Leonard Williams available for trade?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The Jets keep on drafting high-1st round DT's and keep on getting rid of them.

The Bills have a history of doing the same. You can't dump players or  fire everyone without effecting the stability of the franchise. Used to drive me crazy.

Hopefully those days are over...

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Darnold and Adams next! 

Actually - neither Gase or the future GM will have any ties to Darnold and will not have nearly the investment in his success as a regime that drafted him. Of course they will want him to develop because it should help lead to wins, but wins will likely be the priority over commitment to Darnold as the franchise. Don’t be shocked if he’s benched after a few picks or if they draft a QB next year . 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Jets keep on drafting high-1st round DT's and keep on getting rid of them.

Once upon a time you could say this about the Bills and CB's (Antoine Winfield, Nate Clements, . . .), except the Bills didn't get rid of them -- they played out their rookie contracts and then left.

Edited by Ennjay
typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I shook my head and was really pissed when the Jets drafted him. I thought he would be a devastating force with Wilkerson and Richardson. And to this point I must say I haven't been impressed with Leonard one bit. Average player who is nowhere near the monster status he was projected to be.

It’s almost as if drafting interior defensive linemen high in the first round isn’t the ticket to success in the modern NFL...

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s almost as if drafting interior defensive linemen high in the first round isn’t the ticket to success in the modern NFL...

Never said that and wouldn't go that far but he's definitely had an underwhelming career thus far.

46 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

And yet they draft another DT in the first round this year.....

BPA

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually - neither Gase or the future GM will have any ties to Darnold and will not have nearly the investment in his success as a regime that drafted him. Of course they will want him to develop because it should help lead to wins, but wins will likely be the priority over commitment to Darnold as the franchise. Don’t be shocked if he’s benched after a few picks or if they draft a QB next year . 

Yes I have been joking about it tongue in cheek, but Gase ruined Tannehill (not that he was great to begin with), who was there before he got to Miami. So I could see him and his new GM finding their own guy next year. 

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

eagles took fletcher cox at 12 and they won a superbowl.  look at the jets draft history. they've ignored other positions with their high picks.  this is where bpa gets you in trouble.  richardson, williams, nathan shepard in the third last year they had no second rounder, and quinnen this year.   doesn't help they've missed a lot of other places as well.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Darnold is an absolute stud. As a football fan, I hope they arent that stupid. 

As a Bills fan I hope they trade him as far away from the AFCE as possible

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Darnold is an absolute stud. As a football fan, I hope they arent that stupid. 

As a Bills fan I hope they trade him as far away from the AFCE as possible

If he plays like a stud they won’t move on, obviously. If he struggles though, as he did at times last year like most rookies do (and remember he’s learning a new offense and the OL is not strong) it will something to watch for sure. A regime that hand picked a QB and proceeded to build around him with their names fully attached to him will be far more invested in the player than one regime that did not. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is why it’s so stupid to look at the draft in a vacuum and not on the implications to the whole team.  Drafting Q Williams meant Leonard Williams is a Jet for at most another year.  

OR - it could be said they felt L. Williams was only there for 1 more year anyway and got his replacement- rather than a top quality DE like Allen.

The issue is where BPA meets need - meets long term planning.  

The firing of the GM and the new coaching staff just changed the equation for the Jets.

3 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Surprisingly (as I’m in the nyc market, and a rival fan) I’ve never paid much attention or heard much about him since he was drafted. Has he lived up to the hype as being the best player in that draft class?

No.  He's a solid run-stuffer.  A valuable contributor but not the stud we Jets fans had hoped.  But maybe playing with Quinnen will free him up a bit.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yes I have been joking about it tongue in cheek, but Gase ruined Tannehill (not that he was great to begin with), who was there before he got to Miami. So I could see him and his new GM finding their own guy next year. 

You and those who think like you (yes I know there are many but you're all dead wrong) have it backwards. Coaches don't ruin QBs.  Bad to mediocre QBs ruin coaches.  Tannehill wasn't much before, during, or after Gase.  The term coach-killer is appropriate for a QB, the term QB killer is not appropriate since no coach has ever destroyed the career of a good QB.  

Here's an example of a coach who tried to kill a QB: When Atlanta drafted Brett Favre Jerry Glanville wanted nothing to do with him.  In spite of Glanville's attempt to ruin him, Favre got traded & is now in the HOF.  No coach can ruin a QB no matter how hard he tries. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1