Players to watch at the Bills OTAs --- Wrap up thus far

Annual reminder to all: 

anyone’s perspective from outside of the Bills organization, their opinions and their comments, mean absolutely nothing. 

Don’t let your hunger for football allow you to buy into anything the media spews. 

Everybody looks good in shorts (Dez Lewis says hello). 

See you in August 

16 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

This where we’re posting our OL predictions?

Im going with 

Dawkins Spain Morse Ford Nsekhe

Long back up center 

Waddle swing tackle (Nsekhe would move over if needed)

feliciano and teller battle for final iOL spot. 

I like it! That’s exactly what I hope they do.... that’s a mean line.

54 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I think Duke Williams & David Sills V, have a realistic shot to make the 53 man roster.

Robert Foster, Zay Jones, John Brown & Cole Beasley are the only WR's I see as locks to make the team. Probably Andre Roberts too since he is a KR. After that there are 2-3 spots at the WR position that are wide open.

My Pre-OTA prediction is that Duke Williams makes the roster and Sills needs a year to grow on the practice squad.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

My Pre-OTA prediction is that Duke Williams makes the roster and Sills needs a year to grow on the practice squad.  

So which WR's do you see making the final roster?

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

I think every Bills fan threw up in their mouths seeing the name Ducasse on that list.

Hell, if Ducasse even makes the team I think every Bills fan will get physically ill.

They brought in all these new OLmen just so they can keep Ducasse? Ain't happening. Unless there are injuries, of course.

So anti-nausea medication producers will start promoting the Duc is what you're saying.

9 hours ago, Logic said:

This is pretty much the only thing that will truly be interesting to me. Ty Nsekhe is the wild card. The contract they gave him indicates to me that they may view him as a short term starter. If so, and if it's true they want Ford to start out at RT in hopes of winning that job, does Dawkins get pushed inside to LG? 

I was going to post something like this until I saw you put it out there first.

The OL lineup is the most interesting thing about OTAs, but I don't believe we're going to be able to draw much in the way of conclusions until training camp.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Then, prepare to be disappointed. This is only the first set of OTA's, I don't think the Bills are looking to cut any players right now.

Concur. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I get that...but Teller beating out Spain is highly unlikely. Spain is a beast, and without him starting alongside Dawkins, Dawkins himself may be on the move, and that just seems like an awful lot of change IMO. 

If Spain was an untaggable cast off, what makes you think Nsehke is gonna beat out a 2nd round pick who played good as a rookie, and "ok" as a sophomore...without a probowler lined up next to him? I think that's EXACTLY why they brought in Spain

Fair enough.

I don't think McDermott and Beane will be so quick to give up on a 5th round pick who played really well at times last year in Wyatt Teller. 

It seems like every year, there's a veteran that gets signed that everyone thinks was a "free agency steal". Fans count on said player starting and being a key contributor, when in fact said player winds up getting cut or riding the bench or not producing.

I won't be shocked at all if Spain beats out Teller, but I also won't be shocked if Teller wins the job and Spain either rides the pine or gets cut.

21 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Shady will be the most watched player this offseason by the Management  as they need to determine whether they are paying him $6 Million this year...

They can afford to pay him and i feel Josh Allen will be the most watched player this offseason.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

They can afford to pay him and i feel Josh Allen will be the most watched player this offseason.

Yes but for me how well the Oline clicks is what I want to know first. Any evaluation of JA as a pocket passer is moot unless he is given time to make his reads.

Mitch Morse and co. are on the clock.

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yes but for me how well the Oline clicks is what I want to know first. Any evaluation of JA as a pocket passer is moot unless he is given time to make his reads.

Mitch Morse and co. are on the clock.

Yeah but because there are no pads you are unlikely to get any read on this. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Fair enough.

I don't think McDermott and Beane will be so quick to give up on a 5th round pick who played really well at times last year in Wyatt Teller. 

It seems like every year, there's a veteran that gets signed that everyone thinks was a "free agency steal". Fans count on said player starting and being a key contributor, when in fact said player winds up getting cut or riding the bench or not producing.

I won't be shocked at all if Spain beats out Teller, but I also won't be shocked if Teller wins the job and Spain either rides the pine or gets cut.

This is true, but the beautiful thing about this off season, is that we signed so many guys on the OL...only half of them have to pan out and we're going to be in good shape!

22 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So many more than 8 things to watch for this offseason.  Looking forward to the scant details that emerge during OTAs.

You were hoping for 9 huh?

Image result for kramer seinfeld gif
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yeah but because there are no pads you are unlikely to get any read on this. 

This isn't something left for the fans to infer, either.  McDermott was quite explicit in saying "it isn't football until the pads go on in training camp" or words to that effect.

At this point, they're assessing overall work ethic, effort on the field, and ability to learn the plays and be coachable.  They're not going to make any moves that aren't reactive - eg even if they want to move on from Ducasse, they won't cut him unless they make a trade or a signing and need the room, and even then it may be a fringe UDFA that meets the scissors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You were looking for 9 huh?

How many men on the O Line?     As commented there are way more than 8 positions that need watching.  

Beyond JA's development we have 3 to WR's to watch for, 3 TE's to watch for,  all 3 RB's to watch for and the O Line.  

Then there's the Defense, which I'm really not worried about other than seeing Milano back 100% 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Logic said:

This is pretty much the only thing that will truly be interesting to me. Ty Nsekhe is the wild card. The contract they gave him indicates to me that they may view him as a short term starter. If so, and if it's true they want Ford to start out at RT in hopes of winning that job, does Dawkins get pushed inside to LG? 

I think Nsekhe was brought in to push Dawkins but ultimately have the same role as he has in DC as a backup swing OT. He could push for the RT job too yet think that Ford ends up starting. He's my top 5

Dawkins Spain Morse Long Ford

Had a dream that the season was here. First play from scrimmage Darnold fumbles the snap, Poyer picks it up and takes it to the house. Allen finishes the Jets game with something like 20/31, 274, 2td’s. 65% completion. We blow them out.

it was vivid. It was good. And now I want football damn it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1