Will Chad Kelly Make it now that he has another shot with the Colts??

I feel like his time has passed.  It's a shame really.  Imagine if he had kept his head on straight and developed his game these past couple years.  It would be a long-shot for him to become what he could have been.

7 hours ago, McNubbins said:

I feel like his time has passed.  It's a shame really.  Imagine if he had kept his head on straight and developed his game these past couple years.  It would be a long-shot for him to become what he could have been.

Pissing away 2 years in the NFL and millions of dollars that he can never get back.  One of the interesting things about him is the way he comes back after major setbacks, be they of his own creation or not. 

He gets kicked off his high school team two consecutive years @ Red Lion followed by two record setting years at St. Joes.  Injured then kicked off the Clemson team, he wins an NJCC championship at Last Chance U.   Arrested after the Buffalo night club incident and putting his future in doubt, he leads Ol' Miss to their best season in 40+ years.  He blows out his knee, misses the Senior Bowl, gets disinvited from the NFL Combine, ruptures a wrist ligament shortly into his private workout, and gets drafted as Mr. Irrelevant.   After that disastrous 5 months, he manages to rehab and work himself into the #2 QB at Denver over the next 16.  Then came Halloween.

The altercation at the party was probably the angry, ready to fight the world version of Chad.  The trespassing incident was maybe knuckleheaded Chad, less ill-tempered but more legally and career damaging.  At least he did not fight the vacuum cleaner tube wielding homeowner or the police that arrested him.  Call that progress, I suppose.

Such a history of screwing up and then making a comeback of sorts.   Big personal flaws matched by a big drive to not give up and to work his way back.   I'd bet the Colts have clauses for random drug tests and regular counseling sessions in his contract as they supposedly have some sort of zero tolerance plan to keep him out of trouble.  I hope it works because I'd really like to see his story have a better ending than the one he'd otherwise have.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The altercation at the party was probably the angry, ready to fight the world version of Chad.  The trespassing incident was maybe knuckleheaded Chad, less ill-tempered but more legally and career damaging.  At least he did not fight the vacuum cleaner tube wielding homeowner or the police that arrested him.  Call that progress, I suppose.

It was all the same night---same Chad.  He fought with security at Von Miller's party and got tossed then wandered into someones house "mumbling incoherently" and took a vacuum pipe beating to the back.

The kid's a souse.  A sloppy lush.

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

..this whole Chad Kelly thing is ad nauseum.......only because of Jimbo......ranks right up there with breaking news about the Kardashians, "General Hospital", "All My Children" and Johnny Manziel......

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chadster with the Colts: "i'm up for the challenge"...."prove I'm dedicated"...."do whatever I have to"...

Chadster with the Broncos: ""I'm so thankful," he said. "I'm ready to get started as soon as possible.''..."I have confidence in the way that I handled myself and the way I prepare myself for football games. I think they're excited to get me, and I'm really excited to be a part of a great franchise.''

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Chadster with the Colts: "i'm up for the challenge"...."prove I'm dedicated"...."do whatever I have to"...

Chadster with the Broncos: ""I'm so thankful," he said. "I'm ready to get started as soon as possible.''..."I have confidence in the way that I handled myself and the way I prepare myself for football games. I think they're excited to get me, and I'm really excited to be a part of a great franchise.''

...Irsay's new "House Boy"...buzzin' together...who cares...........BUT....Kaep asked me to "kneel for Chad" anyway......

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

As for the Broncos, you forgot “it sucks (the vacuum)!”

• Haha (+1) 1