Will Chad Kelly Make it now that he has another shot with the Colts??

On 5/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not true.  That parody ‘Civil War journal’ he writes must be a bear to come up with, creatively.

That journal was hilarious 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/21/2019 at 9:44 AM, Freddie's Dead said:

If anyone could straighten this kid out, it would be Frank Reich.  

We can hope. As my wife often says, “when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”.  It’s on Chad to be ready. Praying that can happen, with or without football. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

We can hope. As my wife often says, “when the student is ready the teacher will appear”.  It’s on Chad to be ready. Praying that can happen, with or without football. 

A good thought.  I hope you are correct.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:51 PM, Buffalo716 said:

It was never a talent thing with Chad... it was a mental thing

i never wish harm on someone

i wish him the best and hopefully he has found some peace

For the most part, I agree. Except I don’t know a person who has a good thing to say about him from Buffalo.  He has been kicked off every team he has been on.  And that Ole Miss offense was gimmicky.  It is built to put up numbers.  And not to be mean, but Kelly isn’t exactly a rocket scientist.  

But it I do feel bad for him.  Dude had to really grind to make a decent life for himself.  He’s had nothing handed to himself and never threatened to shoot up a bar.  Good, misunderstood, blue collar guy.  12th chance is the charm. 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For the most part, I agree. Except I don’t know a person who has a good thing to say about him from Buffalo.  He has been kicked off every team he has been on.  And that Ole Miss offense was gimmicky.  It is built to put up numbers.  And not to be mean, but Kelly isn’t exactly a rocket scientist.  

But it I do feel bad for him.  Dude had to really grind to make a decent life for himself.  He’s had nothing handed to himself and never threatened to shoot up a bar.  Good, misunderstood, blue collar guy.  12th chance is the charm. 

He keeps getting chances because he is talented 

i dont think I ever called him a stand up guy either... but I’ve met him and he’s talented. That’s why he keeps getting shots

Watson and Mahomes and Newton played in gimmicky offenses too

its his arm talent that gets people noticed and his 3rd 4th chances.. He can sling the rock

I don’t wish ill on my worst enemies so I definitely wouldn’t wish it on Chad kelly 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He keeps getting chances because he is talented 

i dont think I ever called him a stand up guy either... but I’ve met him and he’s talented. That’s why he keeps getting shots

Watson and Mahomes and Newton played in gimmicky offenses too

its his arm talent that gets people noticed and his 3rd 4th chances.. He can sling the rock

I don’t wish ill on my worst enemies so I definitely wouldn’t wish it on Chad kelly 

He’s getting chances because he’s Jim Kelly’s nephew.  He was the last pick of the draft by Elway (who has been awful with evaluating qbs and is Kelly’s friend) and just got signed by Reich, Kelly’s friend.  I think his talent is completely overrated here because of his last name.

and I love people who can find redemption after screwing.  I freely admit I don’t root for guys who had everything handed to them and continuously blew it but keep getting chances because of their family or connections.  But that’s just my own bias haha.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s getting chances because he’s Jim Kelly’s nephew.  He was the last pick of the draft by Elway (who has been awful with evaluating qbs and is Kelly’s friend) and just got signed by Reich, Kelly’s friend.  I think his talent is completely overrated here because of his last name.

and I love people who can find redemption after screwing.  I freely admit I don’t root for guys who had everything handed to them and continuously blew it but keep getting chances because of their family or connections.  But that’s just my own bias haha.

And your bias won’t let you see his talent 

he was the last pick in the draft BECAUSE HE WAS KICKED OFF CLEMSON, THE BAR INCIDENT AND RUNNING ONTO A HS FIELD HIS LAST YEAR AT OLE MISS. PLUS A HOST OF OTHERS

His talent had him at elite 11 camp and offers from Alabama , Clemson and the like

He is a much better QB than Nathan Peterman and EJ Manuel and plenty on NFL rosters 

Well he has a great example of what happens when you do things the wrong way in Kellen Winslow Jr. & a great example in what happens when you do things the right way in his uncle we all just have to hope he has brains enough to notice the difference between the 2 !! 

On 5/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree. Most of this board seems to believe that Kelly is throwing away immense potential. Of course he has talent, otherwise he wouldn’t be an NFL QB. The issue is the fact that Bills fans overrate his talent. I don’t see any national media outlets comparing the Chad Kelly story to Todd Marinovich or Ryan Leaf.

No place outside of TBD is it universally agreed upon that Chad Kelly was destined to be an NFL great had he stayed out of trouble. Sure, he is physically gifted, but there was never a legit consensus that Kelly was the next great NFL QB. He’s just another NFL QB, aside from the fact that he keeps trying to destroy his own career. No one ever said he was the next Peyton Manning. TBD members are wearing “Bills goggles” when evaluating this dude. 

33 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree. Most of this board seems to believe that Kelly is throwing away immense potential. Of course he has talent, otherwise he wouldn’t be an NFL QB. The issue is the fact that Bills fans overrate his talent. I don’t see any national media outlets comparing the Chad Kelly story to Todd Marinovich or Ryan Leaf.

No place outside of TBD is it universally agreed upon that Chad Kelly was destined to be an NFL great had he stayed out of trouble. Sure, he is physically gifted, but there was never a legit consensus that Kelly was the next great NFL QB. He’s just another NFL QB, aside from the fact that he keeps trying to destroy his own career. No one ever said he was the next Peyton Manning. TBD members are wearing “Bills goggles” when evaluating this dude. 

I don’t think anybody ever said he is The “ next great QB”

just that he keeps getting shots because his talent...

IF he stayed clean he could’ve been an Andy Dalton type QB. 

Edited by Buffalo716

On 5/22/2019 at 6:48 PM, Buffalo716 said:

And your bias won’t let you see his talent 

he was the last pick in the draft BECAUSE HE WAS KICKED OFF CLEMSON, THE BAR INCIDENT AND RUNNING ONTO A HS FIELD HIS LAST YEAR AT OLE MISS. PLUS A HOST OF OTHERS

His talent had him at elite 11 camp and offers from Alabama , Clemson and the like

He is a much better QB than Nathan Peterman and EJ Manuel and plenty on NFL rosters 

He has shown nothing that he is better than EJ Manuel. EJ started and had more success at just as good of a school.

Half the stuff you say about Kelly due to his name, and having a HOF QB back you up and go at bat for you has everything to do with elite 11 camps or getting scholarship offers from schools that have like a 100 to give out. And countless kids who could be scholarship players at other schools rolling the dice by trying to break in at NFL factories. The scholarships mean nothing to these schools. If you don't cut it, they'll make your life miserable so you put in a transfer request and they can revoke it.

Kelly has accomplished nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He has shown nothing that he is better than EJ Manuel. EJ started and had more success at just as good of a school.

Half the stuff you say about Kelly due to his name, and having a HOF QB back you up and go at bat for you has everything to do with elite 11 camps or getting scholarship offers from schools that have like a 100 to give out. And countless kids who could be scholarship players at other schools rolling the dice by trying to break in at NFL factories. The scholarships mean nothing to these schools. If you don't cut it, they'll make your life miserable so you put in a transfer request and they can revoke it.

Kelly has accomplished nothing.

He is still on an nfl roster 

and he has more talent than everyone here...

you sound bitter

he helped beat Bama when he was at ole miss

i have no dog in the race. It’s LAUGHABLE to think he has no talent 

Edited by Buffalo716

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is still on an nfl roster 

and he has more talent than everyone here...

you sound bitter

he helped beat Bama when he was at ole miss

i have no dog in the race. It’s LAUGHABLE to think he has no talent 

Of course he is more talented at football than me.

I said he has done nothing to show he is better than EJ Manuel.

Bitter over what? I just don't like him. Your points of him being better than me and bitter are what you resort to when you can't really say anything meaningful in response. 

Of course Chad Kelly is a better QB than me. I can throw a pretty good ball with a nice spiral floating accurately like 10 or 15 yards. My arm is awful. Is that what you wanted to hear? 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Bitter over what? I just don't like him. Your points of him being better than me and bitter are what you resort to when you can't really say anything meaningful in response. 

Of course Chad Kelly is a better QB than me. I can throw a pretty good ball with a nice spiral floating accurately like 10 or 15 yards. My arm is awful. Is that what you wanted to hear? 

I don’t bash anybody. NOBODY is perfect... it’s clear you don’t like him... that’s why you can’t see his obvious talent 

he would’ve been a top 3 round pick if not for his antics ... he is still employed because he has talent ... it’s not a right to play in the league 

im not gonna wish Ill will on him

Edited by Buffalo716

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Ej has shown what he is. Not a good qb. Too often teams keep bad qbs on the roster just because they’re a guy.  Kelly has more upside than Manuel.