LeVeon Bell - On trading block already? Bills mentioned

9 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

In this absurd hypothetical world, you'd be paying him 12 mil less than the contract he signed.

For one year.  Then his price would increase to the contract he signed.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

2nd Round pick to overpay this bum..

God help us..

I believe McDermott would heartily endorse the latter sentiment but neither he nor Beane are likely to take action along the lines of the media speculation, even if the speculative speculation that the Jets are willing to trade Bell should prove real.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For one year.  Then his price would increase to the contract he signed.

I believe McDermott would heartily endorse the latter sentiment but neither he nor Beane are likely to take action along the lines of the media speculation, even if the speculative speculation that the Jets are willing to trade Bell should prove real.

Well now you're just...speculating. :beer::P

• Like (+1) 1

Would be awesome if the Jets traded him away before he even played a single snap. 

Wouldn't want him on the Bills for any price. 

Its all moot because it’s never going to happen. 

Can't see this happening for a myriad of reasons. Namely optics. The Jets sign this guy to huge money in FA, he doesn't show up for OTA's, then send him to a division rival? Would be flat out odd. 

Not to mention that we just drafted a back, and already have 2 potential HOF candidates in the backfield already. 

Really not sure there would be a market for Bell, even with his signing bonus paid. The guy just sat out a season, his teammates didn't seem super supportive. Then he knows shows OTA's after signing a big deal with his new organization. 

15 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Of course it is speculation. Most of what we read in the media is speculation.

The facts appear to be these:

Gase did have a difference of opinion with Maccagnan over Bell's compensation. Given that Bell is unlikely to be Gase's ally. Gase has incentives to make at least some changes to the roster - so if Jets do well - he doesnt have to give Mike Mac the credit. The coaching staff also appears pissed that Bell has been a no-show so far. SO the New York Media puts all that together and says hey! if we are to trade Bell, who do we trade him to and what do we get. I dont see anything wrong with that.

That said - the writer is not suggesting giving up Bell for nothing within months of signing. He is expecting that the Jets receive some draft compensation for the signing bonus, no? Maybe you missed that.

So... the dude's been a no show at the team facility, we will have to pay him a lot of money, AND we have to give up a high draft pick for him???

Where do I sign up??? ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....AGREE....ain't enough Excedrin on the planet to cure this headache.......let 'em sufferwith Gase................

Mike Tomlin must have had his hands full with the dynamic dodos

11 minutes ago, hjnick said:

So... the dude's been a no show at the team facility, we will have to pay him a lot of money, AND we have to give up a high draft pick for him???

Where do I sign up??? ;)

But his workout is SO much better than the teams ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Bills fan in 561 said:

Unpopular opinion but I dont think Gase is that bad and hes right about not wanting to pay a running back that much money.The Jets were basically building the team like the Bills had been during the drought.To be successful you need to get out of cap jail and spend money on positions that are coveted in said scheme.GM and coach need to be on the same page.We(Bills) are finally building the team the right way but people thought Mcbean went nuts trading Watkins and Darby remember.Those moves where chess moves not checkers moves. I love to jump on the bandwagon and laugh at the tire fire that is the Jets but...ah never mind Gase is ghost face yacked and their doomed lol

I think the biggest mistake the Jests made was not firing their GM sooner if he was not going to be compatible with the new head coach or if he wasn't living up to the expectations of the owner.

Why keep a dude around to F'k up your free agent signings and also the draft.... THEN can him?

They should have canned the GM as soon as they knew the dude was toast, find a new GM that believes in what you want to do, THEN go and get a coach...

The Jests fail in Logic.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mike Tomlin must have had his hands full with the dynamic dodos

Yeah for as much talent as the Steelers list, I bet Tomlin is much happier.  I won’t be shocked to see them in the playoffs.  Seems like it will be a much more unified locker room.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They aren’t trading him this year.  But it was a dumb signing for a guy for a non demand position who only is out for himself. 

to this day I cant believe bell thought it was a smart move to sit out. it was universally known the steelers had a top OL. literally anyone that's ever filled in for bell has basically matched his production. from an aging DeAngelo Williams in the twilight of his career to an upstart conner this year and then the rookie samuels goes off for 130+ rushing in a start after conner went down. 

how can that help a guys value?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

to this day I cant believe bell thought it was a smart move to sit out. it was universally known the steelers had a top OL. literally anyone that's ever filled in for bell has basically matched his production. from an aging DeAngelo Williams in the twilight of his career to an upstart conner this year and then the rookie samuels goes off for 130+ rushing in a start after conner went down. 

how can that help a guys value?

Yeah, I guess the counter he could have is the Steelers would have run him into the ground since they weren’t bringing him back and he avoided injury/ wear and tear.  But he did lose out on $14 million and got less than the Steelers would have paid him.  So he kinda took an L.  

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

should as long as Ben stays healthy.

And avoids bathrooms and motorcycles.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I guess the counter he could have is the Steelers would have run him into the ground since they weren’t bringing him back and he avoided injury/ wear and tear.  But he did lose out on $14 million and got less than the Steelers would have paid him.  So he kinda took an L.  

And avoids bathrooms and motorcycles.

Behold ! The OutCycle !

f90a88edcc7fe0e4f61a9cabf94b2de8--vintag

Or

toilet-trike.jpg?w=640

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billwilliamson/2019/05/20/teams-that-make-sense-for-leveon-bell-if-jets-trade-him/#3c56a519d1e1

I wouldnt give up a first rounder - but a second? Maybe. But only if in the OTAs the Bills feel Shady has lost a step. Five year 40 mill is a steal for Bell. 

Jets would be foolish to trade him to us - but who else needs him AND has cap space AND draft capital?

Only if they give him number 32.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're speculating about that   :nana:

Actually, YOU'RE RIGHT!

The whole fun of being on a forum like this is the speculation:) All of us like to speculate but very few appreciate being called a speculator:) I enjoy the give and take so long as it is civil (like the above example).

27 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Only if they give him number 32.

edit: sry that was a joke in bad taste.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay