Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

"Here are my principal conclusions. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller's report. Number two, President Trump has engaged in impeachable -- impeachable conduct. Number three, partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances. Number four, few members of Congress have read the Mueller report."

A libertarian member of the House Freedom Caucus joins many Democrats in calling out this lawless president 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/05/19/kevin_mccarthy_justin_amash_impeachment_call_is_disturbing_but_he_is_a_lightweight.html

Edited by Tiberius

You are right, but it does require Congress to act and THEN if impeachment is passed, the Senate holds a trial. No way in hell that they convict him on grounds that he made you feel bad or he has two scoops of ice cream. 

Dream on TDS victims. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nanker said:

You are right, but it does require Congress to act and THEN if impeachment is passed, the Senate holds a trial. No way in hell that they convict him on grounds that he made you feel bad or he has two scoops of ice cream. 

Yes - which is why it's noteworthy a member of the freedom caucus has come out in favor of impeachment.

The chances of him being convicted on grounds I feel bad or because he had two scoops of ice cream are also zero.

1 hour ago, McGee Return TD said:

Yes - which is why it's noteworthy a member of the freedom caucus has come out in favor of impeachment.

The chances of him being convicted on grounds I feel bad or because he had two scoops of ice cream are also zero.

No, it’s not noteworthy.  Corruption happens within the Freedom Caucus as well.

Two months ago Amash officially opined that the Mueller report contained no evidence of collusion, conspiracy, or obstruction and that there were no grounds to impeach.

Then, a few days ago, after his own China ties were exposed and the Administration’s policy towards China began to tighten the screws on him, he reversed course and made the argument that:  Trump may have committed crimes that no one is aware of (including himself), and that a crime doesn’t need to have been committed to impeach the President anyway.

It’s literally an argument that Chinese businesses interests (IE the Chinese government) should have a say in our impeachment process.

Amash is going to burn along with DiFi.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, it’s not noteworthy.  Corruption happens within the Freedom Caucus as well.

Two months ago Amash officially opined that the Mueller report contained no evidence of collusion, conspiracy, or obstruction and that there were no grounds to impeach.

Then, a few days ago, after his own China ties were exposed and the Administration’s policy towards China began to tighten the screws on him, he reversed course and made the argument that:  Trump may have committed crimes that no one is aware of (including himself), and that a crime doesn’t need to have been committed to impeach the President anyway.

It’s literally an argument that Chinese businesses interests (IE the Chinese government) should have a say in our impeachment process.

Amash is going to burn along with DiFi.

If what you claim is true, it is even more noteworthy.

Will you be swooping in on Drogon to burn both Amash and DiFI? Harsh, no?

Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

You can always count on Tibsy for a fantasy thread

Justin Amash’s last stand. He’s always ready to stand selflessly for principle, so long as it gets him good press.

Justin Amash Gone Wild. “One more thing, J-Am, where are your libertarian principles regarding illegal surveillance on American citizens? On Illegal FISA warrants, national security letters, human intelligence assets being placed around a political campaign by the unelected political bureaucracy? The jack-booted fedgov strong-arming people to plead to process crimes? U cool with that bro, because TRUMP?”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, McGee Return TD said:

What I claim are verifiable facts.

And no, I don’t think charges of treason are too harsh for members of our government whom have committed treason.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

please start impeachment. It pretty much just ensures a red wave in 2020

Like 1974? :lol:

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

No need. There is plenty of other ammunition to ensure the wave. 

That ammo must have been pretty great in 2018! It lost the GOP 40 house seats 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That ammo must have been pretty great in 2018! It lost the GOP 40 house seats 

We’re discussing the present and the future. A lot of dumbassery coming from the Dems the the last 6 months since then. 

The power to pardon is one of the least limited powers granted to the President in the Constitution. The only limits mentioned in the Constitution are that pardons are limited to offenses against the United States (i.e., not civil or state cases), and that they cannot affect an impeachment process. 

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/89/pardon-power

This is an interesting aspect of this situation. If Manafort is staying quiet in hopes of a pardon, that could be dashed--along with other pardons--by simply initiating the impeachment process. 

It might even force others to talk. Remember, there are 12 other sealed indictments from Mueller we have not seen yet. 

3 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

How simplistically childish. You have any Fraggle Rock analogies to share (inappropriately I might add). Maybe after binge watching Mr. Roger’s neighborhood episodes you can come back and post something more intelligent and germane. Oh, I know. It’ll be “Faux News!” How original. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

How simplistically childish. You have any Fraggle Rock analogies to share (inappropriately I might add). Maybe after binge watching Mr. Roger’s neighborhood episodes you can come back and post something more intelligent and germane. Oh, I know. It’ll be “Faux News!” How original. 

Sorry I do not have the ability to opine like yourself. Your wit and intellectualism is on par with thinkers like Aristotle and Foucault. See your intelligent and germane response below.

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No collusion. No obstruction. 

Loser T Party critter reaching out to the fractionated constituency of LGBTHMPAACC that so infest his district. 

#orangemanbad though