Favorite Summer Vacation Spot?

2 minutes ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

What is your favorite summer vacation spot and what summer trip do you have planned this year?

Mine is Lake George, NY. It's just a wonderful place to be. Will be going again this June. 

I really enjoyed old orchard beach, Maine, last summer.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I really enjoyed old orchard beach, Maine, last summer.

Heading to York Beach ME in a month which is just a bit south of there, but same general area.  Have wanted to go there for a long time.  I'm pretty excited.  Gonna eat a lot of lobster.

Edited by Mark80

1 minute ago, Mark80 said:

Heading to York Beach ME in a month which is just a bit south of there, but same general area.  Have wanted to go there for a long time.  I'm pretty excited.  Gonna eat a lot of lobster.

There's a tiny little sandwich shop outside OOB that makes fantastic lobster rolls and chicken salad sammiches. David's sub shop. Good stuff, great people.

• Like (+1) 1

We spend a ton of time in Sackets Harbor during the summer.  i love the thousand islands.  it's one of the few things that makes me pleased to live in ny.  we went to lake george a few years ago on a family vacation too, and it was fantastic.  we were there for a bit less than a week, and wished we had stayed longer.

48 minutes ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

What is your favorite summer vacation spot and what summer trip do you have planned this year?

Mine is Lake George, NY. It's just a wonderful place to be. Will be going again this June. 

What kinds of things do you do/see in Lake George that makes you love it so much?

As one who lives less than 10 minutes away, I rarely go to the village.  The lake, itself, is beautiful.  I'd just be interested to know the things you enjoy doing whilst visiting.

We’ve gone to Cape May, NJ for the past 20 years. On the southern tip of NJ. Where we stay is across the street from the Atlantic Ocean beach. Quiet place to relax without big crowds. Wildwood and its boardwalk with amusement and water parks is just a short drive north. And there’s actually a pizza place we found that has good pizza and wings.

• Like (+1) 1

We usually rent a house in Wells Beach, Maine every August.  Right in the middle of a few great beaches and loads of stuff to do for the kids.  I also love the cape, but haven’t been there since my first child was born.  I love the North Atlantic beaches in the summertime.

13 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

We’ve gone to Cape May, NJ for the past 20 years. On the southern tip of NJ. Where we stay is across the street from the Atlantic Ocean beach. Quiet place to relax without big crowds. Wildwood and its boardwalk with amusement and water parks is just a short drive north. And there’s actually a pizza place we found that has good pizza and wings.

If you can't find good pizza in South Jersey, you've got a problem. ;)

Welcome, by the way.

24 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If you can't find good pizza in South Jersey, you've got a problem. ;)

Welcome, by the way.

Did you just invite me to stay with you for a summer vacation?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zaso Art Designs said:

Last year was either Lake George or 1000 Islands.  We went with 1000 Islands and it was great.  This year hoping to do Lake George!

57 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What kinds of things do you do/see in Lake George that makes you love it so much?

As one who lives less than 10 minutes away, I rarely go to the village.  The lake, itself, is beautiful.  I'd just be interested to know the things you enjoy doing whilst visiting.

I really enjoy all the different shops they have, a lot of great restaurants, many great mini golf places, two great beaches, especially Million Dollar Beach. Their fireworks are awesome! I would love to live 10 minutes away from the village. The village has a lot to offer, a great tourist area. I'm looking forward to staying at the Holiday Inn Resort there. It looks amazing! 

4 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Last year was either Lake George or 1000 Islands.  We went with 1000 Islands and it was great.  This year hoping to do Lake George!

Have you been to Lake George before? 

Nerja in the south of Spain.

A beautiful town and not a resort. Four or five beaches to choose from. Multitude of restaurants many of them over-looking the Mediterranean Sea. 

Many families from the north of Spain go there to holiday. 

• Like (+1) 1