Bills finally give out #32 again, after 42 years

On 5/21/2019 at 9:35 AM, Plano said:

This is a slap in the face to OJ.

Is he a terrible person? Yes

But he's a HOF running back and his # should be retired, not given to some scrub who will be cut before the regular season.

When the Yankees handed out #21 a few years ago the right field fans were vicious on the wearer and he switched to another number

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

When the Yankees handed out #21 a few years ago the right field fans were vicious on the wearer and he switched to another number

I’m a huge Paul O’Neill fan. He is my favorite baseball player of all time.

Paul O’Neill’s baseball career pales in comparison to OJ’s football career.

This was a dumb move by the Bills. Does it really mean anything? No. But is sure does mean a lot if you follow what I’m saying.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

“I saw that on Instagram, I saw it on social media (that they gave away Simpson’s jersey number),” Reed told The Schmo in an interview last week in San Diego. “I just don’t think, regardless of what O.J. did (off the field), you just can’t take away what he did on the field - what he meant to the NFL. I think the Bills should keep that number retired.”

Simpson’s number has never been officially off limits in Buffalo because it was never actually retired. Players respected his legacy, however, and no one ever put it on their jersey.

Reed understands what Simpson’s accomplishments mean in Buffalo and what he meant to the organization. Back when he was a Bill, no player even considered wearing No. 32.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/andre-reed-on-oj-simpsons-no-32-the-bills-should-keep-that-number-retired.html

On 5/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m a huge Paul O’Neill fan. He is my favorite baseball player of all time.

Paul O’Neill’s baseball career pales in comparison to OJ’s football career.

This was a dumb move by the Bills. Does it really mean anything? No. But is sure does mean a lot if you follow what I’m saying.

April 2008, 21 was handed out to LaTroy Hawkins for a few weeks before he turned it in.

Much admiration for Paul as a player and as a man and announcer, much more admiration for Juice as a player and much less as a man and announcer...

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

“I saw that on Instagram, I saw it on social media (that they gave away Simpson’s jersey number),” Reed told The Schmo in an interview last week in San Diego. “I just don’t think, regardless of what O.J. did (off the field), you just can’t take away what he did on the field - what he meant to the NFL. I think the Bills should keep that number retired.”

Simpson’s number has never been officially off limits in Buffalo because it was never actually retired. Players respected his legacy, however, and no one ever put it on their jersey.

Reed understands what Simpson’s accomplishments mean in Buffalo and what he meant to the organization. Back when he was a Bill, no player even considered wearing No. 32.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/andre-reed-on-oj-simpsons-no-32-the-bills-should-keep-that-number-retired.html

A HOFer has spoken!! Case closed!!

Ron Ellis got Ace Bailey's permission to wear the retired #6 for the Leafs

nobody would dare ask to wear Barilko's 5.

0oops i see they also retired like 15 numbers in 2016... whatever.....