Cian Fahey Advocates Starting Tyrod Taylor for 5 Games To “Rest” Phillip Rivers

Everyone’s favorite ex-ESPN personality turned Patreon NFL analyst beggar Cian “The King Of Twitter Blocking” Fahey has always been a huge fan and defender of Tyrod Taylor as QB.  

Earlier today he suggested that San Diego should start Taylor over Phillip Rivers for the first 5 games of the season.  His argument is that Rivers arm needs rest and that he fails toward the end of the season because his arm is tired.  

Needless to say he’s getting roasted online and I’m sure he’s blocking a lot of people who disagree:

Edited by Phil The Thrill
  • Haha (+1) 6

I guess if they want to go anywhere from 0-5 to 2-3 that's just a ducky idea. Plus in the fyi department, coastal erosion is moving wayyyy faster recently. 

Edited by BubbaT
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Everyone’s favorite ex-ESPN personality turned Patreon NFL analyst beggar Cian “The King Of Twitter Blocking” Fahey has always been a huge fan and defender of Tyrod Taylor as QB.  

Earlier today he suggested that San Diego should start Taylor over Phillip Rivers for the first 5 games of the season.  His argument is that Rivers arm needs rest and that he fails toward the end of the season because his arm is tired.  

Needless to say he’s getting roasted online and I’m sure he’s blocking a lot of people who disagree:

Sometimes I appreciate folks who bring great info to the board off of twitter.

Then there's this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'd like to see where he was playing those games in weeks 15, 16 and 17.  Theres a good chance that many of those games could've been road games in inclimate weather which would explain his slip in stats.  Rivers has always been a poor mudder (to use a horse term) in bad weather.  His relative lack of arm strength, especially later in his career, can really tear its ugly head in bad weather.

Cian is a guy I actually followed on twitter a few years back.  He was a frequent guest on WGR and I liked some of his points.  That all changed after I started following him.  He seemed to me to be someone that lives to argue with people.  Many times when his arguments were soundly beat he would refuse to concede, and many times his trump card was inserting race into the topic.

Tyrod seemed to be the test study that he refused to admit he was wrong on.  When all else fails he calls the NFL, the GMs and the fans racist for not giving Tyrod a chance.  It was tiring, inaccurate and pathetic.  Unfollowing him was a no brainer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Or, just trade for Eli Manning and play him exclusively in the playoffs (or Nick Foles). 

I always thought the most untapped, Super Bowl winning potential in NFL history was a team with Peyton Manning as the regular season QB, and Eli Manning as the playoff QB. Go 14-2 every year and then win the big games when they count!

Cian Fahey has hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, the absolute WORST football takes anywhere on social media. And to make matters worse, he's absolutely confident in his opinions to the point of extreme arrogance, and air of moral superiority, and a habit of mocking and blocking anyone who dares to disagree with him.

He is an absolute clown shoe.

Good to see at least one person still believes Tyrod can be a starter.

Heck, he's a good backup, but to suggest it is a good idea to sit a franchise QB in favor of him is just amazingly hilarious. I'm sure that would go over well with Rivers and his teammates.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sometimes I appreciate folks who bring great info to the board off of twitter.

Then there's this.

I feel same thing about people who quote.  Sometimes it is useful but when it is very, very long and on same page not so much.