LeVeon Bell - On trading block already? Bills mentioned

1 hour ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Are the Jets now trying to out-tank the Dolphins or something?

Not sure that even the Jets “brain trust” could answer that question for you at the moment :bag:.

More of the same please!! This is the kind of divisional competition I can get behind ;)

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They won’t trade Bell.  It makes little sense, plus as you said, they’ve already paid him a ton of guaranteed money.   There’s really not a ton of cost savings.  Plus, Bell is kind of good, you know?

Which is precisely why it could happen under that half baked rudderless clown show...:beer:

56 minutes ago, Bills fan in 561 said:

Unpopular opinion but I dont think Gase is that bad and hes right about not wanting to pay a running back that much money.The Jets were basically building the team like the Bills had been during the drought.To be successful you need to get out of cap jail and spend money on positions that are coveted in said scheme.GM and coach need to be on the same page.We(Bills) are finally building the team the right way but people thought Mcbean went nuts trading Watkins and Darby remember.Those moves where chess moves not checkers moves. I love to jump on the bandwagon and laugh at the tire fire that is the Jets but...ah never mind Gase is ghost face yacked and their doomed lol

Whether he is right or wrong about the signing, the fact is that it is over and done.  Saying negative things about it at this point in time can't result in anything good.

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Sounds a little half baked to me. Why would we want him? He certainly doesn't seem to be a team or McDermott type player. Besides, I feel the Bills did quite well with Singletary...give this kid a chance. 

Yes, I am of the opinion that a player that holds out and doesn’t show up for workouts with his new team is not a team player and McDermott would likely not want anything to do with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

If the Bills were going to give up any draft compensation, wouldn’t they have just outbid the Jets in the first place ?

No - even without considering the possibility of Bell not wanting to be here. There is a sweet spot between the compensation Bell got from Jets and the value of the balance salary + draft pick a team wishing to trade with the Jets might pay. 

28 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Yes, I am of the opinion that a player that holds out and doesn’t show up for workouts with his new team is not a team player and McDermott would likely not want anything to do with him.

Right on! I don't believe it anyway.

Let me see if I can understand this guy’s logic.  The Bills apparently kicked Bell’s tires in free agency, but decided against the sky high contract.  But now, they will be willing to part with a high pick AND take on the contract they didn’t like in March?

These people get paid to write this crap?

• Like (+1) 1

This looks like plain lazy journalism to me. NY sports pundits trying to stir up controversy. And I would assume that if it happened (it won't), then Shady would be gone. But... how hilarious would it be to have an RB roster of Bell/Gore/McCoy? (I put those in alphabetical order, just 'cuz.) Man, the offseason gets whacky...

You all (a/k/a y’all) are concentrating on salary cap and what Laveon Bell wants (or what Gase might want). You need to think about what McDermott and Beane DON’T want: a hold out, self centered, pot smoking (suspended)!knucklehead. This guy is the furthest thing from “process” you could dream up. Don’t waste your time arguing about this fool. Prediction: ACL tear or misses 6 games (lack of conditioning) and less than 1000 all purpose yards. 

3 hours ago, FluffHead said:

He seems like the type to fall off once he gets paid. Pass. I like what we’re building without him. 

I agree. Shady needs to be the last expensive rb contract.  You draft a young guy and hold on to him for 5 years. Then you draft another. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Gase is going to destroy that franchise

yes he is and it will be a work of art to watch crazy eyes crumble....

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is speculation of the most speculative, based on rumors Gase wasn't "all in" on the big contract Bell was given. 

IF the NYJ were to throw $12M down the crapper by trading him before he plays a down, who MIGHT they trade him to.

Back to Pittsburgh...and they will have their cake and eat it too!

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billwilliamson/2019/05/20/teams-that-make-sense-for-leveon-bell-if-jets-trade-him/#3c56a519d1e1

I wouldnt give up a first rounder - but a second? Maybe. But only if in the OTAs the Bills feel Shady has lost a step. Five year 40 mill is a steal for Bell. 

Jets would be foolish to trade him to us - but who else needs him AND has cap space AND draft capital?

We aren't interested in this bum.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He missed all of last season sitting out.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a hammy during preseason and winds up being no better than a 6oo yd rusher for the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2