Players to watch at the Bills OTAs --- Wrap up thus far

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My prediction for the first starting alignment is:

Dawkins - Ducasse - Morse - Long - Ford

I think every Bills fan threw up in their mouths seeing the name Ducasse on that list.

Hell, if Ducasse even makes the team I think every Bills fan will get physically ill.

They brought in all these new OLmen just so they can keep Ducasse? Ain't happening. Unless there are injuries, of course.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My prediction for the first starting alignment is:

Dawkins - Ducasse - Morse - Long - Ford

No way. 

I’m going to bite the hook on this one. If Wyatt Teller and Quinton Spain aren’t out there as the starting G’s, then I’ll be very confused. 

If Vlad Ducasse is on this roster past Thursday, I’ll be disappointed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Watch Allen and his accuracy on timing routes with his new receivers.

Laugh but I want to see the punting competition.  I am a big fan of Cory Bojorquez

Yes, to the top line.

Ok, to the 2nd line; BWAHAHAHAHAHA!?

5 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I personally am 100% certain he’s getting paid. I think that his on field contributions will be greater this year & his off field locker room contributions are big. 

I wouldn't even be surprised, if he looks good in camp, for the front office to extend him and restructure deal so he gets less, but stays at least one more year and most likely two to end his careers here. His fitness level hasn't dropped as much as some think.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Ducasse?

For the first starting alignment tomorrow, sure. I'm guessing they will give the veterans first go at it, other than Ford since they see him as a 1st round talent. Wouldn't surprise me to see Feliciano there instead and I'm thinking Spain will end up starting there when all is said and done.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

For the first starting alignment tomorrow, sure. I'm guessing they will give the veterans first go at it, other than Ford since they see him as a 1st round talent. Wouldn't surprise me to see Feliciano there instead and I'm thinking Spain will end up starting there when all is said and done.

I think Vlad will literally get the first rep to show everyone has to earn it....but Spain will be there before the day is out.

Spain i a very good player....Morse might have been our top off season aquisition....but Spain is in my opinion....underrated

I'm still more interested in Allen than anyone else. As he said in a recent presser, this is still all new ground to him. This time last season he was the fresh fish who had guys taking snaps ahead of him. This year it's his team 100%. As this offseason process goes on I'm keen to see how he takes control of the offense and how he does being first in the pecking order.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

My prediction:

Nsekhe - Spain - Morse - Feliciano - Ford

(That's right, I said it. Dawkins doesn't start.)

ok but dawkins at lg. spain was a fa cast off. it wan't like he was a tag able lineman.  nseke/dawkins/morse/ long and ford. that's where my money is....although i could see teller taking the rg spot.  i think teller will be our undertaker on the dline though....wait and see....

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I think he was just saying this will be the FIRST alignment. Beane has shown a history of allowing his tenured players get the first crack at starting reps, even if only for a series or two. It's sort of a gesture of respect and acknowledgement. Along those lines, I might agree with the idea except with Teller in place of Ducasse, since that's who ended last season as the starter at LG.

When it's all said and done, my prediction is Dawkins - Teller - Morse - Long - Ford, with Nsekhe as the swing tackle and Feliciano backing up the interior.

I get that...but Teller beating out Spain is highly unlikely. Spain is a beast, and without him starting alongside Dawkins, Dawkins himself may be on the move, and that just seems like an awful lot of change IMO. 

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

ok but dawkins at lg. spain was a fa cast off. it wan't like he was a tag able lineman.  nseke/dawkins/morse/ long and ford. that's where my money is....although i could see teller taking the rg spot.  i think teller will be our undertaker on the dline though....wait and see....

If Spain was an untaggable cast off, what makes you think Nsehke is gonna beat out a 2nd round pick who played good as a rookie, and "ok" as a sophomore...without a probowler lined up next to him? I think that's EXACTLY why they brought in Spain

15 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I get that...but Teller beating out Spain is highly unlikely. Spain is a beast, and without him starting alongside Dawkins, Dawkins himself may be on the move, and that just seems like an awful lot of change IMO. 

If Spain was an untaggable cast off, what makes you think Nsehke is gonna beat out a 2nd round pick who played good as a rookie, and "ok" as a sophomore...without a probowler lined up next to him? I think that's EXACTLY why they brought in Spain

because they paid nseke big bucks and he has proven he can play lt. if it benefits the team to move dion inside, so be it for now.  at least one or two of these guys aren't gonna make the final cut. nseke and dawkins ain't it. the only question is whose gonna play rg...imo

3 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

No way. 

I’m going to bite the hook on this one. If Wyatt Teller and Quinton Spain aren’t out there as the starting G’s, then I’ll be very confused. 

If Vlad Ducasse is on this roster past Thursday, I’ll be disappointed. 

Then, prepare to be disappointed. This is only the first set of OTA's, I don't think the Bills are looking to cut any players right now.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

This is when we get to see our first glimpses of the unknown players, who we haven't seen in an NFL game before.  Last year was all about Allen - remember the video with the sound of the ball flying through the air?  This year we don't have that one guy that everyone wants to see.  Here are my thoughts heading into OTA's

• Since OTA's are non-contact, our top two rookies (Oliver and Ford) will have a hard time making headlines.
  • Singletary and Christian Wade will be fun to watch.  They are both shifty and elusive and should break some plays in the flag football world of OTA's
  • How soon can Allen build chemistry with Brown and Beasley?
  • Can Duke Williams and David Sills V make enough plays to crack the roster or even the practice squad?
  • What are the Offensive line combinations to open camp?  There are so many possibilities, it will be nice to see where the coaches start them.

One step closer to real football.  

I think Duke Williams & David Sills V, have a realistic shot to make the 53 man roster.

Robert Foster, Zay Jones, John Brown & Cole Beasley are the only WR's I see as locks to make the team. Probably Andre Roberts too since he is a KR. After that there are 2-3 spots at the WR position that are wide open.

Edited by Mark Vader

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

because they paid nseke big bucks and he has proven he can play lt. if it benefits the team to move dion inside, so be it for now.  at least one or two of these guys aren't gonna make the final cut. nseke and dawkins ain't it. the only question is whose gonna play rg...imo

I hear ya...but, Nsehke has proven in this league that he can play? More so than Spain?? Not true. Ty is our swing tackle. No more, no less