Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

Taylor said Morrison recounted a conversation that Gordon Sondland, America’s ambassador to the European Union, had with a top aide to Zelenskiy named Andriy Yermak. Taylor said Morrison told him security assistance would not materialize until Zelenskiy committed to investigate Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company that once employed Biden’s son. A White House meeting for Zelenskiy also was in play.

“I was alarmed by what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation,” Taylor testified. “This was the first time I had heard that the security assistance — not just the White House meeting — was conditioned on the investigations.”

Taylor testified that Morrison told him he had a “sinking feeling” after learning about a Sept. 7 conversation Sondland had with Trump.

“According to Mr. Morrison, President Trump told Ambassador Sondland that he was not asking for a quid pro quo,” Taylor testified. “But President Trump did insist that President Zelenskiy go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 election interference, and that President Zelenskiy should want to do this himself. Mr. Morrison said that he told Ambassador Bolton and the NSC lawyers of this phone call between President Trump and Ambassador Sondland.”

https://fox59.com/2019/10/30/top-trump-adviser-steps-down-ahead-of-impeachment-testimony/

• Like (+1) 1

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-napolitano-impeachment-process-needs-174755468.html

Now I know you guys won't reject this info just because of the source, as I just heard that refrain in splendid chorus in another thread.  So, listen and try to let it sink in this time. 

Also, it has been proven that cult members don't realize they were in a cult until after they have escaped and were shown the light.  I am praying for you guys.  God Bless

9 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-napolitano-impeachment-process-needs-174755468.html

Now I know you guys won't reject this info just because of the source, as I just heard that refrain in splendid chorus in another thread.  So, listen and try to let it sink in this time. 

Also, it has been proven that cult members don't realize they were in a cult until after they have escaped and were shown the light.  I am praying for you guys.  God Bless

Stupid.  The ends do not justify the means.  Process matters.  It's the difference between the rule of law and the rule of man.  

I don't care what the source is.  If they say process isn't important, they're dead ***** wrong.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Stupid.  The ends do not justify the means.  Process matters.  It's the difference between the rule of law and the rule of man.  

I don't care what the source is.  If they say process isn't important, they're dead ***** wrong.

good thing he didn't actually say that.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink: I worry about you sometimes.  

I have more important things to worry about. Like how are the Bills going to do this weekend. And in case you don’t know I couldn’t give two flips on how the Bills will do this weekend. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You're right.  He said "Don't judge the impeachment process on process."  That's even dumber.  :lol:

Didn't say that either that's the title they stuck on the video you have to actually watch the video to hear what he says.

He more says the better tactic from his legal perspective would be to go after if what he did was an impeachable offense than attack the process which he says is following the rules created by the house when Republicans controlled the House. He basically goes over how the process works some and then gives a basic explanation that in investigations you don't typically broadcast all the info you're gathering while you're gathering it and that it becomes available when your actually having the trial.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why should we trust a single word they ever say unless it's backed up by unimpeachable evidence -- which to date, nothing in this Ukraine story has been backed up other than there was no quid pro quo.

I'm going to call bullschiff on this. If you look closely at the transcript, completely disregard the 500+ words between "do me a favor" and "Biden", whilst simultaneously ignoring the minor detail that the Ukrainians did not feel pressured to do anything, then the transcript totally shows quid pro quo. Trump is guilty!

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again, if they're so confident that what happened was a crime -- why are they doing everything in secret? 

Oh, right. Because they're not confident. They're trying to run the exact same play they ran with Russia/Trump and hoping the country doesn't notice. 

That won't work. It's going to cost them the House. The only ones swayed by any of this are those who already made up their minds due to rampant TDS. 

Eh, in fairness, this isn't the exact same play. They did learn from the Russia hoax that if they hold public hearings on nonsense that they already know is nonsense, they end up looking like buffoons.

Holding secret "depositions" and selectively leaking what they want people to think was the testimony consisted of is a far different strategy.

Don't get me wrong, it's still going to blow up spectacularly in their faces, but it is a different strategy. I'm impressed they even managed to work in identity politics with their current star witness. He's totally unimpeachable because he's a goddamn war hero. He's completely different from all the other impeachable war heroes they've smeared the past 3 years, because he's not a Republican!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So we shouldn’t trust Vindman, even though he is backed by other witnesses?

Don't forget that he is also backed by news articles citing selectively-leaked information in order to bolster his later testimony, because there was already news articles about the same information that was selectively-leaked beforehand!

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Where's the conviction?

Not that I want to do anything other than mock gator, but he may, inadvertently, not be wrong. In many jurisdictions, New York included, you are convicted the moment you plead guilty. When you are subsequently sentenced (and the judgment of conviction entered) is not relevant.

However, I will note one caveat: I don't really care enough to do the research to see if that is how federal law defines the actual conviction.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

How dare Schiff question Flynn's credibility as a witness, I mean it's not like the whole shitstorm he got into spawned from some sort of accusation of lying to the FBI...that he'd eventually plead guilty to?

Not even the FBI thinks Flynn lied. He's not been convicted of a single crime to date. 

But that did not stop 3 years of endless smears and attacks by the very same people feigning outrage for talking about a Lt. Col (which is a paper pusher in comparison to Flynn's service). That's the point, War. Schiff is a lying assaht who's trying to save his own ass.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

And another month flies by and they have nothing to show for it

In reality, despite being completely dishonest and nonsensical, the Schiffs of the world are willing to act.  Even if they are just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks, they are at least moving their arms.  

Huber, Horowitz, Durham, et al are still contemplating their navels while thinking about deciding if it might be a good idea to consider removing their thumbs from their butts in about a year or two.

They are different sides of the same coin.  One is thrashing about in an effort to grab more power, the other is faking as if they're doing something to protect truth and freedom.  One takes power from the citizenry while the other's inaction implies legitimacy to the power grab.  

Edited by 4merper4mer

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not even the FBI thinks Flynn lied. He's not been convicted of a single crime to date. 

But that did not stop 3 years of endless smears and attacks by the very same people feigning outrage for talking about a Lt. Col (which is a paper pusher in comparison to Flynn's service). That's the point, War. Schiff is a lying assaht who's trying to save his own ass.

Schiff is not trying to save his own ass.  He is trying to control your ass and everyone else's ass.  And although individual maneuvers fail at times, his overall plan is working.  

Meanwhile obvious victims like Flynn receive no relief because lazy doormats like Horowitz and company cannot do anything until.....well.....the 12th.