PFF rates Bills current OLmen

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's hard to take that grade sheet seriously when they have rookie UDFA Garrett McGhin getting a higher grade than Dawkins, or Nsekhe.

Or McDermott grading higher than Waddle?   Did he even have more than 10 snaps all season?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

PFF people are such nerds.  I just go to the youtube highlights and see the PANCAKES!!!!

You know, i'm thinking we missed an opportunity when Ndamukong Suh was stepping on everyone with his cleats to call that Waffling somebody.

Toasted, Jammed at the line now i'm hungry.

I expect the line to be vastly improved this season, but I'm keeping my expectations tempered. There will probably be five starting O-linemen who have never played with any of the others, and none of them having ever played for the new OL coach. There's a lot of promise, but nobody has played at a blue-chip level. This is going to be a 'get to know you' season,  and will likely take several games into the schedule to start gelling - I wouldn't be surprised to see the lineup change a couple of times along the way.  And with so many FA signings, odds are that there will be a couple of busts. 

On he upside, I see pass protection being greatly improved from Day 1, giving Allen a lot more time to throw. If all goes well. the Bills might be competing for a playoff spot. But next year, 2020, the line will be set and experienced going into the season. Then, I see Buffalo being an absolute beast. Not just a playoff team, but a threat to win multiple games.

16 hours ago, berg1029 said:

My guesses:

Dawkins (left) and Nsekhe (right) at the tackle spots.  Ford could play his way into the right tackle spot, depending on how ready he is.  If that's the case, would have Nsekhe as a versatile backup.  

Center is obviously locked up by Morse and backed up by Bodine.  

The two guard spots seem the most up in the air.  Spain (left) likely will take one of them.  The other will be up for grabs, but I would guess Long ends up playing rg for the season.  It's possible we see Ford here too, but from what Beane said.. it would appear that they are going to try him at RT first.  

Feliciano appears to be the back up to Morse because hes with the ones today.  I think Bodine is gonna be traded for a mid-late round pick.

The only thing that concerns me is the fact that most coaches believe that continuity is vital to building a solid O-Line.

These guys will be pretty much be starting from scratch at training camp. An O-line has to work as a unit and each player needs to know exactly what the other 4 guys are doing on any given play.