OTA Attendance

10 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:
11 hours ago, scribo said:

Never even been in the endzone.

Did he even sign yet?

Maybe they wanted him to sign his contract IN THE ENDZONE (so he could learn the way there) and he is still L:rolleyes::rolleyes:KING for it...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

The NFL, sure, but not the coaches. Not the GM. Their job isn't to entertain you or engage the fans. Their job isn't to sell tickets. Their job is to build a team and win games. They aren't in the entertainment business. So I can see why they might want to reduce the distraction and outside noise because that doesn't help them win football games. And if they don't win, no matter how entertaining they are, they'll be fired. So entertaining the fans is probably nowhere near their priority list.

Yeah, and how many teams line up to be on those shows? Most of them are forced into it from league mandates. The coaches and the GM just want to focus on their job, which is winning football games, not adding distraction. Now the league, of course, is all about entertainment and engaging the fans. But there's a difference between the league and the team football operation leaders.

Your stance was that fans only engage in games. I point out shows like Hard Knocks are proof fans enjoy the behind the scenes, and you counter with the organizations not wanting to participate. Makes total sense.

8 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous argument. I understand MJS' point. The coaches, and the GM, and the players, for that matter, have chosen to do something for a living, which is football. The entertainment industry supplies the money that gets them paid, sure. And, in fact, most, if not all of them started in the sport for free. But, why would the people on the field worry about ratings? To your earlier point-- "The NFL wants you the fan not only to watch the games, but watch their network, watch the draft, watch video from training camp and watch preseason games, which are really just practice,"-- well what they really want is to sell commercial spots. They want as high a viewership as possible to make those commercial time slots as profitable as possible. Do you think the coaches and players care about that? It's not their job. Other people deal with that. Football is their job.

Winning translates to ticket sales, television ratings and advertising sales. All of those things are acutely connected. Lose and you lose your job, because it affects revenue.

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Your stance was that fans only engage in games. I point out shows like Hard Knocks are proof fans enjoy the behind the scenes, and you counter with the organizations not wanting to participate. Makes total sense.

Nope. I didn't say fans only engage in games.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Nope. I didn't say fans only engage in games.

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Fans engage in the games. Those are the real events. They really have little to gain by providing access to all the behind the scenes stuff.

Ohhhh... okay.

Edited by BillsFan17

15 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Ohhhh... okay.

Thanks for providing evidence to support my point. I never said they engage only in games, as you proved for me. Are you claiming that games aren't the primary events?

You are digging a very deep hole for yourself for no reason. It isn't the coach and GM's job to entertain fans. They naturally want less distraction from the media. These aren't new principles.

You may want access to everything, that's fine, but that doesn't mean your hunger for content is in line with the focus of those in charge of football operations.

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

Thanks for providing evidence to support my point. I never said they engage only in games, as you proved for me. Are you claiming that games aren't the primary events?

You are digging a very deep hole for yourself for no reason. It isn't the coach and GM's job to entertain fans. They naturally want less distraction from the media. These aren't new principles.

You may want access to everything, that's fine, but that doesn't mean your hunger for content is in line with the focus of those in charge of football operations.

You arent overly intelligent are you 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

You arent overly intelligent are you 

Ensue the personal attacks. Apparently you've run out of argument. Good day.

And blocked...

6 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I think a lot of people don’t understand just how enormous, and therefore distracting, a production like Hard Knocks is. OldTimeAFLGuy posted in another thread about how McD would not allow construction crews anywhere near the fields where they were practicing because of the distraction. A show like Hard Knocks will be twenty times the distraction. It would be very surprising if McD wanted anything to do with it. 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think a lot of people don’t understand just how enormous, and therefore distracting, a production like Hard Knocks is. OldTimeAFLGuy posted in another thread about how McD would not allow construction crews anywhere near the fields where they were practicing because of the distraction. A show like Hard Knocks will be twenty times the distraction. It would be very surprising if McD wanted anything to do with it. 

In no way, shape, or form does that mean fans dont enjoy the content. I never said they werent a potential burden on the teams, but that the popularity of it proves that fans like that type of behind the scenes content.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Ensue the personal attacks. Apparently you've run out of argument. Good day.

And blocked...

There is nothing to argue with someone who said fans only engage in games, then they to argue with the organizations not liking to do it. Again, you said fans engage I games and not the additional content. I proved you wrong and you couldn't counter with anything intelligent.

33 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

In no way, shape, or form does that mean fans dont enjoy the content. I never said they werent a potential burden on the teams, but that the popularity of it proves that fans like that type of behind the scenes content.

Oh, no doubt. I would love it if the Bills got Hard Knocks this year. And, I have do doubt that McD would hate it!