as well as attending many tailgates. She recently passed away at the age of 59.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/susan-crowley-obituary?pid=192902413

njsue was a quirky person, but she truly loved her Buffalo Bills like no other. She was sweet and kind and fanatical about her Bills. Her quirkiness was a bit of a lightning rod in various communities, ours included, and she is probably best known for her infamous thread asking a homework question here on the Wall. While many pushed back on her request for assistance, I think njsue just loved the community and her Bills brothers and sisters. She saw the great people here as a resource and so her questions to us came as natural as asking any family member for assistance.

It's been almost 14 years since she last visited, but many old-timers kept in touch with her via Facebook and she is certainly one of the more memorable posters we have ever had. 59 years is a life too short, but I can tell you for sure - she is pissing off a lot of Dolphin fans up there right now. ?

God bless and rest in peace njsue...

didn't know her, unfortunately is my guess. it appears that she was a bit larger than life.

rip njsue. go bills!

2 hours ago, The Avenger said:

That's it, HyperBills!  Old, feeble mind playing tricks on me again...ugh.