Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

Tibs, your thread title is wrong... 

As is this whole process. 

I would think people would be less eager to trust proven liars and manipulators than we're seeing, but dummies gonna dumb.

"The only bi-partisan vote on that floor, was against (impeachment)."

McCarthy just now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I would think people would be less eager to trust proven liars and manipulators than we're seeing, but dummies gonna dumb.

McCarthy just now.

Meh, it was a procedure vote.  These guys should shut it at this time.

This wasn't a vote to open an inquiry, that option doesn't exist.  The inquiry is happening.  This wasn't a vote to issue articles of impeachment.  They should save these statement for later.  It also doesn't look so great that Congress, the two major political parties, and the country are so divided down strict party lines and today's proceedings just highlighted that.  And calling it "bipartisan" when TWO Democrats opposed is nonsense.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Meh, it was a procedure vote.  These guys should shut it at this time.

This wasn't a vote to open an inquiry, that option doesn't exist.  The inquiry is happening.  This wasn't a vote to issue articles of impeachment.  They should save these statement for later.  It also doesn't look so great that Congress, the two major political parties, and the country are so divided down strict party lines and today's proceedings just highlighted that.  And calling it "bipartisan" when TWO Democrats opposed is nonsense.

For three weeks the leaders on the left have been calling it bi partisan when they didn't get a single R vote. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Fact: Pelosi's inquiry is the first "presidential impeachment inquiry" to be authorized by anybody.

That, alone, demonstrates how farcical this is.  They're putting on show votes to authorize something that doesn't need to be authorized.

• Like (+1) 2

All you need to know about this farce is that Adam Schiff has the right to prevent witnesses from testifying if they are subpoenaed by a Republican. One would think that the Republicans must be so far removed from reality that they might call John Dean to the stand. -)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

All you need to know about this farce is that Adam Schiff has the right to prevent witnesses from testifying if they are subpoenaed by a Republican. One would think that the Republicans Democrats must be so far removed from reality that they might call John Dean to the stand. -)

FIFY

Does Tibs need to change the title of this thread to either:

partisan support of impeachment

or

non-partisan opposition to impeachment

i mean, the only bi-partisan support in today’s vote was the 2 democrats who crossed party lines and voted against the formal inquiry?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

McCarthy just now.

Hah. Beat me to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And this is fundamentally dishonest, since it's the Senate that renders the verdict.  

White House is trying to cloud the issue.

I generally follow your logic but on this one I see no dishonesty. 

The Dems =all dems, including the aforementioned Enrica Pelosi and Schumer. Move through the house, to the Senate, dems want to render a verdict. 

It reads like a statement from a press secretary for a political party. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How in the world did his inquiry ‘hurt our election integrity’?

Well, you see, conducting an inquiry into a Democrat who is running for office is interfering in an election. So sayeth those Democrats who are conducing an "inquiry" into the President running for office in order to interfere with the same election.

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I generally follow your logic but on this one I see no dishonesty. 

The Dems =all dems, including the aforementioned Enrica Pelosi and Schumer. Move through the house, to the Senate, dems want to render a verdict. 

It reads like a statement from a press secretary for a political party. 

The dems in the House can have a verdict and that verdict would be to pass the case on to the Senate for trial. The House verdict is called impeachment. The press secretary's letter was fine.

19 minutes ago, dubs said:

Does Tibs need to change the title of this thread to either:

partisan support of impeachment

or

non-partisan opposition to impeachment

i mean, the only bi-partisan support in today’s vote was the 2 democrats who crossed party lines and voted against the formal inquiry?

How about "Nonunanimous Dem support for impeachment"?

And screw it, have a mod change it for Tibs.