Cian Fahey Advocates Starting Tyrod Taylor for 5 Games To “Rest” Phillip Rivers

8 hours ago, wppete said:

Who the F is Cian?!?!? 

A crayon between ‘ultramarine’ and ‘turquoise’.  You have to buy the big set (64 or 128) to get it.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
My rods and cones were all screwed up!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Everyone’s favorite ex-ESPN personality turned Patreon NFL analyst beggar Cian “The King Of Twitter Blocking” Fahey has always been a huge fan and defender of Tyrod Taylor as QB.  

Earlier today he suggested that San Diego should start Taylor over Phillip Rivers for the first 5 games of the season.  His argument is that Rivers arm needs rest and that he fails toward the end of the season because his arm is tired.  

Needless to say he’s getting roasted online and I’m sure he’s blocking a lot of people who disagree:

Very out of the box thinking. It is a fact that Rivers sucks late season.And Lynn brought out the best in TT and appears to have some confidence in his abilities.

But this idea will likely never be implemented since NFL mindset is different. You just don’t change starters midstream. 

But why do something so drastic? Typically, any kind of minutes restriction in the NFL will not work like in the NBA since each game and possession are so important and you want your best players out there. But at least there is some precedence.  I remember the Steelers used Kordell Stewart in such a role a couple of decades ago with some success. Can you achieve the same end by utilizing TT in short yardage situations throughout the year?

A relatively small fraction of the wear is “in game” usage. I suspect the reps through OTAs, TC, practice and preseason will all add up. Having TT split reps with PR without challenging the latter’s starter status appears to be a way to better implement the idea of limiting wear on PR.

32 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Hey i love american football making strides across the pond as much as anyone but Cian is not on one here. That’s just stupid.

Can I just clarify that he is Irish? I don't want to be lumped in with him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This take is kind of bad - It's as if there could be no bearing on the opposition or the talent around him for things to change.  The fact that the chargers played the number 1 defense in football yardage wise... would have nothing to do with an increased percentage in interceptable passes, or a decrease in deep completion percentage.  Or the fact that the week 17 game was basically meaningless as the chiefs were playing the raiders....

Also - deep completion percentage requires ya know... people to catch the balls.

Tyrod is what you want when you care about completion percentage and QBR more than every other stat.  People who look at stats more than football think he’s capable. 

Josh is what you want when you care about first downs and winning more than any other stat.  People who watch football more than stats think he’s capable with a chance to be really special. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Tyrod is what you want when you care about completion percentage and QBR more than every other stat.  People who look at stats more than football think he’s capable. 

Josh is what you want when you care about first downs and winning more than any other stat.  People who DON'T watch BUFFALO BILLS football more than stats think he’s capable with a chance to be really special. 

FIFY

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

It is amazing to me that there are still people around who think Tyrol is a quality starter.

amen brother 

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Cian Fahey has hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, the absolute WORST football takes anywhere on social media. And to make matters worse, he's absolutely confident in his opinions to the point of extreme arrogance, and air of moral superiority, and a habit of mocking and blocking anyone who dares to disagree with him.

He is an absolute clown shoe.

He seems to think all his film reviews and number crunching make him infallible, but he's not. This instance is proof he either doesn't know what he's talking about, or has just drummed up some BS to get his name out there in discussions. I dunno if he's familiar with the super simple, age-old formula that you put your best 11 on the field each game, and the best quarterback on LA's roster is.... Phillip Rivers, surprise, surprise. So he'll be starting (obviously) and this nimrod will hopefully fade into oblivion sooner rather than later.