njsue has passed away

SDS

I've been on here since the old D&C "BillBoard" (was that the name?) days and I can safely say that the homework thread was the greatest of all time.

She was being attacked by all sides but gave no quarter...you messed with her at your own peril.  RIP.

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like (+1) 6

It's startling to think how fast the years go by - I started lurking here after a 10-0 loss to the Packers in '02. This place is a steady presence, and only during times where I look back do I realize how much the board has meant to me. 

RIP Sue. Too young indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SDS said:

[Starting a new topic here]

Most of you don't know njsue, but she was a regular here back between 2001 and 2005, as well as attending many tailgates. She recently passed away at the age of 59.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/susan-crowley-obituary?pid=192902413

njsue was a quirky person, but she truly loved her Buffalo Bills like no other. She was sweet and kind and fanatical about her Bills. Her quirkiness was a bit of a lightning rod in various communities, ours included, and she is probably best known for her infamous thread asking a homework question here on the Wall. While many pushed back on her request for assistance, I think njsue just loved the community and her Bills brothers and sisters. She saw the great people here as a resource and so her questions to us came as natural as asking any family member for assistance.

It's been almost 14 years since she last visited, but many old-timers kept in touch with her via Facebook and she is certainly one of the more memorable posters we have ever had. 59 years is a life too short, but I can tell you for sure - she is pissing off a lot of Dolphin fans up there right now. ?

God bless and rest in peace njsue...

There are Dolphin fans up there?  Oh no!  Rest in peace, Sue.

Edited by TigerJ

It just sucks to lose one of the old crew. We were a much smaller group so things were more intimate. Posters really did share good times and bad together. The thing is, it is such a good site that it kept growing and growing. :) One lesson the years have taught me is that sometimes we don't realize what good times we are having.

May God rest her soul and comfort her friends and loved ones during these times of sorrow.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My best memory of Sue goes back to the weekend Jim Kelly went to the HOF.  We had a bus trip that started at Jack's office in Syracuse, with pickup points in Rochester & Orchard Park.  Most of the people were at the 2 other stops.  Sue came from NJ with a friend & I came from Albany alone after Petrino had to bail.  We got there early enough that we were all able to go to the Dinosaur.  Then we went back to Jack's office & got on the bus & headed to Canton.  

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

There are Dolphin fans up there?  Oh no!  Rest in peace, Sue.

I think SDS has insider knowledge of who gets in and who is out.  I am hoping there are no Patriots fans allowed.  They have been given enough here on earth.

Give those other AFC East fans and Cowboy fans some hell, Sue!