Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Presidential Election 2024:  D. Trump/I. Trump  Vs    B. Obama/M. Obama,  after Trump pushes through third term legality.

Nonsense.  Chelsea Clinton will have completed her first term in congress and Hillary will put the word out that the nomination is Chelsea's.  Any challenger will be vanquished.  In fairness the Obama's will be warned in advance to sit the foreseeable future out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TH3 said:

i don't necessarily disagree that the Dems current candidates are awful....

Pence was not about to get re-elected by his own very religiously oriented state - which is his jam.....this is the best the GOP has?  

Pence is in place for a reason. It has little to do with his electability. 

He won't be the next POTUS or nominee when Trump is done. He'll be lucky if he gets back into Congress. 

• Like (+1) 1

Notice how Adam Sch$&t is trying to bend the narrative by calling ‘personal’ political benefit. That is not what these corruption laws were introduced to protect against. The law is in place to protect against actual personal benefit (not ‘personal political’ benefit). The law is in place for things like what Biden was doing! But we can’t talk about that. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pence is in place for a reason. It has little to do with his electability. 

He won't be the next POTUS or nominee when Trump is done. He'll be lucky if he gets back into Congress. 

Pompeo/Haley would work for me, but don't totally discount Pence. If the economy continues to do well throughout Trump's 2nd term the electorate may not want to give that up but will look at Pence as a more presidential, calmer Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Notice how Adam Sch$&t is trying to bend the narrative by calling ‘personal’ political benefit. That is not what these corruption laws were introduced to protect against. The law is in place to protect against actual personal benefit (not ‘personal political’ benefit). The law is in place for things like what Biden was doing! But we can’t talk about that. 

Yup. 

And as Bob pointed out, why does the story keep changing if Schiff and the left have "Trump nailed"? 

It's almost like these people have learned nothing from three years of being promised: "THIS TIME WE REALLY GOT HIM!" only to watch it explode in their faces. Let's recap all the ways: 

* Cohen was in Prague! (oops)

* Trump got WikiLeaks through Stone! (oops)

* Trump Tower meeting was COLLUSION! (oops)

* Flynn is going to flip on Trump! (oops)

* Manafort is going to flip on Trump! (oops)

* G-Pop is going to flip on Trump! (oops)

* Trump lied about Obama spying! (oops)

* Mueller has bank records! (oops)

* Deutsche Bank turned over the smoking gun to Mueller! (oops)

* Now we REALLY know Cohen was in Prague! (oops)

* Mueller's report will be DAMNING for Trump, he's going to resign! (oops)

* Barr lied about what Mueller's report REALLY says! (oops)

* Mueller's testimony will allow him to REALLY get Trump! (oops)

... But this time, THIS time, they REALLY got him! 

:lol: 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Presidential Election 2024:  D. Trump/I. Trump  Vs    B. Obama/M. Obama,  after Trump pushes through third term legality.

It's funny anyone would seriously think the American people would, if they could, re-elect Obama to a third term. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

You mean exactly like what Mike Bloomberg (and Putin) did when his term limit was supposed to be up?

59 minutes ago, snafu said:

You mean exactly like what Mike Bloomberg (and Putin) did when his term limit was supposed to be up?

Well my post was joking, but when not all that funny, that is tough to tell I guess.  If Bloomberg and Putin extended the number of legal terms then, yes, like that. 

I sure hope no one is looking to increase terms.  I am of the opinion that limiting terms for all politicians may be a better course.  If pols weren't so concerned with their re-elections we might get far more honest government.  As it is today, pols are too beholding to party and way too beholding to donors, imo.

34 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well my post was joking, but when not all that funny, that is tough to tell I guess.  If Bloomberg and Putin extended the number of legal terms then, yes, like that. 

I sure hope no one is looking to increase terms.  I am of the opinion that limiting terms for all politicians may be a better course.  If pols weren't so concerned with their re-elections we might get far more honest government.  As it is today, pols are too beholding to party and way too beholding to donors, imo.

No need to worry about that - 22nd amendment is what limits the president to two terms. It would take another constitutional amendment to change that.

I'd guess that the majority here would agree with you regarding term limits for all elected officials. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Azalin said:

No need to worry about that - 22nd amendment is what limits the president to two terms. It would take another constitutional amendment to change that.

I'd guess that the majority here would agree with you regarding term limits for all elected officials. :thumbsup:

Trump, not an overly jocular guy, sure makes a lot 'jokes' about staying in office.  Sometimes they sound a bit like trial balloons.  Glad to hear that it is difficult to get changed.