AFC west and nfc west in 2020 so possible game in Vegas

On 5/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, longtimebillsfan said:

I live in Las Vegas.   I will definitely be going to the Bills game in 2020.  The stadium construction is progressing nicely .  There has been no mention of any concern regarding the stadium not being ready for the 2020 season.

Thanks bud.  Sounds like it would be fun.  Hopefully we can tailgate as a group.

I wonder if going to a Raiders game in Vegas will be like going to a Jags game. More Bills fans in Jax than Jags fans considering weather relief and WNYers who have relocated. Vegas will play host to teams from all over, but how many actual Raiders fans do they have? This should be interesting. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I wonder if going to a Raiders game in Vegas will be like going to a Jags game. More Bills fans in Jax than Jags fans considering weather relief and WNYers who have relocated. Vegas will play host to teams from all over, but how many actual Raiders fans do they have? This should be interesting. 

There are an incredible number of raiders fans in Las Vegas.   I am sure many fans from Oakland will attend games in Vegas.   It is expected to be about 50/50 with Raiders fans and visiting team fans.  I just hope that is a safer and more welcoming environment for the visiting fans than it was in Oakland. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

There are an incredible number of raiders fans in Las Vegas.   I am sure many fans from Oakland will attend games in Vegas.   It is expected to be about 50/50 with Raiders fans and visiting team fans.  I just hope that is a safer and more welcoming environment for the visiting fans than it was in Oakland. 

Imagine if a Bills home game was expected to be 50% fans of the traveling team. I tried, but I can’t quite do it. Jags fans wish they could achieve 50/50. Vegas will be very interesting. 

16 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks bud.  Sounds like it would be fun.  Hopefully we can tailgate as a group.

Will the layout be possible for tailgating? We all know how the NFL is doing what they can to do away with it.

18 hours ago, Chilly said:

Specifically, the NFL Draft is going to be held at the new Caesars Conference Center being built near The LINQ.  Here's what the prototypes look like, they broke ground a while ago:  https://vitalvegas.com/caesars-entertainment-convention-center/ 

You know this to be true? I know the NFL won't make an official announcement for a few more months, but have other officials associated with this project have said so?

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Imagine if a Bills home game was expected to be 50% fans of the traveling team. I tried, but I can’t quite do it. Jags fans wish they could achieve 50/50. Vegas will be very interesting. 

It is going to be similar to the Golden Knights.   The local fans are loud, but there is always a large visiting team contingent.

7 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It is going to be similar to the Golden Knights.   The local fans are loud, but there is always a large visiting team contingent.

I’m sure that’s a good comp, but with only 16 football games, I suspect the NFL travels a bit better. It will be interesting to see. I hope you enjoy the new entertainment option when it arrives! We have friends who live there and they were very excited to have hockey arrive.

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sure that’s a good comp, but with only 16 football games, I suspect the NFL travels a bit better. It will be interesting to see. I hope you enjoy the new entertainment option when it arrives! We have friends who live there and they were very excited to have hockey arrive.

I have to say I have gotten into to VGK.  They are such a great story.  I am glad the NFL will be in Las Vegas,  but I will never be a Raiders fan. Never, never, never.

5 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have to say I have gotten into to VGK.  They are such a great story.  I am glad the NFL will be in Las Vegas,  but I will never be a Raiders fan. Never, never, never.

I had a BLAST at Pred’s games in Nashville. A great hockey environment is hard to beat!