Players to watch at the Bills OTAs --- Wrap up thus far

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Is this still strength and conditioning work or are players allowed on the field with coaches?

The collective bargaining agreement allows each team 10 OTA sessions over the next few weeks which lead into mandatory minicamp. In the OTAs, for the first time, teams can run 7-on-7 drills, 9-on-7 drills (run game) and full team 11-on-11 sessions. There are no pads worn, and no contact allowed.

But for skill position players, and for the passing game overall, OTAs provide a good look at personnel and personnel packages for the coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Is this going to be the thread for OTA updates, or will there be a separate one? 

Any news I find I'll dump here 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

He literally said FIRST starting alignment. He means the very first way they line up at OTAs.

I'm already regretting that post. If I had to predict where it scruslly ends up I'd go:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Teller - Ford

Teller is my bold prediction to start.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bigger-and-stronger-wide-receiver-zay-jones-is-primed-to-build-his-game-this-spr

Bigger and stronger: Wide receiver Zay Jones is primed to build his game this spring

When OTAs begin on Monday, there will be a different look to Zay Jones.

He will appear bigger and stronger because he’s added eight to 10 pounds of lean muscle mass to his upper body. Perhaps even more important than that, he’ll be healthy and a full participant. Neither of those things could be said at this time about Jones last year.

Not that it stopped the receiver from making noticeable progress in 2018 after an up and down rookie season.

Last season, Jones very quietly led the team in receptions (56) and receiving yards (652). He also led the team in receiving touchdowns with seven, which was more than double that of his next closest pursuer (Robert Foster – 3). And five of those touchdowns came in the last five games of the season when the on-field rapport between Jones and Josh Allen began to blossom.

(Was this a thread of its own? )

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

biggest questions for Buffalo Bills entering OTAs

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/8-biggest-questions-for-buffalo-bills-entering-otas.html

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Which position battles should you be tracking?

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-otas-2019-what-position-battles-should-you-be-tracking.html

By Matt Parrino | mparrino@nyup.com

Beane signed free agent swing tackle Ty Nsekhe, who played four seasons in Washington, to a two-year deal worth $10 million ($6.2 million guaranteed).

That’s the second-most guaranteed money of any offensive linemen on the team behind new franchise center Mitch Morse, who inked a four-year deal worth $44.5 million (with $26.175 guaranteed).

Nsekhe is in play for one of the starting tackle spots and if you search on social media for some of his highlights you’ll come across some dominant plays against Houston star EDGE Jadeveon Clowney. He could be arguably the best tackle on the Bills roster.

The Bills see rookie Cody Ford as a right tackle even though some experts say he might be better and more dominant at guard. That means that Ford is likely going to be your opening day starter at right tackle if he flashes even in the slightest in training camp and preseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm already regretting that post. If I had to predict where it scruslly ends up I'd go:

Dawkins - Spain - Morse - Teller - Ford

Teller is my bold prediction to start.

I'm with you on Teller, and have been wondering if he's capable of switching from the left to the right side. I DON'T believe the coaches are just going to give up on him after one season in which he showed some serious promise. HOWEVER, Spain has played LG his whole career, and I think that the coaches would like to have Spencer Long be the versatile interior swing backup, in an ideal world. As such, having Spain and Feliciano battle at LG and Teller and Boettger battle at RG might be the best way to go. Also, while Teller is my bold prediction to start as well, Spain is my bold prediction to be cut. 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

biggest questions for Buffalo Bills entering OTAs

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/8-biggest-questions-for-buffalo-bills-entering-otas.html

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Which position battles should you be tracking?

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-otas-2019-what-position-battles-should-you-be-tracking.html

By Matt Parrino | mparrino@nyup.com

Beane signed free agent swing tackle Ty Nsekhe, who played four seasons in Washington, to a two-year deal worth $10 million ($6.2 million guaranteed).

That’s the second-most guaranteed money of any offensive linemen on the team behind new franchise center Mitch Morse, who inked a four-year deal worth $44.5 million (with $26.175 guaranteed).

Nsekhe is in play for one of the starting tackle spots and if you search on social media for some of his highlights you’ll come across some dominant plays against Houston star EDGE Jadeveon Clowney. He could be arguably the best tackle on the Bills roster.

The Bills see rookie Cody Ford as a right tackle even though some experts say he might be better and more dominant at guard. That means that Ford is likely going to be your opening day starter at right tackle if he flashes even in the slightest in training camp and preseason.

Not exactly bold, but LT Nsekhe, LG Dawkins, C Morse, competition at RG, and Ford at RT looks like a really solid OL.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Can’t say. Maybe after.  Gruden frequently  talks to the press 

They were definitely there. They all reported on the Foster injury at the same time because they saw him go down. I also saw video of Haskins. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-what-s-the-biggest-question-for-bills-heading-into-otas

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 05:00 AM

Bills Today: What's the biggest question for Bills heading into OTAs?

hgov2po1lvfcydejrpcq.jpg

Yesterdays news headlines today.   I really dislike the Bills Operated News releases.  Always behind 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were definitely there. They all reported on the Foster injury at the same time because they saw him go down. I also saw video of Haskins. 

DOH ...  I took it as a question and not a statement.  

• Like (+1) 1