Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because if you stand by and do nothing (based on principles) the unprincipled enemy WILL win and you'll lose anyway.

Get it?

By becoming unprincipled both sides become my enemy.

I barely tolerate the existence of the state as it stands.

• Like (+1) 2

War on Impeachment Wednesday. 

“The Dems have been flailing ever since Grandma Nan decided to get on board. Trump and company are probably creating an environment for the opposition to commit more unforced errors, which will no doubt happen.”

End Impeachment Secrecy. 

Not a chance. They’ve learned from the Kavanaugh experience not to tell stories that can be checked.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because if you stand by and do nothing (based on principles) the unprincipled enemy WILL win and you'll lose anyway.

Get it?

I do understand where you're coming from, and have from the start, but there are ways to fight back without abandoning what we're trying to preserve. I think that's the overall point. Both you and Tasker want the same goal -- you just have different ways to get there. Yours might be the fastest way, but it's like fighting a fire in the kitchen by demolishing the whole house.

Just my $.02

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't get this whole "impeachment in secret". This isn't an impeachment proceeding as there was no vote (doesn't stop the MSM from reporting the letters to the WH as "subpoenas"). The Ds know this isn't a real process, even as they screech about it. If it ever did get put to a vote, it is unlikely to fly without some major arm-twisting (and since the DNC is broke, what are they gonna do? Withhold campaign funding?) as those purple-district-people couldn't vote "yes" and keep their seats. And, finally, the Senate would never vote to convict (and the Rs would might vote yes *cough*Mitt*cough* would be cut out of the RNC slush fund hurting their reelection possibility).

Looking at this side show circus as a set-up to drive a narrative? As monkeys flinging poo hoping something, anything, will stick? Or,  as a last gasp before accepting the inevitable? Yeah, those are all viable takes. But, "impeachment" in secret? Nawww That is giving this side show circus too much gravitas. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

8 pages!!!

Dear Madam Speaker and Messrs. Chairmen: 

I write on behalf of President Donald J. Trump in response to your numerous, legally unsupported demands made as part of what you have labeled contrary to the Constitution of the United States and all past bipartisan precedent-as an "impeachment inquiry." As you know, you have designed and implemented your inquiry in a maimer that violates fundamental fairness and constitutionally mandated due process.

For example, you have denied the President the right to cross-examine witnesses, to call witnesses, to receive transcripts of testimony, to have access to evidence, to have counsel present, and many other basic rights guaranteed to all Americans. You have conducted your proceedings in secret. You have violated civil liberties and the separation of powers by threatening Executive Branch officials, claiming that you will seek to punish those who exercise fundamental constitutional rights and prerogatives. All of this violates the Constitution, the rule of law, and every past precedent. Never before in our history has the House of Representatives-under the control of either political party-taken the American people down the dangerous path you seem determined to pursue.

</snip>

Footnote 16 is very interesting.  What did Trump's signing statement say, exactly?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment

Just over half of voters want President Trump impeached and removed from office, according to a Fox News Poll released Wednesday.

A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment

Just over half of voters want President Trump impeached and removed from office, according to a Fox News Poll released Wednesday.

A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment. 

LOL....Now of course fox news is real news!!!!!!!!

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom as a liberal nut, you go ahead and cite fox news.

• Haha (+1) 1