NFL Bills QB Josh Allen discusses why he rarely threw into tight coverages in the 2018 season

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I keep a batch in the cellar ( kool aid )
 Distill it myself. sipping a snort back once and again never hurt no body.
Allen may be the one to turn this offense. like Lorenzo Hyde White have on the other side

...hopefully not the "Jim Jones kind"...TOMORROW is NOT an option.......:thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The player with no more excuses this year IMHO is Zay Jones.

1st season: played with injury

2nd season: missed OTAs and part of training camp after surgery for injury, 4-QB carousel

3rd season: healthy, says he has added lean weight and is ready to bring it

Did he ever make an excuse ?

I just do not understand why people are so ridiculously impatient with Zay. WR's take time, and Zay hasn't has much benefit of a good team around him since day 1. Not worried we saw what Jay can do towards end of last season I really only expect things to improve fro there

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ddaryl said:

Did he ever make an excuse ?

No, he didn't - I didn't mean to imply that.  But some of us are tagged with making excuses for him, when others say "he sucks"

Just now, ddaryl said:

I just do not understand why people are so ridiculously impatient with Zay. WR's take time, and Zay hasn't has much benefit of a good team around him since day 1. Not worried we saw what Jay can do towards end of last season I really only expect things to improve fro there

Well, you kind of answered your own question as to why people are ridiculously impatient.  Sometimes WR don't take time, especially when they do have the benefit of a good team around them!  For example, Juju Smith-Schuster hauled in 73% of his targets for 917 yds in 14 games as a rookie.  New-to-us WR John Brown hauled in 65% of his targets for 1003 yds in 15 games in his 2nd year.

Both those guys had great, mature QB throwing to them, and legit #1 WR across from them drawing the coverage eg "a good team around them", which Zay Jones has not.

Nevertheless, whatever the reasons (or excuses), he has under-performed expectations for a high 2nd round pick, and in his 3rd year, being the 2nd year for the QB and the offensive system, he does need to take a step.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nevertheless, whatever the reasons (or excuses), he has under-performed expectations for a high 2nd round pick, and in his 3rd year, being the 2nd year for the QB and the offensive system, he does need to take a step.

Not worried I think we saw what Zay can become late last season.. Add in the OL and RB upgrades and a 2nd year Josh.. yeah there are no excuses to be had. He needs ot stay healthy and play all 16

Josh Allen aims to improve accuracy during offseason

“Consistently, delivering the ball where it needs to be. Ball placement is huge, especially in this league,” Allen said. “That is something that will never change, you always want to try to work on ball placement. Every day you come out, it’s kind of a new thing and sometimes the ball comes out of your hand a little bit differently. You have to make adjustments and understand what your body is trying to tell you and try to go with it.”

“Just trying to get the ball to the playmakers because we can’t do anything if they don’t have the ball in their hands,” he added.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/23/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-aims-to-improve-accuracy-during-offseason/

Edited by HOUSE