Will Chad Kelly Make it now that he has another shot with the Colts??

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t bash anybody. NOBODY is perfect... it’s clear you don’t like him... that’s why you can’t see his obvious talent 

he would’ve been a top 3 round pick if not for his antics ... he is still employed because he has talent ... it’s not a right to play in the league 

im not gonna wish Ill will on him

I don't consider doubting your continual top 3 billing, and not really caring if he's on an NFL roster as wishing ill will on someone.

We can disagree about whether Kelly is getting the shots because it's a right, or those of us looking at the NFL like a good ol boys club. I don't think Reich faces much risk in bringing Kelly to camp behind a solidified starter despite he's history of injuries. It's just like the coaches who float around the league and people think it's guys doing favors for each other. 

If Kelly beats out Brissett, I think he'll have shown some sort of merit for the chances. Until then it just looks like a guy being given shots because of his family's name in the league. And I don't really respect that in any business. 

If I can summarize my view on him in the best way. I don't care for him, I wont care if he succeeds, and I'll think it's kind of crappy someone else is losing out on a chance if he fails. And I won't pity him if he does. Then he can go out and earn a living like the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Ej has shown what he is. Not a good qb. Too often teams keep bad qbs on the roster just because they’re a guy.  Kelly has more upside than Manuel. 

I agree, only simply because Kelly is still a complete unknown in how he'd perform in this league. 

From that view, I respect giving him a chance. Yet I'm not sure if you changed the names and what follows them and not the skill set, Manuel would still be getting chances.

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't consider doubting your continual top 3 billing, and not really caring if he's on an NFL roster as wishing ill will on someone.

We can disagree about whether Kelly is getting the shots because it's a right, or those of us looking at the NFL like a good ol boys club. I don't think Reich faces much risk in bringing Kelly to camp behind a solidified starter despite he's history of injuries. It's just like the coaches who float around the league and people think it's guys doing favors for each other. 

If Kelly beats out Brissett, I think he'll have shown some sort of merit for the chances. Until then it just looks like a guy being given shots because of his family's name in the league. And I don't really respect that in any business. 

If I can summarize my view on him in the best way. I don't care for him, I wont care if he succeeds, and I'll think it's kind of crappy someone else is losing out on a chance if he fails. And I won't pity him if he does. Then he can go out and earn a living like the rest of us.

He hasn’t shown jack yet... and I agree

but when he played at ole miss he was usually pretty impressive and has traits that scouts like

And I disagree... frank Reich CAN look bad by attaching his name to kelly and having kelly blow up in his face... that wouldn’t be a good look. That’s why LOTS OF TEAMS removed kelly from their board

nobody wanted to be directly attached when he failed

On May 22, 2019 at 6:48 PM, Buffalo716 said:

And your bias won’t let you see his talent 

he was the last pick in the draft BECAUSE HE WAS KICKED OFF CLEMSON, THE BAR INCIDENT AND RUNNING ONTO A HS FIELD HIS LAST YEAR AT OLE MISS. PLUS A HOST OF OTHERS

His talent had him at elite 11 camp and offers from Alabama , Clemson and the like

.He is a much better QB than Nathan Peterman and EJ Manuel and plenty on NFL rosters 

Nick Saban couldn't find an NFL caliber QB if one was sitting on his face.  Clemson has had one in a million years.

Arm strength?  Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell, Cardale Jones--they could throw 60-70 yards from their knees!  No one cares.

Kelly is a rock head.  There is such a thing as too dumb for the NFL.  At QB the bar is higher than most positions.

This is Chad Kelly's only NFL career highlight thus far:   court records said a man and woman called police after Kelly entered their home, sat down on the couch and began "mumbling incoherently." The man chased the NFL player out of the house after hitting him with a vacuum tube.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Nick Saban couldn't find an NFL caliber QB if one was sitting on his face.  Clemson has had one in a million years.

Arm strength?  Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell, Cardale Jones--they could throw 60-70 yards from their knees!  No one cares.

Kelly is a rock head.  There is such a thing as too dumb for the NFL.  At QB the bar is higher than most positions.

This is Chad Kelly's only NFL career highlight thus far:   court records said a man and woman called police after Kelly entered their home, sat down on the couch and began "mumbling incoherently." The man chased the NFL player out of the house after hitting him with a vacuum tube.

Yea he’s a rock head. That has NOTHING to do with talent 

its more than arm strength. He throws a beautiful seam ball and deep out. He reads coverages and has a quick release

its a moot point arguing Kelly... he is still in the league because coaches see his talent 

its His Brain  that has ALWAYS got him in trouble because he makes poor decisions off the field

not arguing that

and Tua is pretty good. Been watching him since HS

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He hasn’t shown jack yet... and I agree

but when he played at ole miss he was usually pretty impressive and has traits that scouts like

And I disagree... frank Reich CAN look bad by attaching his name to kelly and having kelly blow up in his face... that wouldn’t be a good look. That’s why LOTS OF TEAMS removed kelly from their board

nobody wanted to be directly attached when he failed

Fair point, if Kelly does something really bad after making the 53. We'll see if it gets to that point. That's where I agree, I'd rather that not happen.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

its more than arm strength. He throws a beautiful seam ball and deep out. He reads coverages and has a quick release

its a moot point arguing Kelly... he is still in the league because coaches see his talent 

its His Brain  that has ALWAYS got him in trouble because he makes poor decisions off the field

not arguing that

You're making conflicting points, which actually can be correct. You're agreeing he's a rock head, yet shows the mental ability of an NFL QB.

That is wholly a possibility, however if you read any scouting report on him coming out not one mentions his ability to read a defense. They continually cite poor decision making, relies on his arms and doesn't see defenders. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

not arguing that

If he was simply that talented, no team would let him go.  This the NFL--it's loaded with wife beaters, child bloodiers, social media baby-momma disparagers, random woman kickers/punchers, drug dealers, weapons smugglers and future serial rapists and killers.  If he was what you say, every team would see this and not dump him for this relatively (for the NFL) minor stuff.

Too may be pretty good, be he's no AJ Mccarron........

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

If he was simply that talented, no team would let him go.  This the NFL--it's loaded with wife beaters, child bloodiers, social media baby-momma disparagers, random woman kickers/punchers, drug dealers, weapons smugglers and future serial rapists and killers.  If he was what you say, every team would see this and not dump him for this relatively (for the NFL) minor stuff.

Where to start,,,

first : Kareem hunt , cut

ray rice, cut

aldon smith , cut ( super duper talented)

i can go on...

I NEVER ONCE SAID HE IS A TOP END TALENT. I said he has good tools and could’ve became a starter... Scouts agreed coming out but his off field issues were wayyy to big... HES A QB, the CEO and a knucklehead so he was takin off boards

he has been kicked out of 2 schools since 17.. did coke, been arrested and ran on a HS field and hit a player

far from minor... if that was me I’d be in prison 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Great points. Kelly was likely a mid round choice if not for his off the field issues. He wasn’t a first round talent according to the scouting reports. Had Kelly been a first round draft choice, that incident in Denver wouldn’t have gotten him released. Roethlisberger’s career in Pittsburgh is loaded with off field chaos. The difference is Big Ben was a first round pick who had early success. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Where to start,,,

ray rice, cut

i can go on...

I NEVER ONCE SAID HE IS A TOP END TALENT. I said he has good tools and could’ve became a starter... Scouts agreed coming out but his off field issues were wayyy to big... HES A QB, the CEO and a knucklehead so he was takin off boards

he has been kicked out of 2 schools since 17.. did coke, been arrested and ran on a HS field and hit a player

Every player with the exception of franchise QB’s are viewed as at least somewhat disposable in today’s NFL. It’s much easier to release a big time running back than a franchise QB. NFL teams will always make the socially/culturally prudent move if they don’t fear it will hurt their bottom line/success too much. This is why Kareem Hunt is no longer a Chief, while Big Ben is the face of the Steelers and very popular among NFL fans. Look at a guy like Ray Rice. It really wasn’t daring for that team release a washed up running back. I didn’t see the same franchise release Ray Lewis. The amount of chances a player receives is directly related to their on field value. 

Edited by SirAndrew

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Every player with the exception of franchise QB’s are viewed as at least somewhat disposable in today’s NFL. It’s much easier to release a big time running back than a franchise QB. NFL teams will always make the socially/culturally prudent move if they don’t fear it will hurt their bottom line/success too much. This is why Kareem Hunt is no longer a Chief, while Big Ben is the face of the Steelers and very popular among NFL fans. 

I fully respect your point, but feel obliged to say Ben is not universally popular. I’m personally glad he’s not our QB. I suspect you get that. 

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Every player with the exception of franchise QB’s are viewed as at least somewhat disposable in today’s NFL. It’s much easier to release a big time running back than a franchise QB. NFL teams will always make the socially/culturally prudent move if they don’t fear it will hurt their bottom line/success too much. This is why Kareem Hunt is no longer a Chief, while Big Ben is the face of the Steelers and very popular among NFL fans. Look at a guy like Ray Rice. It really wasn’t daring for that team release a washed up running back. I didn’t see the same franchise release Ray Lewis. The amount of chances a player receives is directly related to their on field value. 

Franchise QBs would be let go if kept getting arrested 

as in multiple times 

Especially if they hit a HSr by running on a field 

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

as in multiple times 

Especially if they hit a HSr by running on a field 

But they DO get a little more rope, because they are so hard to find. Granted, a true Franchise QB probably has his head on right just to get there, so knucklehead activity is less likely to take place. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

But they DO get a little more rope, because they are so hard to find. Granted, a true Franchise QB probably has his head on right just to get there, so knucklehead activity is less likely to take place. 

That is very true

most big time QBs have their head on straight... MOST

NOT ALL

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Where to start,,,

ray rice, cut

i can go on...

They don't put people in prison for breaking/entering/sitting on a couch.

Kareem Hunt is on a new roster.  AP beat his kid's testicles bloody and he got a new team and just got a nice new contract.  Vick went right from prison back to the NFL.

Aldon Smith was arrested 6 times before he was finally out of the league.

As another pointed out, Ray Lewis abetted a killer and he's a HOFer.  

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

as in multiple times 

Well then, good thing Kelly will never be a franchise QB.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

They don't put people in prison for breaking/entering/sitting on a couch.

Kareem Hunt is on a new roster.  AP beat his kid's testicles bloody and he got a new team and just got a nice new contract.  Vick went right from prison back to the NFL.

Aldon Smith was arrested 6 times before he was finally out of the league.

As another pointed out, Ray Lewis abetted a killer and he's a HOFer.  

Well then, good thing Kelly will never be a franchise QB.

And kelly is still in the league... he’s not unemployed 

and u do get arrested for hitting a minor usually 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And kelly is still in the league... he’s not unemployed 

and u do get arrested for hitting a minor usually 

Even Jim Kelly washed his hands of this loser. 

AP got arrested but did no time.  The NFL was happy to have him back.

The NFL will always pardon awful behavior for superior talent.  Chad Kelly doesn't have that...

He's still in the league.  He will start his career with the Colts on suspension.  He won't beat our Jacoby Brissett for the backup anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The NFL will always pardon awful behavior for superior talent.  Chad Kelly doesn't have that...

no, no they won't.

8 minutes ago, Tcali said:

There is something not right about the Kelly boy.

yea. glad he's garnering such support.

"I'm going to go to my car and get my AK-47 and spray this place!" - C. Kelly