Favorite Summer Vacation Spot?

Just now, Zaso Art Designs said:

I really enjoy all the different shops they have, a lot of great restaurants, many great mini golf places, two great beaches, especially Million Dollar Beach. Their fireworks are awesome! I would love to live 10 minutes away from the village. The village has a lot to offer, a great tourist area. I'm looking forward to staying at the Holiday Inn Resort there. It looks amazing! 

Very cool!  Yeah, they have fireworks every Thursday night.  Traffic is such a nightmare.  We did Independence Day fireworks there once.  Never again, LOL.  Took 90 minutes to go 10 miles.

It is a nice little village.  My son and I walked around a couple summers ago one day.  There was a nice Mexican joint and the food was decent.  Not sure if it's still there.

Nightlife can be good, too.  King Neptune's has good entertainment, as does Duffy's.  DJ's is more of a dance club. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

What kinds of things do you do/see in Lake George that makes you love it so much?

As one who lives less than 10 minutes away, I rarely go to the village.  The lake, itself, is beautiful.  I'd just be interested to know the things you enjoy doing whilst visiting.

we didn't even stop in the village when we were there.  we did a ton of boating while there.  took the kids to some whacked out mini amusement park that they loved.  had dinner and drinks a few times at the sagamore.  i just drank most of the time.  it was wonderful.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

I really enjoy all the different shops they have, a lot of great restaurants, many great mini golf places, two great beaches, especially Million Dollar Beach. Their fireworks are awesome! I would love to live 10 minutes away from the village. The village has a lot to offer, a great tourist area. I'm looking forward to staying at the Holiday Inn Resort there. It looks amazing! 

Have you been to Lake George before? 

No, I have not.

I have always hated leaving WNY in the summer... no better weather spot in the United States than Western New York from May - October. We try and vacation during January, February, and March, for obvious reasons. <_<

Saying that, on one of our cross country drives (don't ask) my favorite place in the summer was in South Dakota. Absolutely loved the Black Hills. Someday, I hope to get back there. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

My son and I do an annual trip to Manhattan in the summer; usually late July/early August.  We normally do 3 nights.  We pick one new/touristy thing to do each year.  This year will be going to the Met to see their Play it Out Loud guitar exhibition.

Other than that, we like to get a Mets game in, do Times Square, go to the big food festival on the Ave. of Americas, hit a record store or two; always hit the two Guitar Centers; and we always walk by the Dakota to pay our respects to Mr. Lennon, as well as go to Strawberry Fields.

I think we might do Coney Island this year, too.  We've never been.

I offer him to do something new every year, but he loves the trips to the city.  So we'll keep doing them!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I always hated leaving WNY in the summer... no better weather spot in the United States than Western New York. We try and vacation during January, February, and March, for obvious reasons. <_<

Saying that, on one of our cross country drives (don't ask) my favorite place in the summer was in South Dakota. Absolutely loved the Black Hills. Someday, I hope to get back there. 

the summer and fall really are the best times to be here.  we don't leave the state when we travel during this time either.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The Wild Mouse misses you.

For me, its house-boating on Smith Mountain Lake, VA.

Never liked that one but the Comet was another story.  Great ride!

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

When did you Pass ?

I’m Impressed by your ghost ? 

lol

I faked my death to gain my fortune in a large policy payable in Bitcoin.

20 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Never liked that one but the Comet was another story.  Great ride!

I faked my death to gain my fortune in a large policy payable in Bitcoin.

The Comet is still going, its at The Great Escape in Queensbury NY...

1 minute ago, T&C said:

The Comet is still going, its at The Great Escape in Queensbury NY...

It's a painful ride.  My son refuses to ride it again.  I went on it alone last summer.  Brutal.  I don't remember it being that bad years ago ... but it is (to me) and I'm officially done with the Comet.

The comet was overrated.

Like the Texas saying.....all hat, no cattle.

The wild mouse was the real deal, and ski ball.....Who could forget ski ball?

Those summer nights..........

That aside, I still liked Sherkston better.

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My son and I do an annual trip to Manhattan in the summer; usually late July/early August.  We normally do 3 nights.  We pick one new/touristy thing to do each year.  This year will be going to the Met to see their Play it Out Loud guitar exhibition.

Other than that, we like to get a Mets game in, do Times Square, go to the big food festival on the Ave. of Americas, hit a record store or two; always hit the two Guitar Centers; and we always walk by the Dakota to pay our respects to Mr. Lennon, as well as go to Strawberry Fields.

I think we might do Coney Island this year, too.  We've never been.

I offer him to do something new every year, but he loves the trips to the city.  So we'll keep doing them!

July 4th is a great time to be in NYC. Hotels cheap as can be, all the locals head out of the city for the holiday, easy to eat where ever you want. 

We went a couple years years ago and they did the fireworks off a barge with Brooklyn BriDge as a backdrop. 

We watched from the park in Brooklyn on the river, was awesome. And subway was great to get back to midtown. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

Fish Creek camp grounds near Lake Placid in the Adirondacks. Every camp site is along the lake, with the mountains as the back drop. It's cheap and beautiful. Used to go camping at lake george every year, but much prefer the high peak region. 

Edited by Awwufelloff

My back yard ... A vacation to me is having two days off ... last time I had more than that was three years ago.

Vacation in my backyard I can drink a handle of Tito's with Tonic for less than Kirby paid for one drink in Vegas. I can also eat like a king with big ass steaks, Lobster tails and Crab legs. My next door neighbor downwind also doesn't mind when I fire up the Kush either which usually leads to shots of Tequila with him as well.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home lol

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Did you get to Badlands NP? It's like Mars there...........amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

Virginia beach used to be a yearly event for over 15 years.  But walking the boardwalk and going into every shop got boring for me so I talked the wiff to try a new place and we switched to the Outer Banks.  

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have always hated leaving WNY in the summer... no better weather spot in the United States than Western New York from May - October. We try and vacation during January, February, and March, for obvious reasons. <_<

Make that June, July and August.  85 and muggy is way better than 95 and muggy.