Bengals move Cordy Glenn to Guard

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

It is very interesting. They must really like Jonah Williams.

A bengals reporter said after the draft that J Williams told teams he would only play LT  and not to draft him if they wanted him elsewhere on the OL

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can Glenn not play on the right side?

Probably an experience thing; he's got 3 years of experience playing LG and all of his NFL experience on the left side.  It's probably an easier transition to LG than it would be to RT at this point in his career.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Probably an experience thing; he's got 3 years of experience playing LG and all of his NFL experience on the left side.  It's probably an easier transition to LG than it would be to RT at this point in his career.

Bobby Hart tho!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can Glenn not play on the right side?

Marrone tried him there and it didn’t last long. 

I believe he threw a bit of a temper tantrum because he was coming up on his next contract and wanted to be paid as a left tackle, not a RT. So maybe he didn’t give it his all? I don’t know. But I remember that he didn’t last long on the right side and reported were that he really struggled. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Marrone tried him there and it didn’t last long. 

I believe he threw a bit of a temper tantrum because he was coming up on his next contract and wanted to be paid as a left tackle, not a RT. So maybe he didn’t give it his all? I don’t know. But I remember that he didn’t last long on the right side and reported were that he really struggled. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a guess that Marrone/the oline coach did not talk to him prior to making the switch, since Cordy is pointing out that his current coach is...