Will Chad Kelly Make it now that he has another shot with the Colts??

59 minutes ago, HT02 said:

No pressure playing being Luck right now.

Not true.  That parody ‘Civil War journal’ he writes must be a bear to come up with, creatively.

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Maybe with June Junes playing on the Houston team.

Well if June Jones is playing, they might be desperate enough to use Chad Kelly.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not true.  That parody ‘Civil War journal’ he writes must be a bear to come up with, creatively.

Well if June Jones is playing, they might be desperate enough to use Chad Kelly.

Squirrel oil? Intriguing. I've looking for a snake oil replacement to cure all that ails--this might be it! 

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If the Bills had signed him, many of his critics in this thread, would be proclaiming that "the kid deserves another chance", "look at the pedigree", "great arm", blah blah blah...

Exactly. Kind of of like the arguments thrown out in favor of getting Beane to sign Hunt before Cleveland did, or so many others along those lines. 

6 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I like Jacoby Brissett.  Sounds like Frank doing Jimbo a favor that's all.  

That's what I thought after the initial tryout. At this point, I have to assume Reich sees something in the kid. 

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

That is almost how I feel. I think that he does (or did) have NFL talent but he may have already squandered it.

In the thread about EJ, I made the point about how I still think that RJ was a mega talent who just could not produce at the NFL level and he really tried. With Kelly, my bet is that his opportunity came and went.

RJ was a first ballot 7 on 7 passing drill Hall of Famer.

• Like (+1) 1

I think if he can get it together mentally he has a good shot to be a backup QB in this league. It's not like he can't be some team's third string QB talent wise. But the issues have always been his mental ability to be a professional combined with some injury concerns. But I hope that he does well, I always hate to see someone squander talent due to off- the field concerns. 

• Like (+1) 1

Will always hope he gets it together.  He provided the kids, including my son, some really great moments at Kelly Camp.  He has done some really stupid things, all of which have served as good teaching moments for my son.  However, I have seen first hand the good he has done in the community.  We arent all saints, and the end game is a lot more important than the NFL.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Hell yeah!

Well, if you would pay your jaywalking and parking tickets, you wouldn’t have to get medieval on Bubba.

If you’re of the mindset, you do realize the subject matter deserves a thread over in OtW.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

QB Chad Kelly to face possible suspension after signing with Colts

Sarah Kezele-For The Win     

14 hrs ago

Chad Kelly is having one heck of a Monday. The quarterback signed with the Indianapolis Colts, putting him back on an NFL roster for the first time since October when the Denver Broncos cut him.

But Kelly is now facing the possibility of a suspension for the thing that got him cut in the first place: He was arrested on charges of first-degree criminal trespassing in the fall after he entered a stranger's home - uninvited - and then sat down on the couch next to the woman who lived there.

The incident occurred the same night of his then-teammate Von Miller's Halloween party so you can guess what went wrong there.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-qb-chad-kelly-to-face-possible-suspension-after-signing-with-colts/ar-AABE8PT?li=BBnbfcL

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy