Greatest Comeback Game Ball at Albright Knox Art Gallery.

So I went there today to check out the Ralph Monet Exhibit with my family and they have this room with a video of Mary Wilson talking about his life on a video and a wall size time line with snippets of significant moments of his life like his first Lions game with his Dad to when he joined the Navy and after and when he was part of the foolish club that started the AFL...

And so I'm reading the wall and talking to a fellow there... I get to the other side where on the plaque I read '09 Hall of fame signed  Bills helmet and Greatest Comeback in NFL history game ball... I'll tell you even if you're not a fan of art it is something else to see that ball in person. I remember my dad taped that game on VHS and I watched it like 10 times just of that tape when I was a kid... Pretty cool... just wanted to share... Go Bills!

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, akcash said:

So I went there today to check out the Ralph Monet Exhibit with my family and they have this room with a video of Mary Wilson talking about his life on a video and a wall size time line with snippets of significant moments of his life like his first Lions game with his Dad to when he joined the Navy and after and when he was part of the foolish club that started the AFL...

And so I'm reading the wall and talking to a fellow there... I get to the other side where on the plaque I read '09 Hall of fame signed  Bills helmet and Greatest Comeback in NFL history game ball... I'll tell you even if you're not a fan of art it is something else to see that ball in person. I remember my dad taped that game on VHS and I watched it like 10 times just of that tape when I was a kid... Pretty cool... just wanted to share... Go Bills!

Sounds cool.  I will go

What I remember WELL besides that SICK comeback, is watching all the smiling and dancing ( on the sidelines) when they thought the game was over , and then it was like someone bi|%# slapped all those smiles of their faces that was PRICELESS!!!!!

Those teams of the 90's for the Bills had a lot of things that they did that quite possibly will never be duplicated & that game could very easily be one of them, all them other teams fans give us Bills fans S**t about going to the big game 4 times & not winning but i don't believe that will ever happen either !

But when they talk about that they never say that they were AFC Champs 4 years in a row & whooped up on our division for most of that teams existence with those players they just focus on the negative !! 

I for one will stick by our Bills till the end good, bad, or indifferent !! 

• Like (+1) 1

Good story. Thanks for sharing OP. Is the Monet exhibit just a short term loan?

I, too, taped the game -from a bootleg feed in Dansville. Son & I were playing a little street hockey during halftime. He heads in and comes back out saying ‘it’s now 35-7, should I shut off the vcr?’ Nah, I replied, I guess it’s our comeuppance for 51-3.. 

Well, that situation changed quickly! So glad I still have it recorded!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/19/2019 at 10:36 PM, Rocket94 said:

That's one of those days that we all remember where we were!

You know this sounds kind of trite and it's something usually said in connection with things like the Kennedy assassination, but it really is true.

I not only will forever remember where I was and the details of viewing the game (I was in a huge crowded bar with hundreds of people watching live), but what I remember more is the weird feeling of camaraderie and brotherhood felt at the end of the game when the comeback was complete.  

Everyone was extremely open and emotional and I was high fiving and hugging complete strangers and everyone was on the same page--it was a rare moment of total bliss I would say for everyone in the room.

• Like (+1) 1

I lived out of state for the game so I had friends on the phone who basically were calling me every 5 minutes asking about this play or that play. I went to get a sub at half and came back just when it went to 35-3 and almost stopped watching the game.  Eventually my VHS copy turned out to be one hot commodity... 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:45 PM, Rocket94 said:

Those were fun years. We expected the Bills to win every week!

i didn't for one second think it was over

it was a blackout so Van Miller called the action on the radio for me

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You know this sounds kind of trite and it's something usually said in connection with things like the Kennedy assassination, but it really is true.

I not only will forever remember where I was and the details of viewing the game (I was in a huge crowded bar with hundreds of people watching live), but what I remember more is the weird feeling of camaraderie and brotherhood felt at the end of the game when the comeback was complete.  

Everyone was extremely open and emotional and I was high fiving and hugging complete strangers and everyone was on the same page--it was a rare moment of total bliss I would say for everyone in the room.

I agree...I was going to mention how it ranks with JFK! At least to Bills fans! 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Seattle airport .... some guy in a bar told me the Bills won and I thought he was being cruel.

I was at a house party. The beer was flowing and as we know, things went sideways in a hurry. Someone turned the game off and when we checked back later it was of course: Pandemonium!