LeVeon Bell - On trading block already? Bills mentioned

18 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Exactly. If the Bills or any other team were interested, they should have signed him. Maybe acquiring him via trade would leave the Jets on the hook for some of the $? Have no idea on that. The TRADE market would be extremely slim. Maybe a 6th or a 7th.

This is it exactly. Any team can now get Bell for a reasonable price and may be willing to pony up a high draft pick for it. If they can secure a 2nd rounder then the Jets would be effectively paying $12 mill for a second round pick which is ultimately fine. In the NBA this type of stuff happens all the time, trading cash for picks.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Actually - he now becomes affordable for the price most teams seemed to value him at.

The Jets paid 12 million of the guaranteed money - that leaves essentially the 4 years and under 40 million or just under 10 million per season - I believe.

It actually makes him much more trade-able because his annual cost is significantly lower - I can see a higher round pick (2nd/3rd) for him or maybe more for a team that thinks this moves them to late in the round.

Appreciate these responses. It makes much more sense now. Don't see any way he ends up in Buffalo and still think he's overrated and a huge risk to "fall off," but I get the rationale.

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He's also a year older.  My point is he may not have taken a season's worth of hits but he's also not in 'game shape'.  Just watch.

Nobody’s in game shape in the off-season. I’ll take over 600yds all day. He’s going to be a pain to play 2x year. 

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is speculation of the most speculative, based on rumors Gase wasn't "all in" on the big contract Bell was given. 

IF the NYJ were to throw $12M down the crapper by trading him before he plays a down, who MIGHT they trade him to.

The Steelers /SARCASM

24 minutes ago, stony said:

Nobody’s in game shape in the off-season. I’ll take over 600yds all day. He’s going to be a pain to play 2x year. 

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.  However he was with the Steelers will not be the way he will be with the Jets.  He WAS a great RB but I'm saying he will be just okay with the Jets.  M'kay?

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying.  However he was with the Steelers will not be the way he will be with the Jets.  He WAS a great RB but I'm saying he will be just okay with the Jets.  M'kay?

I'm missing something but that's fine.  You said he'll pull a hammy in preseason because he sat out a year.  That doesn't make any sense.  

Edited by stony

18 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The whole fun of being on a forum like this is the speculation:) All of us like to speculate but very few appreciate being called a speculator:) I enjoy the give and take so long as it is civil (like the above example).

edit: sry that was a joke in bad taste.

Apologies.  Only made it because of the other news that came out that the Bills gave out that number and because I found it so unlikely that the Jets would trade him in the division.

Edited by Bruce Harper