Players to watch at the Bills OTAs --- Wrap up thus far

25 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think Nsekhe was brought in to push Dawkins but ultimately have the same role as he has in DC as a backup swing OT. He could push for the RT job too yet think that Ford ends up starting. He's my top 5

Dawkins Spain Morse Long Ford

I don't know about that    --  fully  

Nsekhe was brought in to start.  Pushing Dawkins is a possibility but not as the primary reason imo 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Guard pecking order would be as follows:

1- Dawkins (if he moves to OG)

2- Ford (if he moves to OG)

3-Spain

4- Long

5- Feliciano

6- Teller

7- Empty garbage can

8- Ducasse

0% chance Ducasse makes the team. Any reps he takes in OTAs are wasted opportunities the new guys should be taking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't know about that    --  fully  

Nsekhe was brought in to start.  Pushing Dawkins is a possibility but not as the primary reason imo 

I also think Ford might need a minute before becoming RT full time.  I think Ford will start at RG and will move to RT either next year or the following.  Nsekhe is a short term starter imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I think the Guard pecking order would be as follows:

1- Dawkins (if he moves to OG)

2- Ford (if he moves to OG)

3-Spain

4- Long

5- Feliciano

6- Teller

7- Empty garbage can

8- Ducasse

0% chance Ducasse makes the team. Any reps he takes in OTAs are wasted opportunities the new guys should be taking.

If Ford is as good as I've heard through multiple outlets, then I think he's a day one starter 

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I also think Ford might need a minute before becoming RT full time.  I think Ford will start at RG and will move to RT either next year or the following.  Nsekhe is a short term starter imo.

Most of the O Line FA's are quick fixes.  I also think they could stay longer if the Bills O Line does really well across the board.

16 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

because they paid nseke big bucks and he has proven he can play lt. if it benefits the team to move dion inside, so be it for now.  at least one or two of these guys aren't gonna make the final cut. nseke and dawkins ain't it. the only question is whose gonna play rg...imo

The great thing with this regime is that the best players will play and salaries, draft status and who is dating the owners daughter is irrelevant.

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Had a dream that the season was here. First play from scrimmage Darnold fumbles the snap, Poyer picks it up and takes it to the house. Allen finishes the Jets game with something like 20/31, 274, 2td’s. 65% completion. We blow them out.

it was vivid. It was good. And now I want football damn it. 

Adam Gase gets fired and Greggo is promoted to GM.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This isn't something left for the fans to infer, either.  McDermott was quite explicit in saying "it isn't football until the pads go on in training camp" or words to that effect.

At this point, they're assessing overall work ethic, effort on the field, and ability to learn the plays and be coachable.  They're not going to make any moves that aren't reactive - eg even if they want to move on from Ducasse, they won't cut him unless they make a trade or a signing and need the room, and even then it may be a fringe UDFA that meets the scissors.

Unless youre talking about the Jets.  In which case Adam Gase could sign a journeyman backup OL and place Quinnen Williams on waivers.?

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yeah but because there are no pads you are unlikely to get any read on this. 

You make a good point. Probably skill positions are easier to evaluate in OTAs than the trenches. Still, at least some chemistry can be built up and some things can discerned by a trained coach's eyes.

I wouldnt be surprised if some Oline personnel get released after OTAs.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will just hope for no injuries. Ruben Foster/Redskins  just got carted off the field on the 2nd play of their OTAs

the last 2 years have been freakishly major injury free in the preseason and regular season, for the most part..... i'm bracing hard this summer for a big one. I actually just always sorta do and have been pleasantly surprised lately.

3 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

I don't see any scenario were Ducasse starts over Spain or Feliciano.

He literally said FIRST starting alignment. He means the very first way they line up at OTAs.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Annual reminder to all: 

anyone’s perspective from outside of the Bills organization, their opinions and their comments, mean absolutely nothing. 

Don’t let your hunger for football allow you to buy into anything the media spews. 

Everybody looks good in shorts (Dez Lewis says hello). 

See you in August 

Well, not EVERYBODY...

Here is our long lost K Benjamin

xdALSGz.jpg