Leonard Williams available for trade?

Surprisingly (as I’m in the nyc market, and a rival fan) I’ve never paid much attention or heard much about him since he was drafted. Has he lived up to the hype as being the best player in that draft class?

Just now, Codyny13 said:

Surprisingly (as I’m in the nyc market, and a rival fan) I’ve never paid much attention or heard much about him since he was drafted. Has he lived up to the hype as being the best player in that draft class?

No not really. But he’s young and has a lot of potential still.

so their d line goes from absolute beastly to ok.  with our new o line we'd be running it down all day.  we don't have a need for him but they got a second i think for sheldon richardson.  someone will offer that

I shook my head and was really pissed when the Jets drafted him. I thought he would be a devastating force with Wilkerson and Richardson. And to this point I must say I haven't been impressed with Leonard one bit. Average player who is nowhere near the monster status he was projected to be.

He is a solid player. The Jets DT's haven't been their issue. Their issue has been the lack of talented  de's and cornerbacks. Which will coincidentally be a similar issue this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Jets keep on drafting high-1st round DT's and keep on getting rid of them.

It's kind of an issue when you are hyper focused on one position at the top of the draft.  They can't get them out of the rookie contract because of how much money it takes to resign them and it would be investing too much at one position.  Interestingly enough that is one position I think they can play a long time too

27 minutes ago, dje85 said:

He is a solid player. The Jets DT's haven't been their issue. Their issue has been the lack of talented  de's and cornerbacks. Which will coincidentally be a similar issue this year. 

And yet they draft another DT in the first round this year.....

This would be such a Jetsy thing to do.  And I predict they'll be thrilled with the 4th round pick they'd get for him, because no one will bid higher for a non-Pro Bowler you can get on your own terms when he's a FA after this year.

The first domino from the Quinnen Williams draft decision. Would have been better if they had traded L. Williams before the draft. A team like the Bills might have been interested. Now after 6 DTs went in the first round, Jets' compensation will be limited. I am not complaining.

There will be other trades the Jets make. There is no way the Jets go into the season with their current roster. Last thing Gase wants is for Maccagnan to get the credit if the Jets do well. Now if the Jets do well, he will take credit for the roster changes. If they dont, he will blame it on Maccagnan's roster build.

• Like (+1) 1