Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

A big f'ing deal?

Well she's telling the wrong person, Chris Wallace despises Trump with a passion, he is as bad

as Juan Williams, just the sound of these two guys voices make me switch to Art Bell reruns.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

Well she's telling the wrong person, Chris Wallace despises Trump with a passion, he is as bad

as Juan Williams, just the sound of these two guys voices make me switch to Art Bell reruns.

No surprise.  He's a Democrat.

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's only because he parrots talking points and long debunked theories which I'm positive others have heard/share/might believe/are curious about. So diving into the weeds can help others since Bob has clearly made up his mind that he'd rather believe (without evidence) the words of proven liars and manipulators than stopping and reexamining the issues for himself. 

Please don't dive into the weed. Bob does enough of that for all of us. Of course his weed is purely medicinal and capable of medically solving all of the world's problems. Getting high off it is only a side effect.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, Bob in Mich said:

Look Sonny Liston, I appreciate you taking the time to engage on the Trump issues.  I am far less familiar with the Kavanaugh tale and really don't wish to get into it in any depth.  Sorry but this will be pretty brief.

At the time I recall seeing a super partisan hearing.  The Repubs were very angry that Brett was being smeared for what they said was no reason.  I recall too that there were accusations that I thought should be investigated.  Recall this hearing was for someone to sit in judgement over our societal issues and a lifetime appointment at that.  I did not understand the need to have the investigations wrapped up because of time constraints.  Why were time constraints for investigations put in place?  It seems one investigates issues this serious until there are no further witnesses to interview.  So, in summary a highly partisan affair with accusations flying on both sides and a bystander not really able to determine what was worth looking into and what wasn't.  I personally thought some of Brett's answers were untruthful...under oath, but those were his college days so pretty hard to dispute or investigate.

Sweet fancy Moses! 

Partisan?  Bob, step back for a second and contemplate the meaning of the word 'partisan'.  'Partisan' is utilizing the rules of the Senate to block a nominee of the opposing political point of view when given the opportunity.  Partisan is the raising of questions that everyone with a pulse knows will not be answered by a nominee because it gives the opposition the opportunity to wax eloquently as to all the hidden reasons why a nominee isn't answering the question that everyone with a pulse knows will not be answered. 

You've reached a point where you're comfortable with a buzzer beater allegation that has no basis in fact, that evolved over the 60 days or so it was in the public eye (and crashed and burned thereafter), and have decided as a matter of equity that Kavanaugh probably "lied" about his friziging high school days.  Was it the choice of tater tots when he said he had French fries? 

You get the government you deserve, and in many ways, the people who stand by and wring their hands about Trumps approach and demeanor watch dispassionately as the no-holds barred public execution of Brett Kavanaugh played out have gotten what they deserve. 

I'd no more like to see this happen to Merrick Garland than I would Brett Kavanaugh.  What Feinstein, Harris, Booker et al oversaw was horrific and amounted to the pimping of the narrative of a couple drunken cockroaches that scurried from the darkness for 30 seconds of fame before scurrying back. 

It doesn't have to be this way Bob, you don't have to sit by dispassionately and stretch to reconcile the incompetence of the IC and Obama admin, you don't have to accept that Trump is out-of-line pursuing American interests and that Good Ole Joe was just doing good VP work, or even that John Barleycorn Must Die.  I will meet you halfway and acknowledge that the only way other than massive pallets of cash to Iran to settle up for the Obama treaty was sending the moolah for mullah 18,000,000 refundable bottles of Mountain Dew because of "sanctions", and that solution would have required more planes and the carbon footprint would have been massive. 

Obama is actually the hero of the pallets of cash story.

Fair? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Extorting a foreign power to interfere in our elections should get a president impeached. Anyone who says different is just a blind partisan 

Only a fool fights in a burning house and that would be you.  Timer for you to get out before the whole thing (DNC) comes down on you.  

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Only a fool fights in a burning house and that would be you.  Timer for you to get out before the whole thing (DNC) comes down on you.  

The GOP is the one that can't attract the support of a majority of the people, that's why they need the crutch of the EC, gerrymandered house districts, Russian money and propaganda, and to tell lie after lie to their always believing base. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Extorting a foreign power to interfere in our elections should get a president impeached. Anyone who says different is just a blind partisan 

"Extorting"?  LOL!  That's a so last week Dem/MSM talking  point, Tibs.  Mostly because Ukraine had no idea they were being "extorted."

And anyone who thinks that asking for help in investigating corruption by a new administration in a country to whom you will be giving hundreds of millions of dollars is wrong, just because target of said investigation also happens to be running for President, is just a blind partisan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

"Extorting"?  LOL!  That's a so last week Dem/MSM talking  point, Tibs.  Mostly because Ukraine had no idea they were being "extorted."

And anyone who thinks that asking for help in investigating corruption by a new administration in a country to whom you will be giving hundreds of millions of dollars is wrong, just because target of said investigation also happens to be running for President, is just a blind partisan. 

Yup, holding back military aid until Trump gets his "favor" is text book extortion 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, holding back military aid until Trump gets his "favor" is text book extortion 

I find extortion particularly insidious when the extorted party doesn't actually know that they're being extorted.

I'm sure the one-sided secret hearings behind closed doors will clear it up for us though.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I find extortion particularly insidious when the extorted party doesn't actually know that they're being extorted.

I'm sure the one-sided secret hearings behind closed doors will clear it up for us though.

A few months ago I extorted a new car out of a dealer by refusing to give them money until they gave me one.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Trump playing 4D chess. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Sure, they didn't know the military aid was being withheld for a favor Trump wanted, even though it was being withheld and Trump wanted a favor. 

Rudy was floating around there because he just like Ukraine 

• Like (+1) 1