HMO: Crazy Trade Idea for the Allen Naysayers

Gugny

Okay ... hear me out.  This is NOT something I would want.  I love Josh Allen and I think he's the real deal.

BUT ... for those who have their panties in a bunch about his sub-60% completion percentage, what about this trade ...

Dawson Knox, LeSean McCoy and our 2020 second round pick to Philly for Carson Wentz.

Knox clearly has some sort of issue with playing for the Bills.  McCoy could go home and use whatever he has left in the tank with the Eagles.

Eagles could ride with Sudfeld and not have to worry about Wentz having another abbreviated season.

And the Bills could get a guy in Wentz, who has been MVP caliber when healthy.  It would be a serious risk, but the reward potential is high.

Again ... I'm not for this.  I like that we have Allen.  Just wondering what the Allen haters would think about something like this.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

23 3rd round picks are unsigned.  Normal occurrence. Knox is not a problem. 

Didnt know that. Do you happen to know if someone is not signing which is holding those drafted after him from signing?

My understanding is that rookies don't have much leverage in negotiations now.

I prefaced by saying this isn't what I want, nor do I recommend.

My purpose is to see what the Allen haters would think about it.  This isn't a troll thread.

And I also DO believe that Knox is just a diva problem waiting to happen.  So there's that.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

My purpose is to see what the Allen haters would think about it.  This isn't a troll thread.

And I also DO believe that Knox is just a diva problem waiting to happen.  So there's that.

Gugny, you technically prefaced by Hear me out.... We all know how that ends , even as we type hear me out, be it as it may, what we say sounds like sucn a great idea at the time in our brains.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Knox was a 3rd rounder, he's not Hernandez... Late rounders can't get away with being divas. Doubt he'd be drafted if he didn't pass the process... Sure it's some kind of contractual hangup

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Didnt know that. Do you happen to know if someone is not signing which is holding those drafted after him from signing?

My understanding is that rookies don't have much leverage in negotiations now.

For some strange reason, 3rd/4th round picks have been the last players to sign every year. There is some weird contract transition there between early vs late draftees that gives some room for negotiation.

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If the guys a diva I don't think he has shown enough where he'll last in the league long.