Bills finally give out #32 again, after 42 years

What a complete idiot. No way he’s making this team... last thing we need is Josh allen to be handing off the football to a #32 running back....

What a moron, what was this guy thinking requesting this number? Is he just a mega troll? 

Not sure how I feel about this, but he was found not guilty by a jury of his peers..

I doubt we'll ever see anyone that ran like OJ again, period, but to give the number to Perry seems a bit off-putting to me.  Can't describe it, but it doesn't feel right.

Tim-

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure who made the final call on this, but it is a bad decision.   Doing this just opens up old wounds.  The less his name is mentioned the better off we all are.  

Issuing #32 after all these years is not going to make his name stay in the background. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

All in all, I’m good with it. No one associated with the current FO has any stake in a murderer who played here 40 years ago. I don’t believe we’d ever retire the number, based on June 13, ‘96. I think it may be Pegula’s/McBeane saying “that part is over too!”

I saw OJ play many games, wowing Rich Stadium. But by ‘78, I was ready to move on. It helped that we Drafted Joe Cribbs with the pick we got from San Fran.

When did OJ get convicted of murder?

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s an odd decision. I don’t really have strong feelings one way or another on whether his # should be issued. But I would be interested to hear the reasoning behind why they decided to do it now after all these years, and why they are giving it to a fringe guy. 

There are approximately 99 numbers available to begin with.  Subtract out the few retired numbers and there are less than approximately 99.  If they have a bunch of running backs in camp well......

This isn't a big deal IMO.

19 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I never understood somebody going to jail for reacquiring something that was stolen from him. Smh

26 minutes ago, the skycap said:

When did OJ get convicted of murder?

You're kidding, right?

Did you miss the point where he was found ‘responsible’ for armed kidnapping?

Did you miss the part where he was found ‘responsible’ for double homicide?

Yes, you’re kidding.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I never understood somebody going to jail for reacquiring something that was stolen from him. Smh

Lol “reacquiring”.  Right. 

Anyway,  a guy nearly decapitates 2 people and gets away with it....and your scratching your head over his holding a guy at gunpoint sentence?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, shrader said:

Short of a big free agent who has worn the number his entire career, I would not want to be the guy who wears that number here.

Yeah but this is what you need if you ever want to put that number back into the mix.  Slap it on somebody nobody gives a damn about, let people see it on the field for a little while and get over the oddness of it, cut the guy then 32 is a more real option for the next guy.

I'm 41 years old, I've never seen anyone wear #32.  It will be odd the first time, then it will be fine.