Where will free agent Gerald McCoy sign?

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

We have 23 mill or so in cap room.  It ain’t my money, so I hope we spend it on a one year gtd money type deal.  

Would you keep 5 players at DT? If not who would you cut? H.Phillips who is a 3rd round pick from last year and showed promise. Star whose contract is impossible to get out of this season and plays a valuable role (even if he is overpaid.) J.Phillips who played well in his role and was brought back on a one year deal of mid-level value, or Ed Oliver who you know won't get cut. 

I think the Bills with the addition of Oliver are set at DT. I am all for trying to upgrade the team but I think a trade for Kyle Rudolph would be a better avenue for improvement. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Would you keep 5 players at DT? If not who would you cut? H.Phillips who is a 3rd round pick from last year and showed promise. Star whose contract is impossible to get out of this season and plays a valuable role (even if he is overpaid.) J.Phillips who played well in his role and was brought back on a one year deal of mid-level value, or Ed Oliver who you know won't get cut. 

I think the Bills with the addition of Oliver are set at DT. I am all for trying to upgrade the team but I think a trade for Kyle Rudolph would be a better avenue for improvement. 

Good point.  I think I’d have to cut back on a WR/TE/RB/FB.  McCoy is a a great player and adding him for one year without messing up the cap helps this year’s team imo.

I bet McCoy would fit in well. Like I said before, we all know that some players find a resurgence in their game when they change environments. McCoy would feel wanted here. Just saying.

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Good point.  I think I’d have to cut back on a WR/TE/RB/FB.  McCoy is a a great player and adding him for one year without messing up the cap helps this year’s team imo.

Teams running a 4-3 don't really carry 5 DT's. There are barely enough snaps for 4 DT's in rotation, with a fifth DT in rotation that would dilute the snaps for one of the DT's currently on the roster. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Teams running a 4-3 don't really carry 5 DT's. There are barely enough snaps for 4 DT's in rotation, with a fifth DT in rotation that would dilute the snaps for one of the DT's currently on the roster. 

Diluting Phillips and Phillips snaps might not necessarily be a bad thing.  Especially when the person taking the snaps is much better.  He’s arguably the best player left on the market and plays a position that was a weakness to start the offseason.  While

its improved, it can be improved upon

The question is how much does McCoy have left in the tank?  You could be spending big bucks on a guy with maybe a year left in him, given he's been in the league 9 years and is 31 years old.

And he left Cleveland without a deal meaning he's probably looking for north of $10M/year.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The question is how much does McCoy have left in the tank?  You could be spending big bucks on a guy with maybe a year left in him, given he's been in the league 9 years and is 31 years old.

And he left Cleveland without a deal meaning he's probably looking for north of $10M/year.

I think he definitely has more than 1year left. 31 isn't that bad and he's still a pretty good DT. IMO he will play 3 more years, maybe more. Unless he gets injured of course, but he's been pretty reliable throughout his career as far as I can remember.

Agreed on the $ amount he is probably looking for though.

18 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Well, we can officially rule the Bills out in the Gerald McCoy sweepstakes:

DT McCoy targeting contender: 'I want to win'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26815384/want-win

You, sir, are a negative, negative human. I cannot recall a singular positive thing you have ever stated about the team. Perhaps that's in your use of the screen name "Cornette's Commentary" and is your intention. If not, you need to find something positive in your life as your undying affinity for disparaging the team that you are a "fan" of must be bringing you down.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You, sir, are a negative, negative human. I cannot recall a singular positive thing you have ever stated about the team. Perhaps that's in your use of the screen name "Cornette's Commentary" and is your intention. If not, you need to find something positive in your life as your undying affinity for disparaging the team that you are a "fan" of must be bringing you down.

Ignore the idiot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

Ravens will be a tough out again this year. Ozzie always has them competitive. 

I do not know enough about their Oline but unless they have a top 3 Oline Jackson will have major issues this year. Skill position around him do not mean much if he can not throw to them

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SECRET SQUIRREL said:

Think Ozzie retired but your point still stands, they always put together a solid squad year to year. 

Clifton Brown BaltimoreRavens.com Staff Writer

In his new role, Newsome remains an integral part of the team’s front office though he stepped aside as general manager in January. He remains a friend, advisor, and confidant for General Manager Eric DeCosta. Their offices are right down the hall from each other. They met for about 90 minutes Wednesday morning going over possible scenarios, totally focused on acquiring talent that will help the Ravens compete at the highest level.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I do not know enough about their Oline but unless they have a top 3 Oline Jackson will have major issues this year. Skill position around him do not mean much if he can not throw to them

Excellent book end tackles and a pretty average interior.